Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Has anyone actually received an "Invite" to the Centurion program in 2017?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Has anyone actually received an "Invite" to the Centurion program in 2017?

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2017, 10:41 am

Originally Posted by Travout
Incidentally, to avoid flashing the card in front of customers I asked Amex to make me a Green Card too - they did it so when I have a customer dinner I don't flash the titanium.
But we have to do Kia Su with the card.
Old Jun 15, 2017, 4:32 pm

Programs: DL DM, Hertz PL, Relais & Chateaux 5C
Not true

Originally Posted by mileschlinger
the ECOA and the fairness in lending act pretty sure have changed how AMEX extends credit- this was not quoted to me exactly but pretty sure this is what was being talked about.

basically without a FR AMEX can only extend FAIR credit based on HISTORY of SPEND-REPAYMENT and FICO- this is why they monitor % of revolving outstanding and FICO every month.

yes people that push 2+ million have excellent credit. AMEX will NOT float or extend a 250K per month bill to someone that doesnt.
smaller fish might have 835+ credit but without the spend they dont get the black.
I dont have an 800 and can spend will into that range on my plat card. I have used "check my spending ability" to run 200000 charge while I had 60k on my card and it said I was approved to spend that. I mean I have some months that are 10k and some months that are 100k. I prob avg between 30-70 80% of the time. That is exclusive of my other charges on my Delta card which averages 60k a year.
Old Jun 15, 2017, 8:24 pm

That's w=awe208;28447956]I dont have an 800 and can spend will into that range on my plat card. I have used "check my spending ability" to run 200000 charge while I had 60k on my card and it said I was approved to spend that. I mean I have some months that are 10k and some months that are 100k. I prob avg between 30-70 80% of the time. That is exclusive of my other charges on my Delta card which averages 60k a year.[/QUOTE]

spending 50k a month with a sub 800 FICO won't get u a black card. Trust me
Old Jun 15, 2017, 8:48 pm

the ECOA and the fairness in lending act pretty sure have changed how AMEX extends credit- this was not quoted to me exactly but pretty sure this is what was being talked about.

basically without a FR AMEX can only extend FAIR credit based on HISTORY of SPEND-REPAYMENT and FICO- this is why they monitor % of revolving outstanding and FICO every month.

yes people that push 2+ million have excellent credit. AMEX will NOT float or extend a 250K per month bill to someone that doesnt.
smaller fish might have 835+ credit but without the spend they dont get the black.
I work in consumer compliance at a bank. You're quoting laws that's not related to what you're trying to convey.

Fair Credit Reporting Act requires a credit company to extend credit to everyone that they set a criteria for to a Credit Reporting Agency. They can set whatever criteria they want, and whomever the Agency reports back to them MUST get a firm offer of credit.

But no one requires AMEX to seek customers for Centurion this way. They can do it in any way they want, and apparently having a existing AMEX charge card relationship is the best way. They gather both experience and non-experience information, run their own models and determine who gets an invite.

ECOA and Truth in Lending (you wrote fairness in lending, which doesn't exist) are simply regulations that govern that consumers are treated equally in the credit application process and credit disclosure process respectively. That is all, that has nothing to do with why a particular person didn't even get invited to apply for credit.
Old Jun 22, 2017, 8:37 pm

No centurion offer after $2 million anual spend

For the last 3 years i have spent between $2 to $3 million on my business platinum and have not received a centurion invite. i know people will tell me there is no point to it anymore, but i don't care i still want one.

anyone have any advice on how to move up that invite list?
Old Jun 22, 2017, 8:57 pm

Do u have contact w a local Amex rep?
Old Jun 22, 2017, 9:35 pm

$2-3mil usd should mean that you have a Relationship Manager (RM) assigned to you. That is your best bet. I know you want a centurion card but just take anything that says platinum and type the word centurion and place it over the word platinum. Amex does it with so many centurion items from emails to fhr material it is sad. I am sure chase will soon have a product better than centurion. So so sad.
Old Jun 23, 2017, 1:16 am

Our corporate Rep asked how we could increase our spending. Offered $1M per month of additional spend. I asked for the Centurion figuring they’d probably even waive the fee. She tried. Apparently there is also a corporate Centurion program. “Not doing invitations right now.” Yes, I was kind of stunned. The company is too big to make decisions in a non-bureaucratic way. I did almost $400k of personal spending last year also. Figured the 50% back on points they are keeping for this card plus the Delta status would have been valuable for me. But yes, one would figure $10M plus of business might have moved the needle. Nope. I own the stock and was probably most disappointed that they wouldn’t ”hustle” in that sense. Life goes on.

Last edited by nyc2cal; Nov 3, 2017 at 12:37 am
Old Jun 27, 2017, 12:37 pm

Do u have contact w a local Amex rep?
yes I told her I'm going to cancel if they don't get me centurion, her response was there is nothing she can do.
Old Jun 30, 2017, 12:33 am

What number is everyone calling in the US to get their account "notated" to be of interest for an Amex centurion?
Old Jun 30, 2017, 7:17 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hertz PC, Global Entry, CLEAR
Originally Posted by bolaber
What number is everyone calling in the US to get their account "notated" to be of interest for an Amex centurion?
I believe the number is still 1-800-956-9293. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
Old Jun 30, 2017, 6:54 pm

Please remove that phone number.
Originally Posted by texastea
i believe the number is still 1-800-956-9293. Someone correct me if i'm wrong.
Old Jul 1, 2017, 6:08 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by Centurion
The same number was posted by the official American Express Twitter account here:

Old Jul 1, 2017, 6:26 am

Originally Posted by Centurion
Now everyone is calling Centurion RM for a black card
Old Jul 1, 2017, 7:02 am

Programs: BA Gold, TK E+, ex AA EXP
Anybody know the additional benefits and requirements for Spanish or French market?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.