Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Has anyone actually received an "Invite" to the Centurion program in 2017?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Has anyone actually received an "Invite" to the Centurion program in 2017?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14, 2017, 2:38 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by prwdmd
...round 2014 they upgraded the benefit to Platinum....
Appears accurate:

A Centurion exclusive — complimentary Hertz Platinum Status
Old Nov 14, 2017, 4:46 pm

Programs: DL(PM), UA(Silver), AA(EXP) Marriott(Ti), HH(Gold), Hertz(PC)
Originally Posted by prwdmd
BTW... can anyone with the card explain how they first received their Centurion invitation?? Does Amex do it through email, a mailed letter, or is it a package?
It's kinda of elaborate, until you open it and it's just a small card saying that you're invited to apply, and there's a number and such.

I'll keep it as a memento, but I won't be getting the card. As I said elsewhere on this thread when I got the invitation, I think the fees are insane. $10K for the first year alone.
Old Nov 14, 2017, 5:21 pm

Programs: Various
Originally Posted by mia
Centurion Cards in US get Hertz Platinum, elsewhere (such as UK) it is Hertz President's Circle.

Now in true AmEx couldn't organize anything style, the benefits on the UK Hertz President's Circle card are mostly better than Hertz Platinum. It would appear that whoever negotiated the contract for UK Centurion Cards, got a better set of benefits than a standard Hertz President's Circle member would get - in particular around upgrades (basically you can book the cheapest car, and get an upgrade to best available exc Prestige Collection). It's been a source of many comedy conversations with AmEx in both the US and UK for me, as I have Centurion in both markets. They've been 'working' on it for well over a year now to get to the bottom of it as I show up as Hertz Platinum by default, but there is more chance of solving world peace to be honest.
Old Nov 16, 2017, 10:42 am

This year will wind up close to 7 million on biz accounts and 150k on personal - personal being mainly restaurants, high end travel, and luxury boutique shops.

still no invite. Have heard that existing cent member can make recommendation, may try that avenue next week.
Old Nov 17, 2017, 11:02 am

Originally Posted by emcnj
This year will wind up close to 7 million on biz accounts and 150k on personal - personal being mainly restaurants, high end travel, and luxury boutique shops.

still no invite. Have heard that existing cent member can make recommendation, may try that avenue next week.

I received my invitation through my assigned representative, I think they are called Account Development managers. perhaps a manager can be requested and then in turn bring it up to them that you are interested.
Old Nov 24, 2017, 6:45 am

Originally Posted by Plumuser
I received my invitation through my assigned representative, I think they are called Account Development managers. perhaps a manager can be requested and then in turn bring it up to them that you are interested.
Went down this road when I was assigned a rep about 2 years ago. During our first meet I inquired about it and he basically said theres no pull or leverage they have. He even went on to say he had scenarios where other individuals were spending 2x-3x more than me yearly and threatened to pull their entire spend if they were not invited - reps and upper management still didn't budge. Interestingly enough though I've been hearing about this more and more lately, so maybe the policy has changed.
Old Dec 20, 2017, 3:45 am

Originally Posted by pvgman
I have a plat in Spain and spent above 150k€ in the last 12months, mostly lifestyle and luxury shopping, no invitation, I didn't contact them or asked for an invitation
Call them around April-May.
Old Jan 1, 2018, 6:00 pm
Original Poster

Starting 2018 Centurion Card Invite Thread:

2018 Has anyone actually received an Centurion Card invite?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.