Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Has anyone actually received an "Invite" to the Centurion program in 2017?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Has anyone actually received an "Invite" to the Centurion program in 2017?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8, 2017, 12:02 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Amb, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by mileschlinger
If you are not spending over 1M per year on your biz acct no chance ..
I'd base on what other members have said and my own experience and change that to per month.
Old Oct 8, 2017, 2:47 pm

Originally Posted by Sohan
I'd base on what other members have said and my own experience and change that to per month.
I can tell you that spending >=$1M per month will get you the Business Centurion rather quickly. Originally I was given the runaround but when I met in person with the district sales director, I was invited by asking for it. He got his Senior VP to approve it and I got a call to register my account (no invitation via the mail). All of this took a few weeks.

I doubt that is the minimum requirement because my understanding from anecdotal comments they've made to me that very few clients are at $1M per month. I have no idea what the personal requirements are, and I think the business version is much better than the personal anyway.
Old Nov 10, 2017, 4:12 pm

Spain personal Cent is no more than €200k minimum spend it seems.
Old Nov 11, 2017, 10:20 am

Programs: BA Gold, TK E+, ex AA EXP
Originally Posted by farrell
Spain personal Cent is no more than €200k minimum spend it seems.
I have a plat in Spain and spent above 150k€ in the last 12months, mostly lifestyle and luxury shopping, no invitation, I didn't contact them or asked for an invitation
Old Nov 11, 2017, 3:30 pm

Programs: Lost it all and don't care
Originally Posted by mdosu
not surprised that lifestyle purchases is a path to Centurion invite. My issue is spending enough
My average spend is $120K a year on my Platinum and it is all personal, and almost daily use. Don't know what I'd have to be buying to double that amount to be honest. I'd probably end up grossly obese and with liver cancer if I tried. Life is pretty good where I find myself, and, I cannot see paying the fee either. I'd rather have another Rolex instead of pay the one time initiation cost.

Last edited by KDS777; Nov 13, 2017 at 11:03 am
Old Nov 11, 2017, 4:16 pm

Programs: DL(PM), UA(Silver), AA(EXP) Marriott(Ti), HH(Gold), Hertz(PC)
I'm very surprised at this development, but I got an invitation. Which I will cheerfully ignore, because I think the fees involved in carrying this wallet candy are insane.

The basics: I've been a cardmember since early 1986, always in good standing, some months I spend moderately, some a lot when I travel using OPM. I started with the green card which I had for a long time, eventually a gold card, and three years ago the platinum card. Besides that, I had the Optima for a while way back when it came out, and since 2012 the Delta Platinum card. I also have a corporate green card with my employer, with personal responsibility. This card sees about $5K-$6K a month of travel related expenses (hotels, rental cars, meals, sometimes random things like UPS/FedEx, etc), but hardly ever airline tickets since those are handled by the corporate travel department.

The expenditures on my personal cards are all over the place... restaurants, personal travel tickets, utility bills, clothing at places from Walmart to semi-high end stores, groceries, really whatever household expenses come up. Plus the occasional trip when I do some consulting on the side.

I'd say that between the corporate card and the personal cards the yearly expenditures are in the $130-$150K range. Hardly the picture of a high flying CEO!

Not that I ever considered wanting this card, but it kinda lost its luster for me, a little.
MrShyGuy and darrvao777 like this.
Old Nov 12, 2017, 2:22 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by fliesdelta
I'm very surprised at this development, but I got an invitation. Which I will cheerfully ignore, because I think the fees involved in carrying this wallet candy are insane.

The basics: I've been a cardmember since early 1986, always in good standing, some months I spend moderately, some a lot when I travel using OPM. I started with the green card which I had for a long time, eventually a gold card, and three years ago the platinum card. Besides that, I had the Optima for a while way back when it came out, and since 2012 the Delta Platinum card. I also have a corporate green card with my employer, with personal responsibility. This card sees about $5K-$6K a month of travel related expenses (hotels, rental cars, meals, sometimes random things like UPS/FedEx, etc), but hardly ever airline tickets since those are handled by the corporate travel department.

The expenditures on my personal cards are all over the place... restaurants, personal travel tickets, utility bills, clothing at places from Walmart to semi-high end stores, groceries, really whatever household expenses come up. Plus the occasional trip when I do some consulting on the side.

I'd say that between the corporate card and the personal cards the yearly expenditures are in the $130-$150K range. Hardly the picture of a high flying CEO!

Not that I ever considered wanting this card, but it kinda lost its luster for me, a little.
Amex is trying to increase its fee revenues while also trying to improve its future credit risk profile with regard to potential non-performing assets. Getting customers who are better than average credit risks over a very long period of time to pay more in fee revenue is just what Amex wants. And so I expect to see more Centurion invites going out for US customers like you, since bigger spenders with way shorter Amex histories may not be all what Amex wants and needs even if it comes with some bigger fee revenue over the short term.
Old Nov 12, 2017, 2:13 pm

Programs: DL(PM), UA(Silver), AA(EXP) Marriott(Ti), HH(Gold), Hertz(PC)
Originally Posted by GUWonder
Amex is trying to increase its fee revenues while also trying to improve its future credit risk profile with regard to potential non-performing assets. Getting customers who are better than average credit risks over a very long period of time to pay more in fee revenue is just what Amex wants. And so I expect to see more Centurion invites going out for US customers like you, since bigger spenders with way shorter Amex histories may not be all what Amex wants and needs even if it comes with some bigger fee revenue over the short term.
I suppose that makes sense, but at the same time, it takes even more of the luster away if the criteria to qualify isn't all that high. I've seen people post here that they spend well into the high six, sometimes even seven figures, and they don't get an invitation.
Old Nov 14, 2017, 11:37 am

I've been a Platinum card member since 99... past few years have had over 300k/year in spending, lot's of travel and luxury spending... I believe I'm hitting a lot of the qualifications they are looking for. I'm scratching my head about something... yesterday I received a Hertz black President's Circle card... which apparently is a Centurion benefit. Definitely haven't had 20 rentals this year to qualify for it the normal way. Did Hertz preemptively send me out a President's Circle card because something else is on the way from Amex?? Definitely going to be checking my mailbox a lot this this week....
Old Nov 14, 2017, 11:46 am

Originally Posted by prwdmd
I've been a Platinum card member since 99... past few years have had over 300k/year in spending, lot's of travel and luxury spending... I believe I'm hitting a lot of the qualifications they are looking for. I'm scratching my head about something... yesterday I received a Hertz black President's Circle card... which apparently is a Centurion benefit. Definitely haven't had 20 rentals this year to qualify for it the normal way. Did Hertz preemptively send me out a President's Circle card because something else is on the way from Amex?? Definitely going to be checking my mailbox a lot this this week....
The Centurion benefit with Hertz is Platinum status, not President's Circle.
Old Nov 14, 2017, 11:56 am

Originally Posted by SusanDK
The Centurion benefit with Hertz is Platinum status, not President's Circle.
Attached Images  
Old Nov 14, 2017, 12:32 pm

actually it is hertz platinum. Don't get your hopes up you don't get the benefits until you're approved for the card.
Old Nov 14, 2017, 12:39 pm

Originally Posted by mileschlinger
actually it is hertz platinum. Don't get your hopes up you don't get the benefits until you're approved for the card.
Ok... I see... I think Centurion used to get you Hertz PC but then sometime around 2014 they upgraded the benefit to Platinum. Must have been an old page I was looking at... lol

BTW... can anyone with the card explain how they first received their Centurion invitation?? Does Amex do it through email, a mailed letter, or is it a package?
Old Nov 14, 2017, 12:51 pm

Ok... I see... I think Centurion used to get you Hertz PC but then sometime around 2014 they upgraded the benefit to Platinum. Must have been an old page I was looking at... lol

BTW... can anyone with the card explain how they first received their Centurion invitation?? Does Amex do it through email, a mailed letter, or is it a package?
I think most people get a invitation to "apply" in the mail then they call in.
Old Nov 14, 2017, 1:39 pm

US Centurion has always had Platinum status at Hertz.

My invitation way back when was via UPS with a number to call in to accept or decline.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.