Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

How common are targeted offers without once-in-a-lifetime language?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2019, 12:30 am

Originally Posted by cubachao
log into my everyday card, got the message for pre-approval for the gold card ( 50k with 2k spend). I had gold card in 2016, not sure if I will receive the points after i apply the card? any experience ( i looked at the term, didnt see the life language)

thanks!
Yes, you'll qualify. The same thing happened to me recently, and the signup bonus posted as expected after meeting the minimum required spend.
Old Feb 19, 2019, 6:45 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL SM, UA MP.
Has anyone gotten targeted offers in the last year or two?

Especially if one has previously held the Gold or Platinum cards?
Old Feb 19, 2019, 7:51 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by wco81
Yes, use Search this Thread in a thread discussing a card, with keyword targeted, and you will find posts like THIS.

You may also wish to look at this thread:

Old Feb 19, 2019, 8:13 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL SM, UA MP.
Originally Posted by mia
Yes, use Search this Thread in a thread discussing a card, with keyword targeted, and you will find posts like THIS.

You may also wish to look at this thread:

Thanks, one of the posts in that thread refers to logging into his Everyday Amex and doing the offer from there and getting the bonus.

I just did the same and it shows offers for Gold and Platinum but if you click the terms and conditions, they both clearly say "not available" to applicants who've had those cards.

The offer codes I see for the Terms and Conditions document are:

POID BRLT:0005 for the Gold card.

POID CF6S:0002 for the Platinum Amex.

So it would be good to see if people post offer codes for those without the Welcome offer "not available" language.
Old Feb 19, 2019, 10:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Especially if one has previously held the Gold or Platinum cards?
Yes. 3 times, incl one late last year when I have the card less than 6 months from the previous targeted offer. I did not take the last targeted offer because I still have the active card not even 6 months old.
In all, the current card is no.3 in 4 years. 1st one was fresh, 2nd and 3rd (the current one) were targeted. All received sign up bonus.
Old Feb 19, 2019, 11:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks, one of the posts in that thread refers to logging into his Everyday Amex and doing the offer from there and getting the bonus.

I just did the same and it shows offers for Gold and Platinum but if you click the terms and conditions, they both clearly say "not available" to applicants who've had those cards.

The offer codes I see for the Terms and Conditions document are:

POID BRLT:0005 for the Gold card.

POID CF6S:0002 for the Platinum Amex.

So it would be good to see if people post offer codes for those without the Welcome offer "not available" language.
It does not matter because it does not work as if you can call in to apply with those targeted offers.

Once again, the targeted offers come directly to you either by an email or a snail mail with the link to apply.
When you go to the application page, your personal credentials are prefilled, grayed out, cannot be change. There is no need to fill in any code which is shown on the T&Cs of the application and there is NO language above the T&Cs.

All 5 (3 emails 2 snail mails) targeted offers I received behaved this way.
Old Nov 12, 2019, 1:32 pm

Multiple Amex Platnium(personal) Bonus Offer

I was under the impression amex allows 1 bonus/welcome offer per card/lifetime. I've had the amex platinum personal card(opened in 2015) and received the bonus offer of a 100k mr points. I have closed this platinum account over 2 years ago.

When I login to amex it shows I am pre approved for an amex platnium card with 60k point offer. It has a set apr of ~26%. When I read the terms there is nothing regarding 1 bonus/welcome offer per card. It just has the standard "if we think you are gaming the system..." comment.

Anyone have experience applying for the same card and receiving the welcome bonus?

Thank you,

Shane
Old Nov 12, 2019, 1:36 pm

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
No experience but is it an upgrade of an existing Amex product?
Old Nov 12, 2019, 1:59 pm

Originally Posted by Gig103
No experience but is it an upgrade of an existing Amex product?
No when I login and I am viewing my Amex ED card it shows as an Amex Offer. It showed previuosly as a banner across the top but I was also on Amex ED card selection(i have half a dozen charge and cc w/ amex and history since 08'
Old Nov 12, 2019, 2:46 pm
mia

Originally Posted by silver02accord
I was under the impression amex allows 1 bonus/welcome offer per card/lifetime.
True for public offers, but targeted offers are different:

Old Nov 12, 2019, 2:53 pm

Originally Posted by silver02accord
No when I login and I am viewing my Amex ED card it shows as an Amex Offer. It showed previuosly as a banner across the top but I was also on Amex ED card selection(i have half a dozen charge and cc w/ amex and history since 08'
I applied and was approved, i'll report back regarding bonus.
Old Dec 14, 2019, 2:24 pm

Programs: HH Diamond
Delta Gold Bonus restrictions?

I am getting mailers to sign up for the Delta Gold AMEX for a 60,000 mile signup bonus. I cannot find anything in the T&C in small print about whether you aren't qualified because you had a Delta Gold AMEX in the passed, but I seem to remember reading on here that AMEX gives only one bonus per card type per lifetime.

I called the number and the lady was more than happy to sign me up of course. I asked her if I was eligible for the bonus and she looked at the referral number and said 'it doesn't say anything in here about you not being eligible, so you probably are. Lets just go ahead and apply for the card, I am pretty sure you will get the bonus". I wasn't really confident in her answer.

It was a few years since I had that card, maybe 5 or 6 years. Would I be eligible for the spend bonus? Or is Amex really cut and dry about this? And it doesn't seem like its something they fully disclose?

Thanks for any data points.
Old Dec 15, 2019, 6:08 am
mia

Originally Posted by bitterproffit
....I seem to remember reading on here that AMEX gives only one bonus per card type per lifetime.
American Express public offers always include the lifetime restriction, but there are many targeted offers which do not. Be sure to save the offer until the bonus points are posted.
bitterproffit likes this.
Old Dec 15, 2019, 6:13 am

Programs: HH Diamond
Originally Posted by mia
American Express public offers always include the lifetime restriction, but there are many targeted offers which do not. Be sure to save the offer until the bonus points are posted.
Thanks, and I see you have answered that question multiple times. Sorry for a new top post, I searched a bit for a similar thread, but clearly missed an obvious one.
Old Nov 30, 2020, 8:24 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG100K, BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Plat,
Got an email about upgrading to Plat despite closing last year for 60k MR for 5k spend that I took

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.