Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 18, 2016, 11:19 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
This thread is a continuation of: Amex (USA) Sync Offers 2012 - 2015

Click HERE to be notified when this thread is updated.
Print Wikipost

Amex (USA) Sync Offers 2016-2019

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2017, 8:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

tough one if spending on multiple cards, i will have to remember to make a note of when i started working on a large requirement if i ever get one.

presumably it is something one could ask customer service / account services / membership rewards.

ive noticed with things like 2X points through end of year, they post within 2-3 days of each transaction.
Old Aug 22, 2017, 8:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
So I have a bit of an odd timing question on the 2 Hilton offers floating around. I have the following two offers on my card

- Get save 15% and get 5k Hilton points on a 2 night weekend stay (expires 10/17)
- Spend $300+ at a Hilton Portfolio hotel, get 3,500 MR points (expires 9/30)

The thing is... the stay I'm planning to use these for is 10/13-10/15. Clearly the 3500 MR points are more valuable than the 5k Hilton, so I'm probably going to email the hotel and ask them to charge my card in advance (even though it's a flexible rate). I wonder if I'll then still get the 5k Hilton points, even though the charge will be before the stay? The 15% discount is taken at the time of reservation at Hilton.com, and I got a surprisingly good rate at a Hilton property I really like.
Old Aug 26, 2017, 6:44 am

MACY's 15 back on 100
Old Aug 26, 2017, 2:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

i guess some exclude advance rates to limit the window of opportunity

id be curious re ways hotel can help get around it. i know some past offers where people were able to add a gift card to their room folio to meet the required spend.
Old Aug 26, 2017, 3:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
At least with Hilton, the problem with advanced purchase rates are that they are processed by a central clearinghouse of the chain, whereas the Amex promotion code is looking for charges directly from an individual hotel for qualification.
Old Aug 26, 2017, 3:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

if that is mainly all it is, could be a solution to have hotel itself run the charge.
Old Aug 26, 2017, 5:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
At least with Hilton, the problem with advanced purchase rates are that they are processed by a central clearinghouse of the chain, whereas the Amex promotion code is looking for charges directly from an individual hotel for qualification.
I know that, hence why I booked a flexible rate (not the advance purchase rate) and said I'd email the hotel to ask them to charge me in advance. It's a flexible rate with the rate code labeled: AMEX 15 PCT POINTS
Old Aug 26, 2017, 6:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Very clever of you - admire your creativity!
Old Aug 26, 2017, 7:57 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by krazykanuck
.... It's a flexible rate with the rate code labeled: AMEX 15 PCT POINTS
Looks as if you may wish to subscribe to this thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...amex-fail.html
Old Aug 27, 2017, 9:49 am

Has anyone done the Nike gift card offer lately? Are the Amex emails coming and are the credits posting automatically?

I did the most recent iteration on all my cards, but never got any of the emails. I never contacted Amex, and eventually all my cards showed a $10 credit that just said OFFER CREDIT instead of Nike offer. The offer hasn't moved to the redeemed section on any of my cards, though. I'm wondering if I should go for it again and see if it works.

Side note: This morning I did three offers, but only got one email. I did the spend $100 on cell phone bill, get 1000 MR and got that email. I also placed orders at Macy's and Boxed but have not gotten emails for those.
Old Aug 27, 2017, 10:01 am

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Ok, this is probably a really stupid question but I have my teflon pants on.

If a hotel offer is (let's use the La Quinta example):
"Get a 1X $20 statement credit by using your enrolled Card to spend $100+ on room rate and room charges, when you pay for your stay with La Quinta Inns & Suites® from 7/10/17 to 9/10/17......Offer valid on room rate and room charges."

So if the room costs $98 and tax brings the total on the folio to $110, does this count? Or does the room itself need to be over $100? Does Amex get a breakdown or room rate, tax, etc. or is it just the entire folio has to total over $100?
Old Aug 27, 2017, 10:12 am

Originally Posted by Finkface
Ok, this is probably a really stupid question but I have my teflon pants on.

If a hotel offer is (let's use the La Quinta example):
"Get a 1X $20 statement credit by using your enrolled Card to spend $100+ on room rate and room charges, when you pay for your stay with La Quinta Inns & Suites® from 7/10/17 to 9/10/17......Offer valid on room rate and room charges."

So if the room costs $98 and tax brings the total on the folio to $110, does this count? Or does the room itself need to be over $100? Does Amex get a breakdown or room rate, tax, etc. or is it just the entire folio has to total over $100?
The total amount on the credit card needs to be $100+. So this will get the credit.
Old Aug 27, 2017, 10:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Not a "stupid" question, but has been covered before. AMEX promo coding awards bonuses based on the total net final charge posted, despite all that T & C jargon.
Old Aug 27, 2017, 11:37 am

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
Not a "stupid" question, but has been covered before. AMEX promo coding awards bonuses based on the total net final charge posted, despite all that T & C jargon.
Thanks. It was just the 'room rate and charges' language that gave me pause. So many things are based on pre-tax amounts. Good to know this will work.
Old Aug 27, 2017, 12:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Anyone having problems with the Spend $3000+, get 6000 bonus points sync offer posting?

Had this offer on one of my cards and specifically used it as part of my car down payment (dealer accepted CC with no additional fee so it was a no brainer to use AMEX and get the bonus points).

AMEX chat agent claims no offer shows on the transaction even though I got the confirmation email "Thank you for using your American Express® Card ending in XYZ for 6,000 Membership Rewards® Points Bonus offer. You will have successfully redeemed the offer if your purchase meets the terms of the offer" minutes after the transaction went through.

She's opening an investigation for the back-end team to see what is up but I'm going to be quite miffed if they come back with anything other than a full granting of the 6000 bonus points (would've used my CFU for 1.5x if the AMEX offer hadn't been on the table). Hopefully just a technical error since clearly the system recognized that the purchase met the criteria since it triggered a "Thank you! You've just used your Membership Rewards® Points Bonus Offer" email.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.