Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 18, 2016, 11:19 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
This thread is a continuation of: Amex (USA) Sync Offers 2012 - 2015

Click HERE to be notified when this thread is updated.
Print Wikipost

Amex (USA) Sync Offers 2016-2019

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15, 2017, 12:55 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Moderator observation

There have been many Hilton offers. The questions and concerns about multiple stays, stacking offers, qualifying brands, prepaid exclusions, etc have been asked and answered earlier in the thread. If you use Search this Thread with the keyword Hilton you will find most of what you need.
Old Jun 15, 2017, 2:49 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
There is a US based Marriott offer live now:

Get a 1X $40 statement credit by using your enrolled American Express Card to spend $200+ on room rate and room charges, when you pay for your stay with any JW Marriott US based hotel from 6/15/17 to 9/5/2017.
Old Jun 15, 2017, 2:52 pm

An AirBnB offer just popped up on my primary and AU Everyday Card - $50 credit when spending $150+. Great timing as my daughter has been looking at 2 night stay in an $85/night apartment in D.C.

Last edited by callinectes; Jun 15, 2017 at 2:58 pm
Old Jun 15, 2017, 2:55 pm
mia

Originally Posted by mhdena
JW Marriott on several cards including both SPG and SPGB.
Spend $200/$40 .... 9/5/17
Originally Posted by TravelinSperry
Get a 1X $40 statement credit by using your enrolled American Express Card to spend $200+ on room rate and room charges, when you pay for your stay with any JW Marriott US based hotel from 6/15/17 to 9/5/2017.
There is a list of JW Marriott locations here. Look to be about two dozen.

http://www.marriott.com/jw-marriott/...orth%20America
Old Jun 15, 2017, 3:30 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by mia
There have been many Hilton offers. The questions and concerns about multiple stays, stacking offers, qualifying brands, prepaid exclusions, etc have been asked and answered earlier in the thread. If you use Search this Thread with the keyword Hilton you will find most of what you need.
I assume it's upthread but just in case (i don't know how you use the search feature, it simply sucks. I try and always find nothing but pages of irrelevant info).

Get a 1X $100 USD statement credit by using your enrolled Card to spend $500+ USD on room rate and room charges for your stay at Hilton properties in the UK from 6/15/17 to 10/31/17. Book direct with Hilton. Must enroll Card prior to booking. See terms.

OFFER TERMS

Enrollment limited. Offer only valid for eligible US Card Members for purchases made at hotels and resorts within the Hilton Portfolio in the United Kingdom. An “eligible US Card Member” is an American Express Card Member who has a US-issued American Express® Card and who receives this offer directly from American Express. Must enroll Card prior to booking and use same Card to redeem. Offer only valid for reservations made online at hilton.com, via the Hilton Honors App or by calling 1-800-HILTONS (445-8667). Excludes gift card purchases. Offer does not apply to advance purchase rates, including Advance Purchase, Save Now & Pay and Non-refundable rates. Offer only valid on room rate and room charges. Offer not valid for stays that are paid for before or after the promotion start and end dates. When you make a qualifying purchase in a foreign currency, the applicable statement credit will be credited in your local currency using the exchange rate at the date the statement credit is applied. Offer is non-transferable. Limit 1 statement credit(s) per American Express® online account. Statement credit will appear on your billing statement within 90 days after 10/31/2017, provided that American Express receives information from the merchant about your qualifying purchase. Statement credit may be reversed if qualifying purchase is cancelled. If American Express does not receive information that identifies your transaction as qualifying for the offer, you will not receive the statement credit. For example, your transaction will not qualify if it is not made directly with the merchant. In addition, in most cases, you may not receive the statement credit if your transaction is made with an electronic wallet or through a third party or if the merchant uses a mobile or wireless card reader to process it. By adding an offer to a Card, you agree that American Express may send you communications about the offer.
Old Jun 15, 2017, 5:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TravelinSperry
There is a US based Marriott offer live now:

That's not a US-based Marriott offer, it's only a US-based JW Marriott offer.

JW Marriott is a specific brand, separate from the normal Marriott brand. This promo is only for the JW Marriott brand, not for the normal Marriott brand.
Old Jun 15, 2017, 6:07 pm

Originally Posted by sdsearch

JW Marriott is a specific brand, separate from the normal Marriott brand. This promo is only for the JW Marriott brand, not for the normal Marriott brand.
Right, as described in the T&C's below the comment you highlighted in red. JW Marriott. 27 participating properties.
Old Jun 16, 2017, 1:07 am

promos

Fyi There's two promos available which should be stack-able with current Amex offers
  1. boxed: LOVEDAD for $5 off order > $50
  2. Simplisafe: Personalized 20% off code for new customers
Old Jun 16, 2017, 4:34 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat
Don't know if anyone noticed a couple of days back, but I got $50+ by 12/31 on Amazon and get 2k MR bonus. Got this offer for 2 out of 5 cards.
Old Jun 16, 2017, 5:06 am

Originally Posted by sdsearch

Does JW sell Marriott gC's? I recall a while back buying Marriott GCs at a Courtyard when CY had an Amex offer.
Old Jun 16, 2017, 6:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by slivrflyr
Does JW sell Marriott gC's? I recall a while back buying Marriott GCs at a Courtyard when CY had an Amex offer.
I think you may have to go to a JW (only 27 of them to choose among) to find out for yourself. It's not a brand many people mention staying at in the Marriott forum, and most people who stay at a high end hotel like that probably don't look to buy Marriott gift cards there.

Besides, just because one location has gift cards doesn't prove that every location does.
Old Jun 16, 2017, 7:04 am
mia

Does JW sell Marriott gC's? .
Probably, I would call the most convenient location and ask:

Q. Where can I purchase a Marriott GiftCard?
A. Marriott GiftCards are available for purchase at gifts.marriott.com or at participating hotels.
Old Jun 16, 2017, 5:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by pstrider85
Thank you both very much. I do appreciate your replies.

Another quick question (I did a lot of searches already but no definitive answer):

Does tax usually include with Amex offers like this one ($35 credit for $175 spend)?

The terms doesn't have any language about tax; only '...room rates and room charges...'

Example:

$300 Room cost
$50 Tax

$350 total split between 2 cards ($175 each)

Assuming both cards have the 35/175 offers, would they both qualify for the $35 credit?

If tax is excluded in the offer, then technically each card would be $25 short of $175 minimum spend, and therefore not qualify for the credit.
total charged to the card. Works as you describe it
Old Jun 17, 2017, 10:57 pm

Does JW sell Marriott gC's?
I popped into JW SF today, and this location does NOT sell GC.
Old Jun 17, 2017, 11:07 pm

the spas may sell gift cards, even when the reception does not

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.