Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 18, 2016, 11:19 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
This thread is a continuation of: Amex (USA) Sync Offers 2012 - 2015

Click HERE to be notified when this thread is updated.
Print Wikipost

Amex (USA) Sync Offers 2016-2019

Search this Thread

Old Nov 7, 2016, 6:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
No, must be a single stay of $250.
Old Nov 7, 2016, 6:57 pm

sorry for this noob question

am i correct that the Amex offers you get (by login to your Amex account online, and scrolling down to "Amex offers and benefits" section) are actually only a subset of the Amex Twitter Sync offers (those with hash tag that requires you to tweet form your twitter handle)?

if i am right, then i guess it is still beneficial to actually still hook your Amex card to Twitter account in order to capture those offers not showing up in your login?

i dont use social media, but linking N twitter accounts to N Amex card sounds like a chore. however i guess this is my only choice if i want to capture those Amex offers not showing up in my login.
Old Nov 7, 2016, 8:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by gnomey
sorry for this noob question

am i correct that the Amex offers you get (by login to your Amex account online, and scrolling down to "Amex offers and benefits" section) are actually only a subset of the Amex Twitter Sync offers (those with hash tag that requires you to tweet form your twitter handle)?

if i am right, then i guess it is still beneficial to actually still hook your Amex card to Twitter account in order to capture those offers not showing up in your login?

i dont use social media, but linking N twitter accounts to N Amex card sounds like a chore. however i guess this is my only choice if i want to capture those Amex offers not showing up in my login.
It is the opposite.

Twitter does not always have the offers shown on AMEX login. More often than not, the best offers are not available thru Twitter.
Old Nov 7, 2016, 8:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by rocky_nnc
Anyone tried more than once at Sam's?
I just got one last week 500$ 1 MCGC ,no point going back there right?
It is one single transaction offer. No repeat. There is a system glitch but you have long passed the time frame (multiple transactions on same day at same place).
Old Nov 7, 2016, 8:51 pm

Programs: Ink/Sapphire/Freedom/SPG
Originally Posted by Happy
It is one single transaction offer. No repeat. There is a system glitch but you have long passed the time frame (multiple transactions on same day at same place).
thanks for clarifying.
Old Nov 7, 2016, 9:30 pm

It is the opposite.

Twitter does not always have the offers shown on AMEX login. More often than not, the best offers are not available thru Twitter.
oh i see. so if i regularly do the multi-browser trick when adding Amex offers when logged in to my online Amex account, then is there any further benefit or reason for me to sync twitter account(s) to an amex card(s)?

i guess i m trying to understand if (A) is a subset of (B) or (B) is a subset of (A), or is it the case where they are not necessarily consistently a subset of one or the other.

p/s: the reason prompting all these questions is bc i recently noticed that the BestBuy Amex offer and Newegg Amex offer didnt appear in any of my Amex cards while logged in, and that, the only way for me to get it is to tweet the respective hashtag abt it. so now, having been told that it is actually the reverse, threw me off a little
Old Nov 7, 2016, 9:46 pm

Check offers on mobile app, twitter and website. Sometimes, you'll see different offers across the various platforms, and sometimes you don't. Sometimes, you'll see offers on one card but not another card. No one knows why.
Old Nov 7, 2016, 10:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by gnomey
oh i see. so if i regularly do the multi-browser trick when adding Amex offers when logged in to my online Amex account, then is there any further benefit or reason for me to sync twitter account(s) to an amex card(s)?

i guess i m trying to understand if (A) is a subset of (B) or (B) is a subset of (A), or is it the case where they are not necessarily consistently a subset of one or the other.

p/s: the reason prompting all these questions is bc i recently noticed that the BestBuy Amex offer and Newegg Amex offer didnt appear in any of my Amex cards while logged in, and that, the only way for me to get it is to tweet the respective hashtag abt it. so now, having been told that it is actually the reverse, threw me off a little
Offers do not show up at the same time for everyone. Sometimes I see offers a day or more after blogs everywhere publish them already. There is no telling on how and when the offers would show up under which card.

All our personal cards see the BBY offer, yet none of a friend's card has it despite we both received the offer in July, just as an example. I never see the juicy Home Depot offer last Summer but he had it on multiple cards. C'est la Vie.

Personally I will not make special efforts to get an AMEX offer but I understand there are many will. There is just no sure-fire way to make sure you will get a desirable offer.
Old Nov 7, 2016, 11:33 pm

Originally Posted by Troopers
Check offers on mobile app, twitter and website. Sometimes, you'll see different offers across the various platforms, and sometimes you don't. Sometimes, you'll see offers on one card but not another card. No one knows why.
Offers do not show up at the same time for everyone. Sometimes I see offers a day or more after blogs everywhere publish them already. There is no telling on how and when the offers would show up under which card.

All our personal cards see the BBY offer, yet none of a friend's card has it despite we both received the offer in July, just as an example. I never see the juicy Home Depot offer last Summer but he had it on multiple cards. C'est la Vie.

Personally I will not make special efforts to get an AMEX offer but I understand there are many will. There is just no sure-fire way to make sure you will get a desirable offer.
ok great. thanks both! this clarifies things
Old Nov 8, 2016, 6:22 am

Originally Posted by vm81
Seems like it is working for auto insurance.
Yes, I can confirm - I got $30 credited back for my Geico auto insurance payment today.

I then made a second $300 payment on my HHonors card and got the email straight away.
Old Nov 8, 2016, 6:24 am

Originally Posted by Olly-
Yes, I can confirm - I got $30 credited back for my Geico auto insurance payment today.

I then made a second $300 payment on my HHonors card and got the email straight away.
Are you able to prepay or is it against balance due?

I have been trying to figure out a way to prepay but its not letting me pay since my balance is 0.
Old Nov 8, 2016, 6:26 am

My auto insurance policy renews at the end of November so I have a balance due.
Old Nov 8, 2016, 8:31 am

Programs: Ink/Sapphire/Freedom/SPG
bj's offer works online?
I like few gc online but the terms say -in store only.
Old Nov 8, 2016, 9:01 pm

Programs: UA 1P MM, AS MVP G*, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Does anyone know, for Amex's that are other bank issued, (US Bank Flexperks Gold), do you get a confirmation email when you spend the required amount? I added the Exxon offer via twitter, got a confirmation of enrollment, spent today, but no email. Charge pending. Got me a bit worried. Thanks.
Old Nov 8, 2016, 10:53 pm

Originally Posted by HGHUA
Does anyone know, for Amex's that are other bank issued, (US Bank Flexperks Gold), do you get a confirmation email when you spend the required amount? I added the Exxon offer via twitter, got a confirmation of enrollment, spent today, but no email. Charge pending. Got me a bit worried. Thanks.
I get it on Ameriprise branded but many say that they don't always get a confirmation email but still get the perk.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.