Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 18, 2016, 11:19 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
This thread is a continuation of: Amex (USA) Sync Offers 2012 - 2015

Click HERE to be notified when this thread is updated.
Print Wikipost

Amex (USA) Sync Offers 2016-2019

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4, 2016, 10:55 am

Originally Posted by krazykanuck
Why not try it and let us know?

In all seriousness, expect they would because that's a very good offer and Amex is pretty good at tracking these purchases. I don't have it in my Amex offers anymore so I can't see the terms and conditions but I'd expect they'd be clawed back. As they should be.
Old Nov 4, 2016, 11:01 am

Interesting thing about Amex offers and returns that happened to me. If the amount purchased that triggers the credit is the same amount as the return, Amex will take the credit back. If there is a return and the amount does not match, Amex has not taken the credit back.
Old Nov 4, 2016, 11:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Definitely add to a DD or BK card as purchases at airports, malls, and a few other locations are specifically excluded.

Didn't see this one, which I enrolled, though unlikely I'll use it:

Get a 1X $70 statement credit by using your enrolled Card to spend $350+ on room rate & room charges, when you pay for your stay at Waldorf Astoria or Conrad from 10/31/16 to 3/31/17. Book direct with Waldorf Astoria or Conrad. Exclusions apply.
Old Nov 4, 2016, 4:59 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by DaveInLA
I only have the Panera offer too, but that's fine; I don't go to the other 3.
Does Panera sell gift cards in denominations as low as $10?
Were you just looking on mobile? Mobile doesn't show all the offers for some reason as I only saw Panera on my app. Logged in on my desktop and saw them all but not sure I can make use of the other 3.

I don't think gift cards will work though for Panera as it says physical gift cards excluded.
Old Nov 4, 2016, 5:28 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K
I had Panera, Dunkin, and Papa John's. Didn't see BK.
Old Nov 4, 2016, 6:00 pm

I've just had an offer for 10% back on insurance payments (max $30 credit) appear on my 3 Amex cards.

I made a $300 payment towards my Geico auto policy but I've not had the email confirmation from Amex so who knows if it'll trigger.
Old Nov 4, 2016, 6:57 pm

Originally Posted by Olly-
I've just had an offer for 10% back on insurance payments (max $30 credit) appear on my 3 Amex cards.

I made a $300 payment towards my Geico auto policy but I've not had the email confirmation from Amex so who knows if it'll trigger.
I would like to see if this works as well, though I have a feeling it might be just for home insurance
Old Nov 4, 2016, 7:01 pm

Me too, although it doesn't say that in the terms so I'll argue the point if it doesn't pay.
Old Nov 4, 2016, 7:18 pm

Programs: MM / UA 1K
Originally Posted by krazykanuck
Why not try it and let us know?

In all seriousness, expect they would because that's a very good offer and Amex is pretty good at tracking these purchases. I don't have it in my Amex offers anymore so I can't see the terms and conditions but I'd expect they'd be clawed back. As they should be.
Even though it makes no specific mention in the T&C, I suspect you're right.

Details
Get a 1X award of 20,000 additional Membership Rewards® points by using your enrolled Card to spend a total of $1,000+ with ANA, All Nippon Airways by 11/26/2016. Purchase must be made on ANA’s US website or by telephone. See terms for full exclusions.
Terms
Offer valid for airline tickets purchased directly from ANA, All Nippon Airways at fly-ana.com, via the ANA app, or by telephone. Valid only on purchases made at ANA’s US website or by telephone. Offer does not apply to hotel bookings, mobile phone rental service and duty free shopping. Offer not valid on purchases through a third party (including resellers and online marketplaces). Enrollment limited. Offer is non-transferable. Must add offer to Card and use same Card to redeem. Only U.S.-issued American Express® Cards that are enrolled in the Membership Rewards® program at the time of purchase are eligible. Your enrollment of an eligible American Express Card for this offer extends only to that Card. Your enrollment does not extend to any other Cards that may be linked to the same Membership Rewards program account (such as Additional Cards). Limit 1 enrolled Card per American Express Card online account and limit of 20,000 additional Membership Rewards points per Card. These additional points are in addition to any points you would normally receive for purchases on your Card under the terms of your Card Member Agreement and the Membership Rewards program. When we calculate the additional points benefit for Amex EveryDay® Card products, points awarded under this offer will not be included. Additional points will be credited to your Program account within 90 days after 11/26/2016, provided that American Express receives information from the merchant about your qualifying purchase. If American Express does not receive information that identifies your transaction as qualifying for the offer, you will not receive the additional points. For example, your transaction will not qualify if it is not made directly with the merchant. In addition, in most cases, you may not receive the additional points if your transaction is made with an electronic wallet or through a third party. Terms and conditions for the Membership Rewards program apply. Visit membershiprewards.com/terms or call 1-800-AXP EARN (297-3276) for more information. Participating partners and available rewards are subject to change without notice. The value of Membership Rewards points varies according to how you choose to use them. To learn more, go to www.membershiprewards.com/pointsinfo. By adding an offer to a Card, you agree that American Express may send you communications about the offer. Bonus ID: A9QN; POID: CCX5:0001
Old Nov 4, 2016, 7:24 pm

Originally Posted by Olly-
Me too, although it doesn't say that in the terms so I'll argue the point if it doesn't pay.
I just think it might be home insurance because of photo of home that it has next to it.
Old Nov 4, 2016, 7:28 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by vm81
I just think it might be home insurance because of photo of home that it has next to it.
How would they know? I don't have homeowners insurance, but IIRC my Geico renters and my parents Geico auto are billed the exact same way. So then wouldn't Geico homeowners be billed the same?
Old Nov 4, 2016, 7:40 pm

Originally Posted by United747
How would they know? I don't have homeowners insurance, but IIRC my Geico renters and my parents Geico auto are billed the exact same way. So then wouldn't Geico homeowners be billed the same?
I have no idea...i was just suspecting. Someone said that they used it for geico auto and it didn't trigger the email.
Old Nov 4, 2016, 9:26 pm

Any word on the small business saturdays, I miss the old spend $25 get $25 or $10 for multiple purchases.
Old Nov 4, 2016, 9:49 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by Mrdeals805
Any word on the small business saturdays....
I believe it has evolved into:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...31-2016-a.html
Old Nov 5, 2016, 12:16 am

Synced #AMEXHilton to one of my card and used it to pay for a prepaid reservation online at one of the hilton hotel. The charge went through but not congratulation email. Any DP on using #AMEXHilton on prepaid charge?

In the last few pages, jmsfla2002 said:

Does anyone have any experience with the Westin AmEx offers and advanced purchase rates? The T&Cs for the offer don't say that advanced purchase rates are excluded while the T&Cs for the Hilton offer clearly say that advanced purchase rates are not eligible. I don't have a stay at a Westin before the offer expires but do have one early next year, although the advance purchase rate is more than the rate I currently have booked, the advance purchase rate would be cheaper overall if it triggers the statement credit.
However, I have read through the terms and I did not see that advance purchase rate is not eligible as long as it is paid after the promotion starts and before the promotion ends.

Details
Get a 1X $50 statement credit by using your enrolled Card to spend $250+ on room rate and room charges, when you pay for your stay with Hilton Hotels & Resorts from 11/1/16 to 12/31/16. Book direct with Hilton Hotels & Resorts. See terms for exclusions.

Terms
Reservations must be made online at hilton.com, via the HHonors App or by calling 1-800-445-8667. Offer only valid at Hilton Hotels & Resorts in the US & US territories. Excludes Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts™, Conrad Hotels & Resorts™, Canopy by Hilton™, Curio - A Collection by Hilton™, DoubleTree by Hilton™, Embassy Suites™, Hilton Garden Inn®, Hampton by Hilton™, Tru by Hilton™, Homewood Suites by Hilton™, Home2 Suites by Hilton™ and Hilton Grand Vacations™. Offer only valid on room rate and room charges. Offer not valid for stays that are paid for before or after the promotion start and end dates. Excludes gift card purchases. Corporate Cards are not eligible for this offer. Enrollment limited. Must add offer to Card and use same Card to redeem. Limit 1 statement credit(s) per American Express® Card across all American Express offer channels. Statement credit will appear on your billing statement within 90 days after 12/31/2016, provided that American Express receives information from the merchant about your qualifying purchase. Statement credit may be reversed if qualifying purchase is cancelled. If American Express does not receive information that identifies your transaction as qualifying for the offer, you will not receive the statement credit. For example, your transaction will not qualify if it is not made directly with the merchant. In addition, in most cases, you may not receive the statement credit if your transaction is made with an electronic wallet or through a third party or if the merchant uses a mobile or wireless card reader to process it. By adding an offer to a Card, you agree that American Express may send you communications about the offer.

Last edited by godsquare; Nov 5, 2016 at 12:22 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.