Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 18, 2016, 11:19 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
This thread is a continuation of: Amex (USA) Sync Offers 2012 - 2015

Click HERE to be notified when this thread is updated.
Print Wikipost

Amex (USA) Sync Offers 2016-2019

Search this Thread

Old May 18, 2019, 5:42 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Has anyone been successful in triggering the 10% up to $15 cell phone offer using a Google Fi payment? I was unsuccessful, but I wonder if paying in advance (pay.google.com > Subscriptions & services > Manage > Pay early) had anything to do with it and if a regular monthly payment would have triggered the payment.

I paid mom's Verizon bill (combined phone/mobile/Internet) and got the full credit that way but asking for future reference...
Old May 19, 2019, 1:37 pm

Is there anyone here not receiving the points after completing an amex offer recently?. Since may 11 or so, none of MR offer points post. Usually they are faster than the statement credit offers. It happened to Lowe’s, staples, Microsoft store. Wondering if there is another glitch or something else.
Old May 20, 2019, 7:49 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat Elite, Formerly SPG Plat 100), HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by NBG007
Is there anyone here not receiving the points after completing an amex offer recently?. Since may 11 or so, none of MR offer points post. Usually they are faster than the statement credit offers. It happened to Lowe’s, staples, Microsoft store. Wondering if there is another glitch or something else.
Yes. My “Spend $200 or more, get $40 back” on Marriott Bonvoy Room rate and room charges hasn’t posted yet. I spent over $300 on the Westin Seattle on 5/14. Westin isn’t an excluded brand in the T & C.

I did a live chat with AmEx and was told that I need to wait 90 days for the credit, and to contact them again if it hasn’t posted in that timeframe. What a nuisance!
I didn’t even get the automated AmEx email thanking me for using an offer and saying that the credit would post if the T&C are met.
This is on my former individual SPG AmEx card.
Jane
Old May 21, 2019, 7:29 am

Originally Posted by JaneStarr
Yes. My “Spend $200 or more, get $40 back” on Marriott Bonvoy Room rate and room charges hasn’t posted yet. I spent over $300 on the Westin Seattle on 5/14. Westin isn’t an excluded brand in the T & C.
My question was more towards the Points offers and not the $ credit offers. For example spend X amount in Store ABC and get 2000 MR points. I haven't seen any issue with $ credit offers.
Old May 21, 2019, 3:10 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, HA Plat
Yes, same experience. Two points offers triggered ~10 days ago, got the confirming emails, but no points yet.
Old May 21, 2019, 5:43 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Is there anyone here not receiving the points after completing an amex offer recently?.....
$100 Staples.com transaction posted on 5.19.2019, 2500 points posted on 5.21.2019. No emails.
Old May 21, 2019, 8:15 pm

Originally Posted by WrightHI
Yes, same experience. Two points offers triggered ~10 days ago, got the confirming emails, but no points yet.
Originally Posted by mia
$100 Staples.com transaction posted on 5.19.2019, 2500 points posted on 5.21.2019. No emails.
Interestingly for purchases on/after 5/16 are getting points posted today. So anything between 5/12-5/15 are in limbo.

Edit 5/22: Points are starting to post now.

Last edited by NBG007; May 22, 2019 at 4:53 am
Old May 22, 2019, 4:25 am

Originally Posted by Kacee
Rimowa offer showed up on my personal Plat this morning ^

It was all the way at the bottom of the list.
Anyone with both Rimowa offers (points + statement credit) on a single card? Is that possible?
Old May 22, 2019, 7:27 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Got the CX $300 credit on my SPG and Aspire cards. I will definitely use this.
Originally Posted by andreraw
Anyone with both Rimowa offers (points + statement credit) on a single card? Is that possible?
Seriously?
Old May 24, 2019, 7:47 am

Originally Posted by J_Dub
Thank you!
Just wanted to report back that I was able to call the Waldorf and have them charge me $500 in advance towards my existing reservation and I received the "Great news! You just used your Amex Offer" email. The Waldorf did have to email me a CC authorization form to do this, but it probably took about 20 minutes total between the phone and filling out the form.
Old May 27, 2019, 11:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mia
Since AMEX enforced the one offer across all cards for the cardmember rule, I try to add offer to different kind of cards when possible, but this time the offer only shows up in one account, with each card of the account.

The Staples offer $25 only shows up on an Everyday account, in both the Primary card and the AU card offerings.

Can both cards get the credit or AMEX only allows 1, due to both cards belong to he same account, and would claw back the 2nd credit, even though each is under different card member's name?
Old May 27, 2019, 4:23 pm

Originally Posted by Happy
Since AMEX enforced the one offer across all cards for the cardmember rule, I try to add offer to different kind of cards when possible, but this time the offer only shows up in one account, with each card of the account.

The Staples offer $25 only shows up on an Everyday account, in both the Primary card and the AU card offerings.

Can both cards get the credit or AMEX only allows 1, due to both cards belong to he same account, and would claw back the 2nd credit, even though each is under different card member's name?
They had a similar offer in August. I had it on my primary and two of the AU cards on the same account. All cards got the credit. This time looks like I am missing out as none of the cards have this offer.
Old May 30, 2019, 9:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

After calling around area Marriott family properties, a Renaissance not too far from home said it sells Marriott gift card.

I assume that would trigger the $40 statement credit with a $200 gift card purchase, like being reported at other participating brands? 4 days to expiry so hopefully it would still work if done today.
Old May 30, 2019, 10:01 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by Happy
After calling around area Marriott family properties, a Renaissance not too far from home said it sells Marriott gift card.

I assume that would trigger the $40 statement credit with a $200 gift card purchase, like being reported at other participating brands? 4 days to expiry so hopefully it would still work if done today.
Pretty sure it would -- I've done this twice at a Residence Inn (one might have been RI-specific but the other was definitely just generic Marriott $x off $y), and it posted as "RESIDENCE INN [location]" and qualified for the credit.
Old May 31, 2019, 5:51 am

have a spend $500 on one or more transaction and get 10,000 MR points offer this morning for Stubhub (personal plat). Through 7/31. perfect for football tickets.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.