Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 18, 2016, 11:19 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
This thread is a continuation of: Amex (USA) Sync Offers 2012 - 2015

Click HERE to be notified when this thread is updated.
Print Wikipost

Amex (USA) Sync Offers 2016-2019

Search this Thread

Old Nov 27, 2017, 4:53 pm

I took advantage of the Amex Cheesecake Factory Offer of spend $50 get 1,000 bonus MR, and also received 4 free slices of cheesecake (courtesy of the Cheesecake Factory offer of 2 free slices for each $25 gift card, today is last day of offer).
Old Nov 27, 2017, 5:23 pm

Programs: Delta SkyMiles, IHG (Platinum Elite), Amtrak Guest Rewards, Marriott Bonvoy, Hilton Honors
Originally Posted by Troopers
I took advantage of the Amex Cheesecake Factory Offer of spend $50 get 1,000 bonus MR, and also received 4 free slices of cheesecake (courtesy of the Cheesecake Factory offer of 2 free slices for each $25 gift card, today is last day of offer).
There is a cheesecake factory offer, and it is not on my card?? This is a TRAVESTY.
Old Nov 27, 2017, 5:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Hilton offer

I have the $10 rebate on a $50 gift card (4x max). Tempting even with the dratted $1.95 "shipping" charge each. Are these good anywhere in the Hilton system, or only at Hilton branded properties?

​​
Old Nov 27, 2017, 6:05 pm

Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
I have the $10 rebate on a $50 gift card (4x max). Tempting even with the dratted $1.95 "shipping" charge each. Are these good anywhere in the Hilton system, or only at Hilton branded properties?
​​
These cards are actually Prepaid AmEx's (similar to the birds). They'll work in any Hilton affiliated business worldwide!
They are issued and serviced by AmEx prepaid division. So if you ever need CS on these accounts, you might reasonably expect similar experience as with the bird CS. Also, you can't sync AmEx Offers with the Hilton cards.
Old Nov 27, 2017, 6:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by MaxVO
Also, you can't sync AmEx Offers with the Hilton cards.
Apologies, but I don't understand that sentence nor reference to "birds".
Old Nov 27, 2017, 6:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
I hope your card also has an Amex offer for a gym membership
Old Nov 27, 2017, 7:17 pm

Apologies, but I don't understand that sentence nor reference to "birds".
AmEx started their prepaid business with the card named "Blue Bird". There was also a "Red Bird" and "Serve" after that. AmEx Offers (the subject of this thread) are applicable to those prepaid products.
Old Nov 27, 2017, 7:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks for bearing with me as I'm kind of new to this. I think I get the idea now.
Old Nov 28, 2017, 3:48 am

​​
I also have this offer. Can I place a single order for 4 $50 cards, paying the shipping charge only once, and get the $10 rebate 4 times?
Old Nov 28, 2017, 8:15 am

Originally Posted by HanBkk
I also have this offer. Can I place a single order for 4 $50 cards, paying the shipping charge only once, and get the $10 rebate 4 times?
The fine print said receive $10 per transaction of $50 or more. So I did 4 separate transactions (I know less savings due to shipping). The 4ths $50 purchase resulted in a verification call from Amex, they put the transaction through after verifying. A few days later a $40 credit posted. I say follow the rules, but if you're willing to risk the $30 worth of credits for $5.85 in savings (S&H x3) I'm sure others would appreciate you trying it out for them.
Old Nov 28, 2017, 10:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I take it you bought them all back-to-back? If so, I can see why it triggered their fraud monitor. I was planning on staggering them.
Old Nov 28, 2017, 12:26 pm

It looks like the free slice offer was extended to the end of the year. Did you go in-store to purchase?
Old Nov 28, 2017, 2:51 pm

Originally Posted by rccsd
It looks like the free slice offer was extended to the end of the year. Did you go in-store to purchase?
The offer was reduced to a single slice (it was two slices) for every $25 gift card. Yep, went in-store to purchase.
Old Nov 29, 2017, 11:06 am

if i already have a reservation at a vegas hotel thats paid for, can i charge dinners to my room and then pay with my amex at checkout to trigger the offer?
Old Nov 29, 2017, 1:37 pm

Originally Posted by evor1
if i already have a reservation at a vegas hotel thats paid for, can i charge dinners to my room and then pay with my amex at checkout to trigger the offer?
Yes. Or if you paid with a different card (without an offer), you can almost definitely get them to refund that and charge a different card when you get there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.