Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 24, 2019, 7:51 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
Policy Changes effective March 22, 2019

NOTE: FOR PLATINUM CARD MEMBERS ONLY

The Centurion Lounge is a day of departure lounge. We will not admit arriving Platinum Card Members with boarding passes for flights that have just landed. We will admit Platinum Card Members with layovers or connecting flights who produce proof of connecting flight.

We will not admit Platinum Card Members more than 3 hours before the departure time on the Platinum Card Member’s same-day, confirmed boarding pass. This does not apply to Platinum Card Members with a connecting flight.

We will admit children under 2 years of age free of charge, provided an accompanying parent or guardian is able to produce a “lap infant” boarding pass or proof of age
Source: https://thecenturionlounge.com/info/access/
Print Wikipost

Centurion Lounge crowding (2015-2019)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2016, 8:05 pm

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
MIA was a disaster tonight. AC was very quiet and very tolerable. YMMV.
Old Jan 18, 2016, 8:56 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
Originally Posted by Crazyhotelguy
I've never been to the MIA lounge. Do you (or anyone else here) know how the space there compares to DFW or SFO?
Old Jan 19, 2016, 6:58 am

MIA is smaller than DFW/SEA/LAS

I haven't been to SFO yet

Originally Posted by dhuey
I've never been to the MIA lounge. Do you (or anyone else here) know how the space there compares to DFW or SFO?
Old Jan 19, 2016, 11:02 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Crazyhotelguy
Unless you're hungry that is
Old Jan 19, 2016, 11:31 am

Programs: Hyatt Glb, MR Plat
They were assigning tables this past Sat afternoon, walking you to specific tables as that lounge was pretty much maxed out. Kids everywhere and rolling around on the ground lol
Old Jan 19, 2016, 12:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Amex Centurion
Originally Posted by frudd38
They were assigning tables this past Sat afternoon, walking you to specific tables as that lounge was pretty much maxed out. Kids everywhere and rolling around on the ground lol
At which lounge?
Old Jan 19, 2016, 5:53 pm

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
Originally Posted by CMK10
Eating was pretty much impossible at the CL. Even if you could get to the food, manage to build a plate, there was nowhere to enjoy it.

I had a pain at the AC.
Old Jan 19, 2016, 11:29 pm

MIA has been painful my last three visits. In one of them there was a line of people waiting to get in the moment I stepped out of the elevator.

I wish AMEX had a way of keeping track of cardmembers that see the crowded mess and immediately walks away before even trying to check in.
Old Jan 20, 2016, 1:09 am

Programs: BA Gold, VS Gold, UA Silver, Marriott LTP, Hilton Diamond
Centurion Lounge crowding

Is MIA bad all day long ? I don't get a good read of when people are visiting - what's it like early afternoon for example - thanks !
Old Jan 20, 2016, 10:44 am

Programs: Hyatt Glb, MR Plat
Originally Posted by TravelStar
At which lounge?
sorry, MIA
Old Jan 20, 2016, 11:42 am

Originally Posted by Viajero Millero
MIA has been painful my last three visits. In one of them there was a line of people waiting to get in the moment I stepped out of the elevator.

I wish AMEX had a way of keeping track of cardmembers that see the crowded mess and immediately walks away before even trying to check in.
The really should have a separate desk check in for Centurions.
Old Jan 20, 2016, 5:26 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Viajero Millero

There is: Twitter, phone, email, Amex.com, etc.

To whatever extent there's a problem, it won't be corrected if people post here instead of taking a minute to tweet or email Amex.
Old Jan 21, 2016, 7:19 am

I use to feel that way, but then I became conditioned to the fact that lounges are not really a source of food. Once you break that down, you have a much better experience.

Like who cares if I eat a chicken breast and some greens? Cool, but we all know if we want to eat we should just head to the food court. It's not like I am trying to get my value out of the platinum card in free airport chicken breasts.

Originally Posted by CMK10
Old Jan 21, 2016, 8:26 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by factory81
I use to feel that way, but then I became conditioned to the fact that lounges are not really a source of food.
I agree with this for all US lounges except Centurion Lounges. I can get real meals there with the possible exception of SEA. It's not just about getting the "value" out of my Platinum card but it's about convenience and avoiding paying inflated airport prices, especially as I like to enjoy a cocktail with my meal.
Old Jan 21, 2016, 8:34 am

Programs: Amex Centurion, United Global Services
I was one of the people that was complaining about my local SFO lounge. I was in there yesterday (Wednesday) at 10:30am and it was one of those eye-of-the-storm times as the place was empty, maybe a dozen people tops.

Had breakfast and around 11am or so they brought out lunch so I did that too, with a few stiff drinks. When the place is empty you can't beat it.

It's a really beautiful space, I'm sure they leased as much as they could but it's not huge and fills easily but I still appreciate it and since I've spent the last year focusing on United and almost all international, I like that you can get through international security and scoot right over to the Amex lounge which is nearly as close as the international lounges.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.