Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 24, 2019, 7:51 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
Policy Changes effective March 22, 2019

NOTE: FOR PLATINUM CARD MEMBERS ONLY

The Centurion Lounge is a day of departure lounge. We will not admit arriving Platinum Card Members with boarding passes for flights that have just landed. We will admit Platinum Card Members with layovers or connecting flights who produce proof of connecting flight.

We will not admit Platinum Card Members more than 3 hours before the departure time on the Platinum Card Member’s same-day, confirmed boarding pass. This does not apply to Platinum Card Members with a connecting flight.

We will admit children under 2 years of age free of charge, provided an accompanying parent or guardian is able to produce a “lap infant” boarding pass or proof of age
Source: https://thecenturionlounge.com/info/access/
Print Wikipost

Centurion Lounge crowding (2015-2019)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 8, 2019, 10:57 pm

Programs: Starbucks Gold :-)
Centurion Lounge > 3 hours before flight

Hi guys

I have a connection in SFO and want to use the Cent lounge for the 1hr before the Polaris lounge opens. Technically speaking I'd be entering Cent at 5:30am, and my flight isn;'t until 9:45am. From real-world experience, does the 3hr rule still apply for connecting flights? Do I just need to show my previous BP..? Also, what if my guest has a flight that is later - which rules apply to them?

Thanks?
Old Dec 8, 2019, 11:38 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond *A Gold / Delta Gold
For connecting flight, it should not apply. For the guest, not sure.
Old Dec 8, 2019, 11:44 pm

The guest is connecting with me, but has a 10hr layover (Obviously they aren't staying; but they were going to accompany me for breakfast)
Old Dec 9, 2019, 7:48 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by MDTyKe
..... Do I just need to show my previous BP..?
I think you need two boarding passes, one for the inbound flight and one for the outbound:

We will admit Platinum Card Members with layovers or connecting flights who produce proof of connecting flight.
Old Dec 9, 2019, 8:28 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Hi guys

I have a connection in SFO and want to use the Cent lounge for the 1hr before the Polaris lounge opens. Technically speaking I'd be entering Cent at 5:30am, and my flight isn;'t until 9:45am. From real-world experience, does the 3hr rule still apply for connecting flights? Do I just need to show my previous BP..? Also, what if my guest has a flight that is later - which rules apply to them?

Thanks?
If you arrive at the lounge More than three hours in advance, they will ask you if you had another flight in which you were connecting from. If the answer is yes, they ask to see that boarding pass as well along with the boarding pass for the flight you’re about to board later in the day
mia likes this.
Old Dec 9, 2019, 4:11 pm

Thanks. And the guest..? Or does that just depend on my ticket?
Old Dec 9, 2019, 6:49 pm

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
Thanks. And the guest..? Or does that just depend on my ticket?
No Centurion Lounge I've ever been to has checked my guests' documents.
MDTyKe, cmd320 and safari ari like this.
Old Dec 9, 2019, 6:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by gengar
No Centurion Lounge I've ever been to has checked my guests' documents.
Same, guests are guests. No credentials should be necessary.
MDTyKe likes this.
Old Dec 9, 2019, 10:03 pm

Programs: Delta
The credit card perk is nearly useless now as I can never get into the lounge for a quick bite before my flight in Seattle. They also make you revalidate all your credentials AFTER they get your phone number and text you. I think this is overkill. Planning to cancel the card next year, they took too much away for the $500+ a year.
Old Dec 10, 2019, 5:55 pm

Programs: $9 Fare Club
A 'quick bite', the smallest lounge in the Centurion system and the 8th busiest airport in the US go together like toothpaste and orange juice. I sympathize, but expecting a quick dip in and out of an oversubscribed lounge is a stretch given public knowledge of how busy it it. Fwiw Amex need to at a minimum limit the free guesting to 1 person and figure out a more equitable solution for admitting families that is fair to solo travelers. If you have to pay extras for > 1 guest then so be it.
Old Dec 10, 2019, 6:02 pm

Originally Posted by ChurnieEls
A 'quick bite', the smallest lounge in the Centurion system and the 8th busiest airport in the US go together like toothpaste and orange juice. I sympathize, but expecting a quick dip in and out of an oversubscribed lounge is a stretch given public knowledge of how busy it it. Fwiw Amex need to at a minimum limit the free guesting to 1 person and figure out a more equitable solution for admitting families that is fair to solo travelers. If you have to pay extras for > 1 guest then so be it.
My last three to four attempts to access the lounge have all been the same. Perhaps build a bigger lounge (novel idea)? Limit the amount of time people can hang out? Something to get some use out of these perks other than being disappointed and wondering if you need to get a meal at the McDonalds instead of the lounge. If there isn't any consistency, then the value of the membership diminishes exponentially.
Old Dec 10, 2019, 11:09 pm

Originally Posted by Hikmer01
The credit card perk is nearly useless now as I can never get into the lounge for a quick bite before my flight in Seattle. They also make you revalidate all your credentials AFTER they get your phone number and text you. I think this is overkill. Planning to cancel the card next year, they took too much away for the $500+ a year.
Had to wait ~20 mins a couple of times @ SEA this year. Went to McDonalds because the food is better then hit the bar in the lounge because the bloody Mary's are free

Food in the lounge is definitely not up to much but I hate to be around the big crowds that lurk at the gates or in restaurants. Even a crowded lounge feels better
Old Dec 10, 2019, 11:34 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, American Gold, JetBlue Mosaic 4, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond,
I realize this may not be possible depending on where you fly, but I would fly Delta more and stop by the SkyClub for clam chowder and other good food options if I were SEA based
IndyHoosier likes this.
Old Dec 10, 2019, 11:43 pm

Location: SEA, or BOS, or MUC, or other places (probably connecting). "Detroit, Michigan is in the Eastern time zone."
Programs: DL PM/1MM, AS 100K, NEXUS/GE, CLEAR, Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Hikmer01
My last three to four attempts to access the lounge have all been the same. Perhaps build a bigger lounge (novel idea)? Limit the amount of time people can hang out?
They've already done both of these. Amex expanded the SEA "studio" into a "lounge" in 2017 (into the area where the bar and additional restrooms are, I'm pretty sure), but there was only so much they could do given the space available in that part of the airport. They've since added the 3 hour rule to limit the length of time people are in the lounge.

It's still crowded despite both of these changes (or perhaps in part because of the changes). With the Port of Seattle busy expanding the North Satellite and building the new International Arrivals Facility, I wouldn't expect Concourse B to get any attention for a while. My "workaround" is to fly Delta and use the nice new Sky Club around the corner.
Old Dec 15, 2019, 3:44 pm

I understand there might be ways around the crowding but the point is that the card is losing its value. If I cannot use the rewards and entitlements when I need them, then the idea of having the Platinum card diminishes. I'm thinking this will be cancelled or downgraded sometime early next year.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.