Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 16, 2015, 2:56 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
This thread is a continuation of a discussion which started HERE
Current (2020) thread is HERE

FHR properties in other cities are discussed HERE

FHR is the American Express Fine Hotels and Resorts benefit program available with Centurion and Platinum charge cards.

Receive these complimentary benefits with each FINE HOTELS & RESORTS booking:
  • Noon check-In, when available
    • Room Upgrade upon arrival, when available*
      • Daily breakfast for two people
        • Guaranteed 4pm late checkout. Additional special benefit unique to each property, such as a $100 food and beverage credit or a massage for two people**

USA cardholder may book online at: americanexpress.com/fhr or call Platinum Travel Service at 1-800-525-3355. Cardholders from other countries can use the same website to see participating properties, but cannot view prices or book. In some countries FHR properties can be booked through the general American Express Travel site.

ARIA Sky Suites
Upgrades: typically to a better view
Breakfast: room service, buffet or cafe, $30 per person, per day
$100 Spa: covers spa treatments (no longer includes salon)
$5.60 resort wifi fee taken off per day

Bellagio
Upgrades: one level typical; sometimes Junior Suite (really just a corner room with a little more space)
Breakfast: 2 X $30 credits per day; Cafe Bellagio, The Buffet, Palio, Cafe Gelato or Pool Cafe
$100 Property Credit - Dining: The Buffet, Cafe Bellagio, FIX, Harvest, LAGO, Lily Bar, Jasmine, Michael Mina or Petossian Bar. Spa or Salon services - no merchandise.

Four Seasons
Upgrades: typically one level
Breakfast: room service or Verandah - $60 a day
$100 Spa: Expensive services doesn't get you far.

Mandarin Oriental
Upgrades: occasional
Breakfast: room service or MOzen, enough to cover std breakfast ($30 per person) but they will charge for excess
$100 Spa: can be used treatments but also just about covers two day passes to the very cool spa
Wifi: $5.00 plus tax of the resort fee is refunded

Palazzo
Upgrades: Strip View
Breakfast: $65 total/day at Grand Lux Cafe (any time) or Room Service
$100 Spa: Not valid for express service, specials, or spa passes (changing to $100 Property credit for all booking starting 2020)

Skylofts at MGM Grand
Upgrades: rare
Breakfast: in room or at The Mansion; no apparent cap
$100 Spa:

Wynn - April 2016
Upgrades: Usually to higher floor if you book resort room and to the next room category in the tower if available if you booked a Tower Suite.
Breakfast: $60 ($30 per person) at any restaurant that serves breakfast including the buffet. Also covers in-room breakfast.
Note:Resort fees are no longer waived for Tower Suites customersWynn
The Buffet - 8-11
Tableau - 7-11:30
Terrace Point Cafe - 6-11
In Room - 5-11

Encore
Lobby Bar and Cafe - 6-11
Jardin - 7-11:30
In Room - 5-11
$100 Spa: Can be used at Wynn or Encore Spa, or either resort's Salon.
$18.99/device/day internet charge removed from bill
If selecting the basic internet charge (May 2017), $5/day is deducted from the resort fee.

Delano - Aug 2019
FHR amenity is $100 spa credit, excludes salon services (e.g. haircut), merchandise, and products.
Spa adds a 20% service fee on all services.
Daily $60 ($30 x 2 people) credits only for Della's (open 6am-2pm)
Room service specifically excluded.
Resort Fee: $41.95 plus tax, minus a $5 wifi credit (about $40 total)

Print Wikipost

FHR Experience Las Vegas Hotels only (2015 - 2019)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23, 2018, 11:18 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by scubadu
Since the cancellation terms and conditions were actually set by the hotel, what exactly would be the hotel's motivation for not enforcing them?

Regards
Well first off, calling them will give clarity to what the cancellation rules actually are. And second, if the policy is indeed breached, it never hurts to ask if they will still refund.

I’ve gotten plenty of hotels to cancel for free when they didn’t have to. I just straight up ask.
Old Sep 25, 2018, 11:45 am
ABG

Programs: Virtuoso TA, Four Seasons Pref Partner, Rosewood Elite TA, Ritz Carlton STARS TA
Originally Posted by Low Roller
I'd just wait a few days to see if the refund shows up before getting too upset.
too late it would seem... poster is already threatening Amex
Old Sep 27, 2018, 12:59 pm

First time in Vegas

Hotel – Delano 1 night
Early Check-in – Check-in around 2:00pm
Late Check-out – Yes, 4:00pm
Upgrade - No, got a room on the 9th floor right next to the elevator. Not happy at all since it was an accessible room, asked for a different one apparently there was a conference and they were all booked and offered a suite upgrade at the Mandalay for about $200 more which I declined.
Breakfast Credit - 2x$30 per person @ Della's Kitchen.
FHR Benefit - $100 food & bev, used at Mandalay food court & bars.

Hotel – Cosmo 1 night
Early Check-in – Check-in around 2:00pm
Upgrade – Yes, to the boulevard tower 52nd floor (not facing Bellagio) large suite with tub.
Breakfast Credit – for 2 @ wicked spoon buffet. They have a vip line that you can use with fhr but was not necessary.
FHR Benefit - $100 spa, did not use.

Also stayed @ Palazzo but using IHG benefits not FHR.
Old Sep 28, 2018, 1:42 pm

Recently stayed at the Cosmo: Was able to check in early at 1:00PM - Booked lowest rate room and was automatically given an upgrade to a studio suite with fountain view. Great room except it was an accessible room which did not bother me at all.. Great booking on Thurs-Sat because the wicked spoons breakfast vouchers translate to BRUNCH for fri-sun. Used the spa credit but did not like their facilities. Overall, it was a good stay however I much prefer Wynn/Encore.
Old Sep 28, 2018, 4:44 pm

Encore - Vegas

1-night stay
Noon check-in - Did not use
Room upgrade upon arrival - Upgraded to Tower suite from basic room category
Daily breakfast for two people: $40 per person, per day max $80, - used at Jardins. ($40/each didn't go very far)
In-room Wi-Fi ($5 resort fee credit)
Guaranteed 4:00pm late check-out - used
Additional special amenity: $100 Spa services credit to be used during your stay - used
Overall a very good stay. Have stayed here before and never been disapointed
Old Sep 28, 2018, 6:33 pm

Programs: AA EXP/*wood Plat/Hilton Gold/Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by Low Roller
As stated above, most Vegas hotels charge a one-night deposit when you book but refund it as long as you cancel before the deadline. I'd just wait a few days to see if the refund shows up before getting too upset.
Yup, pretty standard with Vegas strip hotels - FHR or not. The deposit will be refunded in a couple of days. Nothing for one to go all alarmist about. I’m hearing crickets at this point.
Old Oct 2, 2018, 10:28 am

Programs: WN CP; AMEX MR, US, DL
Hotel – Waldorf Astoria 1 night
Early Check-in – Check-in around 3:20 pm (room not available upon arrival at around 2 pm)
Upgrade - Yes, Strip view (though that was more of a view of the Shops at Crystals).
Breakfast Credit - 2x $31 per person @ Zen Kitchen. (amount shown on checkout folio)
FHR Benefit - $125 Spa Credit. Used for a $90 manicure. Considered 2x day passes, but nearly all facilities are sex-segregated and spouse and I were actually in Las Vegas to spend some time together.
****HILTON HONORS (GOLD) F&B Credit - $50 -- This was a real surprise, but they stacked this additional $50 benefit based on Amex Platinum provided Hilton Gold Status.
Overall Impression: This is a peaceful refuge in Las Vegas and a first class property, showing only minor wear and tear from being 9 years old (this December). Walking access to the shops at crystals and Aria was easy. I'm not sure that I like Aria all that much, so my recommendation is to use the Waldorf Astoria as a home base but explore elsewhere.
Old Oct 2, 2018, 12:49 pm

Programs: AA Million Miler, Mosaic, Delta Platinum
Originally Posted by kaisersrsic
Hotel – Waldorf Astoria 1 night
Early Check-in – Check-in around 3:20 pm (room not available upon arrival at around 2 pm)
Upgrade - Yes, Strip view (though that was more of a view of the Shops at Crystals).
Breakfast Credit - 2x $31 per person @ Zen Kitchen. (amount shown on checkout folio)
FHR Benefit - $125 Spa Credit. Used for a $90 manicure. Considered 2x day passes, but nearly all facilities are sex-segregated and spouse and I were actually in Las Vegas to spend some time together.
****HILTON HONORS (GOLD) F&B Credit - $50 -- This was a real surprise, but they stacked this additional $50 benefit based on Amex Platinum provided Hilton Gold Status.
Overall Impression: This is a peaceful refuge in Las Vegas and a first class property, showing only minor wear and tear from being 9 years old (this December). Walking access to the shops at crystals and Aria was easy. I'm not sure that I like Aria all that much, so my recommendation is to use the Waldorf Astoria as a home base but explore elsewhere.
Was that your first time staying there? Or did you stay when it was a Mandarin? Curious about any changes to the property.
Old Oct 7, 2018, 6:41 pm

Programs: AA PLT Pro, EY Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Waldorf Astoria

Early Check-in – Not needed, Arrived at 6pm

Upgrade - No, front desk said there was none available.

Breakfast Credit - $60 at Zen Kitchen or room service.

FHR Benefit - $125 Spa Credit.

Pros: Friendly staff, great location, spa was incredible & rooms were in good condition but looking forward to a refresh towards the WA decor. Views are amazing and the restaurant was fantastic.

Cons: Had 2 rooms. First room was not cleaned by 4pm on the 2nd day (2 night stay). Called down to housekeeping and requested the room to be cleaned after 5. Came back to the room around 1030 and still not cleaned. Called housekeeping again and they said they would send someone at the next shift (11pm). Second room did not get turn down service night one. No housekeeping on 2nd day as well. Stopped at front desk on way out (5pm) to request the room to be cleaned. At 1030pm it had not been cleaned. Called housekeeping and requested fresh towels and for them to tidy up the room but could skip a full clean. Came back later to fresh towels and toiletries on the bench in front of the bed with the pile of dirty towels still in the bathroom and otherwise untouched.
Old Oct 8, 2018, 1:44 pm

Programs: WN CP; AMEX MR, US, DL
Originally Posted by Yahtzee
Was that your first time staying there? Or did you stay when it was a Mandarin? Curious about any changes to the property.
It was my first time staying at the property, so I cannot comment on changes.
Old Oct 8, 2018, 2:07 pm
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Did the Waldorf spa credit value drop for 2019? I am looking at rooms for February and the site is showing $100 Spa credit. The same for the Cosmopolitan.

ETA: Looks like now all hotels in Las Vegas now only give $100 Spa Credit as the benefit starting in 2019. No more F&B credit... Disappointing if true - I am hoping this is just a kink as they load the 2019 benefits.
Old Oct 8, 2018, 3:31 pm

Originally Posted by golfingboy
Did the Waldorf spa credit value drop for 2019? I am looking at rooms for February and the site is showing $100 Spa credit. The same for the Cosmopolitan.

ETA: Looks like now all hotels in Las Vegas now only give $100 Spa Credit as the benefit starting in 2019. No more F&B credit... Disappointing if true - I am hoping this is just a kink as they load the 2019 benefits.
You can chat with Amex travel reps, they told me all FHR properties & benefits for 2019 will be updated by late October.
Old Oct 8, 2018, 9:47 pm

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
Originally Posted by linum_23
You can chat with Amex travel reps, they told me all FHR properties & benefits for 2019 will be updated by late October.
I'm quite doubtful of their claimed schedule given how long it's taken them to renew contracts in past years. I'll happily be pleasantly surprised, though!
Old Oct 9, 2018, 9:40 am

Programs: AA Million Miler, Mosaic, Delta Platinum
Originally Posted by Chgo2AD

Early Check-in – Not needed, Arrived at 6pm

Upgrade - No, front desk said there was none available.

Breakfast Credit - $60 at Zen Kitchen or room service.

FHR Benefit - $125 Spa Credit.

Pros: Friendly staff, great location, spa was incredible & rooms were in good condition but looking forward to a refresh towards the WA decor. Views are amazing and the restaurant was fantastic.

Cons: Had 2 rooms. First room was not cleaned by 4pm on the 2nd day (2 night stay). Called down to housekeeping and requested the room to be cleaned after 5. Came back to the room around 1030 and still not cleaned. Called housekeeping again and they said they would send someone at the next shift (11pm). Second room did not get turn down service night one. No housekeeping on 2nd day as well. Stopped at front desk on way out (5pm) to request the room to be cleaned. At 1030pm it had not been cleaned. Called housekeeping and requested fresh towels and for them to tidy up the room but could skip a full clean. Came back later to fresh towels and toiletries on the bench in front of the bed with the pile of dirty towels still in the bathroom and otherwise untouched.
Those cons are really unacceptable.
Old Oct 9, 2018, 11:23 am

Bellagio Las Vegas

first time staying at Bellagio
Early check-in: arrived early to hotel at 12:00pm. Room was available
Upgrade: booked King Fountain View-was offered upgrade to a slightly larger corner room-we declined bc we would no longer have the fountain view.
Breakfast: Daily $30 each to spend at restaurants as indicated. (they maxed total at $180 (3 nights) We went to The Buffet on the arrival day for lunch-they counted that as one of the daily "breakfast credits." The final day there we ate the breakfast buffet and were charged the full amount bc the $180 was already exhausted.
Amenity: $100 food & beverage credit. They actually credited us $117-as opposed to the $100. Very nice of them
WIFI-was given a $5 + tax credit each day for WIFI amenity
Late check-out: offered, but we declined-left for flight by 8:00am

Upon entering hotel lobby-it was unclear where FHR guests were to check in-there was a small reception area for M LIFE client and "invited guest" and then the regular, long registration wait. I asked one of the front desk staff who directed me to use the "invited guest" area off to the left. I felt that could have been a little clearer. Check in was a breeze. We declined the upgrade and were put into a excellent location. Loved it.
There were so many choices as to where the food & beverage credits could be used-was impressed. Attaching info letter we received upon check in.

Final billing info was available on the TV, but it did not indicate any FHR credits which required a trip to the front desk to check out anyway. Front desk clerk had no idea what I was asking and there was no FHR front desk staff at that time in the morning-manager had to be called. He explained that they don't show the FHR credits on the bill because it confuses guests? Not sure about that, but I would have preferred to have that all available to view on the TV bill. Manager was very knowledgeable and answered all my questions and made sure all credit was applied. Checking out via front desks and having to double check bill/credits is not a deal breaker, but it would have been more convenient to have that info available on the final bill that we could view.

Overall, we had an excellent three nights at the Bellagio and were very happy we went through the FHR program. Received the full $180 for three nights breakfast benefit, plus $117 for the food/bev credit. And $5 plus tax credit each day for the WIFI.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.