Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 16, 2015, 2:56 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
This thread is a continuation of a discussion which started HERE
Current (2020) thread is HERE

FHR properties in other cities are discussed HERE

FHR is the American Express Fine Hotels and Resorts benefit program available with Centurion and Platinum charge cards.

Receive these complimentary benefits with each FINE HOTELS & RESORTS booking:
  • Noon check-In, when available
    • Room Upgrade upon arrival, when available*
      • Daily breakfast for two people
        • Guaranteed 4pm late checkout. Additional special benefit unique to each property, such as a $100 food and beverage credit or a massage for two people**

USA cardholder may book online at: americanexpress.com/fhr or call Platinum Travel Service at 1-800-525-3355. Cardholders from other countries can use the same website to see participating properties, but cannot view prices or book. In some countries FHR properties can be booked through the general American Express Travel site.

ARIA Sky Suites
Upgrades: typically to a better view
Breakfast: room service, buffet or cafe, $30 per person, per day
$100 Spa: covers spa treatments (no longer includes salon)
$5.60 resort wifi fee taken off per day

Bellagio
Upgrades: one level typical; sometimes Junior Suite (really just a corner room with a little more space)
Breakfast: 2 X $30 credits per day; Cafe Bellagio, The Buffet, Palio, Cafe Gelato or Pool Cafe
$100 Property Credit - Dining: The Buffet, Cafe Bellagio, FIX, Harvest, LAGO, Lily Bar, Jasmine, Michael Mina or Petossian Bar. Spa or Salon services - no merchandise.

Four Seasons
Upgrades: typically one level
Breakfast: room service or Verandah - $60 a day
$100 Spa: Expensive services doesn't get you far.

Mandarin Oriental
Upgrades: occasional
Breakfast: room service or MOzen, enough to cover std breakfast ($30 per person) but they will charge for excess
$100 Spa: can be used treatments but also just about covers two day passes to the very cool spa
Wifi: $5.00 plus tax of the resort fee is refunded

Palazzo
Upgrades: Strip View
Breakfast: $65 total/day at Grand Lux Cafe (any time) or Room Service
$100 Spa: Not valid for express service, specials, or spa passes (changing to $100 Property credit for all booking starting 2020)

Skylofts at MGM Grand
Upgrades: rare
Breakfast: in room or at The Mansion; no apparent cap
$100 Spa:

Wynn - April 2016
Upgrades: Usually to higher floor if you book resort room and to the next room category in the tower if available if you booked a Tower Suite.
Breakfast: $60 ($30 per person) at any restaurant that serves breakfast including the buffet. Also covers in-room breakfast.
Note:Resort fees are no longer waived for Tower Suites customersWynn
The Buffet - 8-11
Tableau - 7-11:30
Terrace Point Cafe - 6-11
In Room - 5-11

Encore
Lobby Bar and Cafe - 6-11
Jardin - 7-11:30
In Room - 5-11
$100 Spa: Can be used at Wynn or Encore Spa, or either resort's Salon.
$18.99/device/day internet charge removed from bill
If selecting the basic internet charge (May 2017), $5/day is deducted from the resort fee.

Delano - Aug 2019
FHR amenity is $100 spa credit, excludes salon services (e.g. haircut), merchandise, and products.
Spa adds a 20% service fee on all services.
Daily $60 ($30 x 2 people) credits only for Della's (open 6am-2pm)
Room service specifically excluded.
Resort Fee: $41.95 plus tax, minus a $5 wifi credit (about $40 total)

Print Wikipost

FHR Experience Las Vegas Hotels only (2015 - 2019)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2017, 7:32 am
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Originally Posted by happyvoid
I booked thru amex fhr but I did not get charged immediately by bellagio. Are you sure you got charged immediately?
How long ago did you book the Bellagio? FHR bookings for the Vegas hotels generally incur a one-night deposit charge at the time of booking. I know it's a dumb question but just to confirm, you did in fact get a confirmation for the Bellagio booking and see it as an active stay in your FHR account?
Old Aug 22, 2017, 7:37 am
Marriott 5+ Badge

For the $100 credit can we use it at mandalay bay buffet bayside and get the alcohol package
Assuming you are talking about booking the Delano through FHR, then yes. The full list of places you can use the Delano credit is in this post.

AFAIK all of the Vegas properties that have a resort credit let you use it on alcohol if you want. That's not true of all FHR properties worldwide, but in Vegas it generally seems to be an option.
Old Aug 22, 2017, 6:23 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Starwood Platinum, AA, SW, Delta
Originally Posted by bgriff
How long ago did you book the Bellagio? FHR bookings for the Vegas hotels generally incur a one-night deposit charge at the time of booking. I know it's a dumb question but just to confirm, you did in fact get a confirmation for the Bellagio booking and see it as an active stay in your FHR account?
oh i did, oh they finally charged me, I booked $210 then they charged me $242. Barely missed the $250 threadshold. I can either wait till they add the resort fee which I assume wasn't added here right? Or should I book a more expensive room to trigger the $50 now?

Also, once I checkout in las vegas, do they just add the amount of my initial payment as a deposit and then the remaining balance I use my other credit cards? or do they refund back the original deposit and do full payment again on a new card?
Old Aug 22, 2017, 9:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

oh i did, oh they finally charged me, I booked $210 then they charged me $242. Barely missed the $250 threadshold. I can either wait till they add the resort fee which I assume wasn't added here right? Or should I book a more expensive room to trigger the $50 now?

Also, once I checkout in las vegas, do they just add the amount of my initial payment as a deposit and then the remaining balance I use my other credit cards? or do they refund back the original deposit and do full payment again on a new card?
I would expect the resort fee(s) to be charged on your room folio, and you will pay that at check-out.
The folio will show the charges for all nights, and then a credit (deduction) for whatever deposit amount was paid, so you only pay the difference at checkout.
Old Aug 22, 2017, 9:46 pm

So are you saying, just the amount on the estimated total got charged that same day and nothing else? No taxes?
It looks like taxes were added as well, but it was only about 10%, which is very surprising to me.
Old Aug 23, 2017, 3:24 am

Originally Posted by David Ocamb
Staying at the Bellagio right now for one night. Offered to buy up to suite for 175 but no complimentary upgrades available. Our room has no view at very end of hall. Oh well, I didn't do the $20 sandwich and it's just a room. win some lose some. Mlife gold as well as FHR.
For the breakfast do you know if we can do the buffet? And for the $100 credit it can be buffet?
Old Aug 23, 2017, 8:07 am
Marriott 5+ Badge

If your stay is after the Amex offer expires, you might want to consider booking a more expensive room rate to hit $250 now. If your stay is before the offer expires, and you will have other expenses on the room (including a second, third, or more nights), and/or the Amex offer specifies it is cumulative spend across multiple transactions, you could just wait until the stay and unlock the offer then.

At checkout in Vegas your initial payment will be treated as a deposit against the bill, yes. FHR rules officially require that the bill be paid with any Amex card in your name, though if you want to pay with a non-Amex card, YMMV whether the hotel will enforce the FHR rules or not.
Old Aug 24, 2017, 4:28 am

For the breakfast do you know if we can do the buffet? And for the $100 credit it can be buffet?
Yes you can do the buffet
yes credit can be buffet again
Old Aug 26, 2017, 12:13 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, JB Mosaic, SW AList + CP
I booked thru amex fhr but I did not get charged immediately by bellagio. Are you sure you got charged immediately?
Yes i literally got the notification on my iphone instantaneously.
Old Aug 27, 2017, 3:23 am

So for the bellagio hotel for fhr guests, we can go to the vip checkin? How about for the Encore or Wynn
Old Aug 28, 2017, 8:42 am

So for the bellagio hotel for fhr guests, we can go to the vip checkin?
Yes
Old Aug 31, 2017, 3:00 am

For Wynn they offer $80 for breakfast , but since Wynn breakfast is only $23 since we are staying at the encore, for the remaining credit can we use it elsewhere or does it have to be at one place? And for the Wynn breakfast can we use the remaining credit to order wine?

Also, I was told that for Wynn we can't use VIP checkin for FHR bookings
Old Aug 31, 2017, 10:05 pm

2018 booking

Anyone has an idea when AMEX will have the 2018 rates loaded? Thanks!
Old Sep 1, 2017, 7:17 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...contracts.html
Old Sep 6, 2017, 9:46 am
Suspended

Programs: United GS+
For Wynn they offer $80 for breakfast , but since Wynn breakfast is only $23 since we are staying at the encore, for the remaining credit can we use it elsewhere or does it have to be at one place? And for the Wynn breakfast can we use the remaining credit to order wine?

Also, I was told that for Wynn we can't use VIP checkin for FHR bookings
It's $60, not $80. The wiki was wrong. I've never had breakfast at Wynn/Encore for less than the the credit.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.