Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 16, 2015, 2:56 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
This thread is a continuation of a discussion which started HERE
Current (2020) thread is HERE

FHR properties in other cities are discussed HERE

FHR is the American Express Fine Hotels and Resorts benefit program available with Centurion and Platinum charge cards.

Receive these complimentary benefits with each FINE HOTELS & RESORTS booking:
  • Noon check-In, when available
    • Room Upgrade upon arrival, when available*
      • Daily breakfast for two people
        • Guaranteed 4pm late checkout. Additional special benefit unique to each property, such as a $100 food and beverage credit or a massage for two people**

USA cardholder may book online at: americanexpress.com/fhr or call Platinum Travel Service at 1-800-525-3355. Cardholders from other countries can use the same website to see participating properties, but cannot view prices or book. In some countries FHR properties can be booked through the general American Express Travel site.

ARIA Sky Suites
Upgrades: typically to a better view
Breakfast: room service, buffet or cafe, $30 per person, per day
$100 Spa: covers spa treatments (no longer includes salon)
$5.60 resort wifi fee taken off per day

Bellagio
Upgrades: one level typical; sometimes Junior Suite (really just a corner room with a little more space)
Breakfast: 2 X $30 credits per day; Cafe Bellagio, The Buffet, Palio, Cafe Gelato or Pool Cafe
$100 Property Credit - Dining: The Buffet, Cafe Bellagio, FIX, Harvest, LAGO, Lily Bar, Jasmine, Michael Mina or Petossian Bar. Spa or Salon services - no merchandise.

Four Seasons
Upgrades: typically one level
Breakfast: room service or Verandah - $60 a day
$100 Spa: Expensive services doesn't get you far.

Mandarin Oriental
Upgrades: occasional
Breakfast: room service or MOzen, enough to cover std breakfast ($30 per person) but they will charge for excess
$100 Spa: can be used treatments but also just about covers two day passes to the very cool spa
Wifi: $5.00 plus tax of the resort fee is refunded

Palazzo
Upgrades: Strip View
Breakfast: $65 total/day at Grand Lux Cafe (any time) or Room Service
$100 Spa: Not valid for express service, specials, or spa passes (changing to $100 Property credit for all booking starting 2020)

Skylofts at MGM Grand
Upgrades: rare
Breakfast: in room or at The Mansion; no apparent cap
$100 Spa:

Wynn - April 2016
Upgrades: Usually to higher floor if you book resort room and to the next room category in the tower if available if you booked a Tower Suite.
Breakfast: $60 ($30 per person) at any restaurant that serves breakfast including the buffet. Also covers in-room breakfast.
Note:Resort fees are no longer waived for Tower Suites customersWynn
The Buffet - 8-11
Tableau - 7-11:30
Terrace Point Cafe - 6-11
In Room - 5-11

Encore
Lobby Bar and Cafe - 6-11
Jardin - 7-11:30
In Room - 5-11
$100 Spa: Can be used at Wynn or Encore Spa, or either resort's Salon.
$18.99/device/day internet charge removed from bill
If selecting the basic internet charge (May 2017), $5/day is deducted from the resort fee.

Delano - Aug 2019
FHR amenity is $100 spa credit, excludes salon services (e.g. haircut), merchandise, and products.
Spa adds a 20% service fee on all services.
Daily $60 ($30 x 2 people) credits only for Della's (open 6am-2pm)
Room service specifically excluded.
Resort Fee: $41.95 plus tax, minus a $5 wifi credit (about $40 total)

Print Wikipost

FHR Experience Las Vegas Hotels only (2015 - 2019)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2017, 4:50 pm

Hey guys, I am new to FHR and have an upcoming stay at Bellagio.

Two questions:
1. I heard their $30 daily breakfast credit is given in form of certificate, which doesn't expire till end of the year. Does that mean I can use it even after checkout, at non-breakfast hours?
2. Can the overnight parking fee be charged to room folio, and therefore trigger Amex $50/$250 offer?
Old Jul 27, 2017, 1:37 am

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
Originally Posted by leokungkin
2. Can the overnight parking fee be charged to room folio, and therefore trigger Amex $50/$250 offer?
Yes, overnight parking will go on the room, and will go towards triggering the $50/$250 (although I suspect FHR rates at Bellagio do that on their own).

In fact, guests are expected to pay the parking as a room charge, otherwise you can't get multiple entry/exit. Bring the parking chit to the check-in desk with you, and they link it to your room, and your room key becomes the entry/exit.
Old Jul 27, 2017, 8:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: AmEx Plat, Chase Sapphire Reserve
Stayed a couple nights at the Cosmopolitan on a FHR booking. Not a ton of info here on it but there are some things people might be interested to know:

You can check in using the Autograph lounge near the entrance. If this is explained anywhere online I never saw it, and it was PACKED at noon on a Sunday for regular check-in (30 minute wait). I stopped by there after waiting in the regular line and it was crowded in there too, but obviously a better choice. So keep that in mind.

They recognized the Amex FHR without me mentioning anything. Wasn't even offered a room upgrade (the people organizing the gigantic check-in lines were saying hotel was going to reach max capacity). Checked in at noon, but the room wasn't ready. They're also in the process of changing their room keycards from insert to tap, so when they texted me our room number the keycards didn't work because they were the wrong kind. They did offer late checkout and I used that without issue.

Breakfast is Wicked Spoon brunch (valid until 2 pm I think she said), or room service up to $70.

Booked fountain view terrace studio, and that's what I got. Didn't really anticipate an upgrade anyhow, but with a two-day stay I figured it would be a good time to test some of their FHR benefits since I haven't seen much about them.
Old Aug 1, 2017, 3:19 am

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
Originally Posted by mooses
Stayed a couple nights at the Cosmopolitan on a FHR booking. Not a ton of info here on it but there are some things people might be interested to know:

You can check in using the Autograph lounge near the entrance. If this is explained anywhere online I never saw it, and it was PACKED at noon on a Sunday for regular check-in (30 minute wait). I stopped by there after waiting in the regular line and it was crowded in there too, but obviously a better choice. So keep that in mind.

They recognized the Amex FHR without me mentioning anything. Wasn't even offered a room upgrade (the people organizing the gigantic check-in lines were saying hotel was going to reach max capacity). Checked in at noon, but the room wasn't ready. They're also in the process of changing their room keycards from insert to tap, so when they texted me our room number the keycards didn't work because they were the wrong kind. They did offer late checkout and I used that without issue.

Breakfast is Wicked Spoon brunch (valid until 2 pm I think she said), or room service up to $70.

Booked fountain view terrace studio, and that's what I got. Didn't really anticipate an upgrade anyhow, but with a two-day stay I figured it would be a good time to test some of their FHR benefits since I haven't seen much about them.
Did you use the Wifi, and if so did they credit an upgraded one, or reduce your resort fee?
Old Aug 1, 2017, 7:51 am

Programs: Amex Plat, Amex PRG, Ritz Rewards Gold, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, Mlife Platinum
Hey guys, I am new to FHR and have an upcoming stay at Bellagio.

Two questions:
1. I heard their $30 daily breakfast credit is given in form of certificate, which doesn't expire till end of the year. Does that mean I can use it even after checkout, at non-breakfast hours?
We've stayed at Bellagio since it opened and haven't seen the breakfast comp certificate for years. Nowadays, it's simply credited directly to your room charges; you'll see line items for tax and tip, but not for the meal, itself.
Old Aug 1, 2017, 9:34 am

No certificate. It should be auto applied but I would call front desk to confirm (you can check on the tv in your room)

Yes.
Old Aug 1, 2017, 11:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: AmEx Plat, Chase Sapphire Reserve
Originally Posted by Gig103
Did you use the Wifi, and if so did they credit an upgraded one, or reduce your resort fee?
I did not use the wifi, and no mention was made of any credit nor reduction of resort fee for wifi.

Cosmo's FHR experience was not on the same level as Encore or Mandarin, for me at least.
Old Aug 2, 2017, 5:55 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Moderator action

Discussion of back-to-back booking has been moved:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...-question.html
Old Aug 3, 2017, 5:14 pm

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by mooses
This must be relatively new. I had a stay about 2 years ago and both the Cosmo staff herding the cats (i.e. line control) and behind the check-in desk explicitly told me there was no separate check-in line or lounge for FHR guests.
Old Aug 3, 2017, 6:09 pm

I have two trips coming up and want to visit two of the properties. It would be over weekends.

Which two would you say would provide best value and best experience overall?
Old Aug 3, 2017, 9:25 pm

Programs: AA Plat, CX Silver
Originally Posted by saurabh711
I have two trips coming up and want to visit two of the properties. It would be over weekends.

Which two would you say would provide best value and best experience overall?
For value I think it's hard to beat the Delano on dates when its rates are low. They're pretty generous with FHR—$100 off almost anything in the entire Mandalay resort complex using the resort credit and the $60 breakfast credit is good all day long, plus the rooms are huge and all have 1.5 bathrooms (a big plus if you're traveling with others).

I've gotten the Delano for as low as $120 through FHR. At prices like that I think it's hard to beat, though it's certainly not in the same class as the real luxury properties on the strip.

If I wanted to do a split weekend, I'd be inclined to pick the Delano and the Cosmo, but I find myself doing most of my eating and drinking at the Cosmo these days when I'm in Vegas.
Old Aug 3, 2017, 10:23 pm

Originally Posted by txflyer77
For value I think it's hard to beat the Delano on dates when its rates are low. They're pretty generous with FHR—$100 off almost anything in the entire Mandalay resort complex using the resort credit and the $60 breakfast credit is good all day long, plus the rooms are huge and all have 1.5 bathrooms (a big plus if you're traveling with others).

I've gotten the Delano for as low as $120 through FHR. At prices like that I think it's hard to beat, though it's certainly not in the same class as the real luxury properties on the strip.

If I wanted to do a split weekend, I'd be inclined to pick the Delano and the Cosmo, but I find myself doing most of my eating and drinking at the Cosmo these days when I'm in Vegas.
Thanks. I am thinking I will do a split weekend with the Delano ($240) and the Wynn ($240). I don't like the Cosmo much.
Old Aug 4, 2017, 1:04 am

Thanks. I am thinking I will do a split weekend with the Delano ($240) and the Wynn ($240). I don't like the Cosmo much.
Just remember that using FHR on "back to back" stays, Wynn doesn't need to give you the $100 spa credit.
Edit: That discussion has been split, per mia
Old Aug 4, 2017, 8:38 am

Originally Posted by Gig103
Just remember that using FHR on "back to back" stays, Wynn doesn't need to give you the $100 spa credit.
Edit: That discussion has been split, per mia

Even if the booking is on two different properties? I am thinking of staying Friday night at Delano and Saturday night at Wynn / Mandarin Oriental. I suppose it was a problem if it was the same property. I would be just using my card and I am ok with switching hotels on the same weekend.
Old Aug 4, 2017, 8:50 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Even if the booking is on two different properties?
Limit one benefit package per room, per stay. Three room limit per Card Member, per stay; back-to-back stays within a 24-hour period at the same property considered one stay.
https://www.americanexpressfhr.com/f...l_searches/new

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.