Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

[January 2015] Amex Platinum 100,000 Sign-Up Bonus Is Back on creditcards.com

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[January 2015] Amex Platinum 100,000 Sign-Up Bonus Is Back on creditcards.com

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2015, 9:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mia
I am trying to separate the criticism of the way the offer was presented from the value of the offer itself.
I think that the offer is valuable to a select few (100k is a great deal if you can get it). Since most people can't get it, the average value (ie, averaged across all readers) is probably quite low, possibly even negative (since you could argue that it has negative value to those who take the time to fill in all the info and then don't get the offer)

Do the rules for posting different ads differ based on the value of the offer being advertised?

Also, can I ask why his link to the cardmatch tool in the original post (which is NOT a link directly to the tool, but rather, a link through his blog to the tool) has not been edited?

Last edited by mia; Jan 9, 2015 at 3:56 pm Reason: Combine consecutive replies.
Old Jan 9, 2015, 3:40 pm

Programs: DL Diamond/AA Platinum, Hyatt/Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by VegasGambler
Also, can I ask why his link to the cardmatch tool in the original post (which is NOT a link directly to the tool, but rather, a link through his blog to the tool) has not been edited?
It is editted by TPG himself now.
Last edited by thepointsguy; Today at 9:17 am.
Old Jan 9, 2015, 3:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jerryhze
It is editted by TPG himself now.
Last edited by thepointsguy; Today at 9:17 am.
Fair enough; I see that it now goes directly to the site. At the time I made my post, that was not the case.

I thought that posting affiliate links was not allowed; it seems that that (what was there yesterday) is no different than an affiliate link.
Old Jan 9, 2015, 4:38 pm

Originally Posted by VegasGambler
Fair enough; I see that it now goes directly to the site. At the time I made my post, that was not the case.

I thought that posting affiliate links was not allowed; it seems that that (what was there yesterday) is no different than an affiliate link.
It's still in violation of the rules. I sent the mods a message and will let them handle it.
Old Sep 4, 2015, 11:34 am

Programs: not anymore! I'm FREE!
Having missed out on the 100k Platinum offer recently available to the public at large, I wonder if people are still getting CardMatch offers for 100k. And if so, what is the likely profile of someone who would get one?
Old Sep 5, 2015, 10:25 am
Formerly known as jlars77

The only common denominators I noticed with myself and three family members who had the 100k offer is a strong credit profile and no existing AMEX accounts.

Originally Posted by snic
Having missed out on the 100k Platinum offer recently available to the public at large, I wonder if people are still getting CardMatch offers for 100k. And if so, what is the likely profile of someone who would get one?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.