Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Centurion Lounge SEA (Opened 30 June 2015; Expanded 22 March 2017; Again in 2022)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 6, 2017, 11:48 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
New Seattle Centurion Lounge is scheduled to open by August 2022. [Employee response from late May 2022]
From SEA Volunteer Newsletter (Nov. 9 '22): estimated to open in 2023.

Denied Entry/waitlist Date/Day of week/Time:

WAITLIST: May 17, 2019 Friday, 9AM, 10-15 minutes waiting time.
WAITLIST: Oct 9, 2019 Wednesday, 230PM, 15 minutes waiting time.

Print Wikipost

Centurion Lounge SEA (Opened 30 June 2015; Expanded 22 March 2017; Again in 2022)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2019, 10:31 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by icelandman2
No significant change to the menu. It looks like they just redid the entry (per the attendant) and made the wifi a bit faster.
Couple mx things rectified. New podium added (3 checkin desks now). And apparently significantly faster wifi.

The agents were working the whole time- apparently lots of training was accomplished.
icelandman2 likes this.
Old May 4, 2019, 6:22 pm

Friday

I stopped by Friday afternoon and they said they were not taking more members for 15-20 mins .When I came back 30 mins later, now they said there was a waiting list of 20 (there were about 10 people outside waiting to be called I just gave up at that point
Old May 4, 2019, 7:32 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold; LEGO VIP, Amex Platinum, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by CMK10
I ended up leaving and getting McDonalds to go
Mrs CRAZ8 brings her McDonalds into the lounge - A mimosa and McGriddle is the breakfast of champions!
Old May 5, 2019, 5:11 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by CRAZ8
Mrs CRAZ8 brings her McDonalds into the lounge....
While American Express practice often deviates from policy, the published rules do not permit outside food, and some have been denied entry:

We ask that all guests observe the following house rules. We reserve the right to deny entry to any guest, or require any guest to leave, due to conduct that is inappropriate or disruptive to other guests, at the discretion of the staff.

Alcoholic beverages will not be served to anyone under 21 years of age or to anyone who appears to be intoxicated.
Food and alcoholic beverages may not be brought into, or removed from, the premises.
Smoking, chewing tobacco, smokeless tobacco and electronic cigarette use are not permitted.
While visiting The Centurion Lounge, all guests must wear attire that is appropriate for a family environment.
Airline, airport and industry employees are not permitted to enter while in uniform or while wearing branded apparel or company/airport identification badges. This includes employees of private and corporate aircraft and charter carriers.
https://thecenturionlounge.com/info/faq
Old May 5, 2019, 10:42 am

Programs: Marriott Gold; LEGO VIP, Amex Platinum, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by mia
While American Express practice often deviates from policy, the published rules do not permit outside food, and some have been denied entry:

https://thecenturionlounge.com/info/faq
They've always let her do it so far, but with their recent week of training during construction, she's going to have to dispose of the evidence on the short walk back from McDs
Old May 17, 2019, 10:20 am

Programs: AS 100K, HH Diamond, SPG/Marriott Gold
Totally packed lounge today - waitlist to get in even with the new access restrictions, and didn't care that I was on a connecting flight

Hope they expand SEA Cent again soon!
Old May 18, 2019, 12:18 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by icelandman2
Totally packed lounge today - waitlist to get in even with the new access restrictions, and didn't care that I was on a connecting flight

Hope they expand SEA Cent again soon!
What time?

Started a wiki above.
Old May 18, 2019, 12:41 am

Programs: AS 100K, HH Diamond, SPG/Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by beckoa
What time?

Started a wiki above.
About 9AM this morning
Old May 24, 2019, 10:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Packed with waiting list @ 9AM. Texted me for entry after 5 minutes waiting outside.
Old Jun 14, 2019, 11:54 am

6:30am

The airport was a zoo this morning so I was surprised to not see a waiting list. About 85% capacity when I left at 7am
Old Jul 27, 2019, 11:15 am

Programs: Delta Skymiles
Visited today. Have visited the LAS Centurion lounge. Found this one very disappointing. A bit of a shall we say “express” operation. One thing I like about the Centurion lounge is the food options, was very surprised that they would not have smoked Salmon to put on the bagels, particularly being in Seattle.

That said, I shouldn’t complain, the food is fresher and more nuanced than the DL SkyClubs I usually frequent. So maybe I shouldn’t complain too much. Not very crowded during my visit, but it was Saturday.
Old Jul 27, 2019, 4:12 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Seattle was originally branded Centurion Studio. It was rebranded Lounge when it was enlarged, but it still does not have a full kitchen.
Points Scrounger likes this.
Old Aug 2, 2019, 12:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

My daughter had a bad experience trying to get into the SEA lounge today. She had come off an early morning transcon and was headed to a job in Alaska with about an hour and twenty minute layover. She was obviously looking for a quick bite to eat. At 10 am, there was a waitlist. It took her 40 minutes to clear. When she finally got in (with 5 minutes to scarf down some food), the lounge was pretty empty! Thanks AMEX. I had a similar problem last year at SEA and ANC when the Alaska lounges were still in Priority Pass and the staff wouldn't let me in because of "overcrowding." I peaked in 45 minutes later and the lounges were half empty. They were still waiting for the Alaska member hordes that never came.

An unreliable lounge is almost worse than no lounge at all. If it's a hassle to get in, the benefit is nearly worthless..
Old Aug 2, 2019, 9:25 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles
What I want to know is who is allowed to “reserve” a table, and how can I do that. That to me is a big part of the problem. I have never heard of this in the DL SkyClub for example. I also have not heard of people who are actual members (not buying day passes in one way or another) being turned away from DL lounges.

I love the Centurion concept, but Amex seems to still be struggling with the operational aspects of running a lounge network.
Old Aug 2, 2019, 9:54 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by cfabar1
What I want to know is who is allowed to “reserve” a table, and how can I do that.
People with a Centurion card.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.