Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 30, 2013, 9:57 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: aSiAnRiCk
See also this thread: Automating AmEx Sync registration

Wiki to track Amex Sync credit. Some merchants seem to have Amex Sync cash back post in 2 business days.

Posted:
Amazon Purchase 12/4 Credit: 2 days
Best Buy Purchase: 12/27 Credit: 2 days
Sprouts (in store) Purchase 11/30 Credit: 2 days
Zappo's Purchase 12/5 Credit: 2 days
Kohl's (in store) purchase 12/20 Credit: 2 days
BP (at station) purchase 12/8 Credit: 2 days
Lowe's (in store) purchase 3/28/15, credit: 2 days
Target in store $30 back on $100+ spend, 6/20/15: 2 days
BJ's in store purchase 7/25/15 Credit: 1 day

Still waiting for credit
Sony (in store) Purchase: 12/24 Credit: Not posted
Forever 21 (in store) Purchase: 12/24 Credit: Not posted
AMC Theaters (in store) Purchase: 11/28 Credit: Not posted
Print Wikipost

Amex (USA) Sync Offers 2012 - 2015

Search this Thread

Old Nov 10, 2015, 2:15 pm

Originally Posted by looking4adventure
So I bought an Airbnb gift card for $100 last week but haven't received the $50 back. I chatted with Amex today and he stated that the charge didn't qualify and that he will have to send it to a different department for investigation. Then he said to check back in 7-10 business days. Ugh!

Anyone else deal with this?

I was curious after reading your post. I had not received a credit for my charge which posted 5 days ago. I called and the rep told me to be patient. She said the gift card I purchased did qualify.

I suggest that you not be concerned about this unless you have not received a credit by Easter, 2016.
Old Nov 11, 2015, 7:27 am

I have also not received credit for AirBNB gift cards. If you look at terms on the website...it says gift card purchases are included. But the email that we got to confirm our registration for the deal, did not say that.
Old Nov 11, 2015, 9:30 am

Originally Posted by vm81
I have also not received credit for AirBNB gift cards. If you look at terms on the website...it says gift card purchases are included. But the email that we got to confirm our registration for the deal, did not say that.
My confirmation email sure did say they were included. Scrolling to the bottom of the email it states:
Your Card Member information is included in the upper-right corner to help you recognize this as a customer service e-mail from American Express. To learn more about e-mail security or report a suspicious e-mail, please visit us at americanexpress.com/phishing. We kindly ask you not to reply to this e-mail but instead contact us via customer service.

© 2015 American Express. All rights reserved.

Offer Terms

Enrollment limited. Offer valid for approved bookings and gift cards purchased on Airbnb.com and the Airbnb mobile app.m Offer valid for a single transaction of $100 or more made by 12/31/15. Offer not valid for bookings made with gift cards. Offer valid for eligible domestic and international Airbnb locations. Must add offer to eligible American Express® Card and use same Card to redeem. Only US-issued American Express Cards are eligible for this offer. Limit 1 statement credit per American Express Card across all American Express offer channels. Statement credit will appear on your billing statement within 90 days after 12/31/15, provided that American Express receives information from the merchant about your qualifying purchase. Note that American Express may not receive information about your qualifying purchase from the merchant until all items from your qualifying purchase have been provided by the merchant. Statement credit may be reversed if qualifying purchase is cancelled. If American Express does not receive information that identifies your transaction as qualifying for the offer, you will not receive the statement credit. For example, your transaction will not qualify if it is not made directly with the merchant. In addition, in most cases, you will not receive the statement credit if your transaction is made with an electronic wallet or through a third party or if the merchant uses a mobile or wireless card reader to process it. By adding an offer to a Card, you agree that American Express may send you communications about the offer.

POID: BXHE:0001
Old Nov 11, 2015, 10:41 am

Regardless of what the terms say it looks like the Airbnb credit is not automatically applying for gift cards since the processing is not done by Airbnb. You'll need to fight with Amex, wait 90 days, etc. Eventually you will get it but they'll make you work for the $50.

I'm staying away unless they fix the automatic credit. Which is sad b/c I could get $600 from this but it still isn't worth the hassel.
Old Nov 11, 2015, 10:44 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by N_Phoenix
... You'll need to fight with Amex, wait 90 days, etc.
The terms say that the credits will post in March 2016. Why does anyone expect them to post sooner?

Statement credit will appear on your billing statement within 90 days after 12/31/15, provided that American Express receives information from the merchant about your qualifying purchase
Old Nov 11, 2015, 12:18 pm

Originally Posted by dgilligan02
My confirmation email sure did say they were included. Scrolling to the bottom of the email it states:
Your Card Member information is included in the upper-right corner to help you recognize this as a customer service e-mail from American Express. To learn more about e-mail security or report a suspicious e-mail, please visit us at americanexpress.com/phishing. We kindly ask you not to reply to this e-mail but instead contact us via customer service.

© 2015 American Express. All rights reserved.

Offer Terms

Enrollment limited. Offer valid for approved bookings and gift cards purchased on Airbnb.com and the Airbnb mobile app.m Offer valid for a single transaction of $100 or more made by 12/31/15. Offer not valid for bookings made with gift cards. Offer valid for eligible domestic and international Airbnb locations. Must add offer to eligible American Express® Card and use same Card to redeem. Only US-issued American Express Cards are eligible for this offer. Limit 1 statement credit per American Express Card across all American Express offer channels. Statement credit will appear on your billing statement within 90 days after 12/31/15, provided that American Express receives information from the merchant about your qualifying purchase. Note that American Express may not receive information about your qualifying purchase from the merchant until all items from your qualifying purchase have been provided by the merchant. Statement credit may be reversed if qualifying purchase is cancelled. If American Express does not receive information that identifies your transaction as qualifying for the offer, you will not receive the statement credit. For example, your transaction will not qualify if it is not made directly with the merchant. In addition, in most cases, you will not receive the statement credit if your transaction is made with an electronic wallet or through a third party or if the merchant uses a mobile or wireless card reader to process it. By adding an offer to a Card, you agree that American Express may send you communications about the offer.

POID: BXHE:0001
I am not sure where I was looking....mine states that as well. Sorry for any confusion.
Old Nov 11, 2015, 12:19 pm

Originally Posted by mia
The terms say that the credits will post in March 2016. Why does anyone expect them to post sooner?
I think people expect them to post sooner because most of these AmEx offers credit posts within couple of days of charge posting, regardless of the timeline it states in the terms.
Old Nov 11, 2015, 12:46 pm

Originally Posted by mia
I've done hundreds of these offers and they usually post within a couple of days. The few times the offers have not posted, I've had to follow up with Amex months later and it was a PITA.
Old Nov 11, 2015, 1:18 pm

I am not sure where I was looking....mine states that as well. Sorry for any confusion.
Despite what it says...even if you follow the instructions in the T&C and buy a $100 GC on Airbnb.com (that's what it explicitly says to do!) there is something not connected right and it is going to be a pain in getting AMEX to issue the credit, I think.

How much of a pain, I don't know.
Old Nov 11, 2015, 1:40 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
I think that when the terms reference a specific date (after 12/31/15) it indicates that the merchant intends to process all of the credits in a single batch run. It may be done sooner than "90 days" after the end of the year, but I think it is unlikely to be done in 2015.
Old Nov 11, 2015, 2:18 pm
Used to be 'g_leyser'

Location: Brandon Johnson International Airport (expect delays)
Programs: AA PlatPro, HH Gold, Bonvoy Gold, IHG Plat, Reno Air MEGA Platinum
Am I missing something, or did Newegg remove the AA gift cards from their site?
Old Nov 11, 2015, 2:24 pm
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by aisleorwindow
Am I missing something, or did Newegg remove the AA gift cards from their site?
Another thread spoke of them being gone two days ago and back again yesterday. This is purely conjecture from me, but perhaps they have sold out from their allocation. Continuing to conjecture, if so, it's worth checking tomorrow to see if they get more.
Old Nov 11, 2015, 3:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
I think people expect them to post sooner because most of these AmEx offers credit posts within couple of days of charge posting, regardless of the timeline it states in the terms.
Originally Posted by N_Phoenix
I've done hundreds of these offers and they usually post within a couple of days. The few times the offers have not posted, I've had to follow up with Amex months later and it was a PITA.
+2. Always get the credits within 2-3 days of the charge posting. I had two instances where they did not, and those were the two worst CS experience I've ever had with Amex. One instance, they never figured it out but after a relatively direct secure message documenting all of the conflicting responses I'd gotten (in writing) up to that point, a supervisor intervened and provided a "courtesy" credit for the amount of the offer. The other instance never got resolved...it was headed down the same path and I decided it wasn't worth my time for $5.

Originally Posted by mia
I think that when the terms reference a specific date (after 12/31/15) it indicates that the merchant intends to process all of the credits in a single batch run. It may be done sooner than "90 days" after the end of the year, but I think it is unlikely to be done in 2015.
IIRC I've had several offers that reference a specific date for the credit and they've all credited in the 2-3 day timeline. I could, of course, be remembering incorrectly.
Old Nov 12, 2015, 8:49 am

I still haven't seen the gift card $50 credit but something interesting happened...

I used my DH's amex card to buy a $100 gift card. Then used the gift card to book an AirBnb place and used my amex card for the remaining total. Today a $50 credit posted to my account despite the fact that I used a gift card to book the property. The terms clearly state that the credit won't be applied if a gift card is used.

So if and when I finally get the gift card $50 credit, then I will have received $100 off my booking.
Old Nov 12, 2015, 9:23 am

Originally Posted by looking4adventure
I still haven't seen the gift card $50 credit but something interesting happened...

I used my DH's amex card to buy a $100 gift card. Then used the gift card to book an AirBnb place and used my amex card for the remaining total. Today a $50 credit posted to my account despite the fact that I used a gift card to book the property. The terms clearly state that the credit won't be applied if a gift card is used.

So if and when I finally get the gift card $50 credit, then I will have received $100 off my booking.

Was the charge still over $100 after the gift card balance was applied? If so this would seem logical since AMEX still sees a charge over $100. Typically those terms are there just to note that if you book, and use a gift card to pay the entire balance, or have less than $100 after the giftcard, then it wont apply.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.