FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Amex (USA) Sync Offers 2012 - 2015
View Single Post
Old Nov 11, 2015, 3:23 pm
gooselee
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by vm81
I think people expect them to post sooner because most of these AmEx offers credit posts within couple of days of charge posting, regardless of the timeline it states in the terms.
Originally Posted by N_Phoenix
I've done hundreds of these offers and they usually post within a couple of days. The few times the offers have not posted, I've had to follow up with Amex months later and it was a PITA.
+2. Always get the credits within 2-3 days of the charge posting. I had two instances where they did not, and those were the two worst CS experience I've ever had with Amex. One instance, they never figured it out but after a relatively direct secure message documenting all of the conflicting responses I'd gotten (in writing) up to that point, a supervisor intervened and provided a "courtesy" credit for the amount of the offer. The other instance never got resolved...it was headed down the same path and I decided it wasn't worth my time for $5.

Originally Posted by mia
I think that when the terms reference a specific date (after 12/31/15) it indicates that the merchant intends to process all of the credits in a single batch run. It may be done sooner than "90 days" after the end of the year, but I think it is unlikely to be done in 2015.
IIRC I've had several offers that reference a specific date for the credit and they've all credited in the 2-3 day timeline. I could, of course, be remembering incorrectly.