Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Applying for a targeted offer meant for another person [Consolidated]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Applying for a targeted offer meant for another person [Consolidated]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2024, 2:13 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by aiurforever
The spending is 15025 so far, after the fee and Dell/airline credits. It was completed 6 days ago.
Our last business platinum bonus took several weeks (maybe 3'ish) to post . Much longer than usual but it did post without any intervention from us. That said, we were using an offer that was targeted to us specifically, so doesn't exactly match your scenario.

Regards

P.S. This was all about 2 weeks ago, so fairly recent.
mia and ZenFlyer like this.
Old Jan 19, 2024, 2:32 pm

Originally Posted by scubadu
Our last business platinum bonus took several weeks (maybe 3'ish) to post . Much longer than usual but it did post without any intervention from us. That said, we were using an offer that was targeted to us specifically, so doesn't exactly match your scenario.

Regards

P.S. This was all about 2 weeks ago, so fairly recent.
Thanks. I will wait it out.
Old Jan 19, 2024, 2:33 pm

Originally Posted by concordian
Also make sure it doesnt have any Cash like equivalents like Gift cards etc.
I mostly used it to pay IRS and local taxes.
Old Jan 19, 2024, 3:15 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by aiurforever
I mostly used it to pay IRS and local taxes.
You may wish to read this thread:

Paying income tax doesn't qualify for welcome bonus?
DCJoe1 likes this.
Old Jan 22, 2024, 12:58 pm

Another DP. My P2 used an similar targeted offer for another business and got the 130K 2 days after hitting $15k spending.
Will give it a few more days before contact Amex.

Originally Posted by mia
Old Jan 24, 2024, 3:59 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Delta Gold
I can also confirm receipt of SUB on a Biz Gold card that was targeted to another business (received via mail) and I applied using my own business name.

So we know we can use business applications targeted for another business and get the SUB, but what about personal applications? A friend of mine received a mailer for a personal plat with NLL but he has no interest in holding a plat. Can I use the invitation code for myself? I already hold a Plat but wouldn't mind getting the SUB on another if at all possible.

ETA: From reading posts back from 2017, it looks like it's not possible for personal applications because the name can't be changed.
Old Feb 7, 2024, 10:41 am

Update 2/7/24: The waiting strategy worked. The spending for SUB was satisfied on 1/17 and the points were posted on 2/5. The P2 also used mailer from a different targeted business and paid taxes on it. The points were posted for P2 instantly after the spending was met. The only difference was that what brought the spending across the threshold for each card. It was a tax payment of $5000 for P1 and a restaurant charge for P2. So going forward I will still pay tax for SUB but try to bring the spending across the threshold using regular charges such as restaurants or supermarkets.
Thanks to everyone for their input and advice.
Raylan likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.