Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Applying for a targeted offer meant for another person [Consolidated]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Applying for a targeted offer meant for another person [Consolidated]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2017, 8:32 pm

Originally Posted by FlyerTalkUserName
Nice. Going under the hood. I'm using Chrome and I'm able to do it directly in the form. Maybe it's other browsers that limit it?
Originally Posted by roundtree
For the code I used, Chrome wouldn't let me update the First/Last names directly without using the developer tools. Perhaps not all codes are created equal?
Originally Posted by FlyerTalkUserName
Mine was for a business so that might be where the flexibility comes in. Will be something to keep an eye on moving forward. Good to know the forum has already found a way around it.
Any guidance here? I am trying to use my dad's offer here for AMEX plat business but the name is greyed out. I am using Chrome and went to Developer Tools, then what do I have to do change the name to myself? thank you
Old Feb 2, 2017, 2:18 am

Somewhat related, but is there a marketplace for RSVP codes. Specifically looking for the 150K Biz Plat.
Old Feb 19, 2017, 8:26 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Sixt Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott/SPG Gold .....
Originally Posted by xgeorge1
Any guidance here? I am trying to use my dad's offer here for AMEX plat business but the name is greyed out. I am using Chrome and went to Developer Tools, then what do I have to do change the name to myself? thank you
Me too! My wife always gets targeted but doesn't have a business ....
Old Mar 5, 2017, 12:42 pm

A family member got a mailer for a 75k bonus - 5k spending, i tried to see if i can use it for myself but when i get to the personal information page it has her name shaded that i cannot change, is there away around that. I looked at the developer tools but i am not really clear what to do.
Thank you

Last edited by ninim2200; Mar 5, 2017 at 9:54 pm
Old Mar 24, 2017, 6:25 pm

How to edit Amex mailer grayed out name field

I have received an Amex mailer that i would like to use for my wife, the problem is the First and last name fields are grayed out in the online application form and i cannot edit them, some have mentioned to use developer tools in chrome but i have no idea how to do this, any help is highly appreciate it.

mods are welcome to move this anywhere they want.
Thank you
Old Apr 21, 2017, 7:50 am

Programs: SPG/Marriot Gold, Hilton Gold
Using someone else's targeted Business Gold offer

My grandfather got an email with a targeted BRG offer of 75k for 5k spend but does not want to apply. He forwarded me the link. When I try to apply, it has his name hardcoded in the fields in the personal information section, but I can otherwise enter all my info like SSN, business name, etc.

Is there a way around this? Can I apply using his name but all my additional information? I'm thinking not. I know I've read people sharing targeted business offers, so I want to know how to do this.
Old Apr 21, 2017, 10:39 am

Originally Posted by zorbachs
My grandfather got an email with a targeted BRG offer of 75k for 5k spend but does not want to apply. He forwarded me the link. When I try to apply, it has his name hardcoded in the fields in the personal information section, but I can otherwise enter all my info like SSN, business name, etc.

Is there a way around this? Can I apply using his name but all my additional information? I'm thinking not. I know I've read people sharing targeted business offers, so I want to know how to do this.
i have asked the same question a month ago, no answer.
Old Apr 21, 2017, 11:16 am

Programs: SPG/Marriot Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by ninim2200
I see that we can use Chrome. However, I can't get the fields to actually change in the browser, just in the code of the website. I don't see an option to save or enact the changes.
Old Apr 23, 2017, 1:18 pm

Programs: WN A-List Pref, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat
Looks like Amex has closed the loophole. I received another targeted mailer to my father-in-law, but the fields cannot be changed using the Developer Tools anymore.
Old Apr 23, 2017, 1:57 pm

Originally Posted by ninim2200
Sharing works with physical mailers that include a RSVP code
Old Apr 23, 2017, 9:41 pm

Originally Posted by SoloExperiment
sharing works with physical mailers that include a RSVP code
i am not sure what do you mean!
Old Apr 24, 2017, 6:56 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Sixt Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott/SPG Gold .....
Sharing works with physical mailers that include a RSVP code
How? When you enter the RSVP code the person it was mailed to is filled out and can not be changed.
Old Apr 24, 2017, 7:15 am

My apologies, I was talking about business mailer offers
Old Apr 24, 2017, 8:53 am

Originally Posted by roundtree
Looks like Amex has closed the loophole. I received another targeted mailer to my father-in-law, but the fields cannot be changed using the Developer Tools anymore.
Prob better anyways...not worth the risk for an add'l 30k? 40k? MR points.
Old Apr 24, 2017, 11:53 am

My apologies, I was talking about business mailer offers
Same for those ... the First and Last name can not be changed

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.