Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

[Expired] No Fee First Year 50K after $1k spend AMEX P.R. GOLD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Expired] No Fee First Year 50K after $1k spend AMEX P.R. GOLD

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2013, 3:15 pm

I just got declined for this card. Does anybody know why that would be?
Old Feb 28, 2013, 4:22 pm

:facepalm:
Old Feb 28, 2013, 5:03 pm

Originally Posted by schley
Just got the approval after a phone call from some approval phone department. 10k credit limit and will arrive in 5-7 days.
How did you get a credit limit on a charge card?
Old Feb 28, 2013, 5:20 pm

Originally Posted by nosubstance
I just got declined for this card. Does anybody know why that would be?
Have you tried calling? You are the first I heard being rejected.
Old Feb 28, 2013, 6:12 pm

Originally Posted by jrey
Have you tried calling? You are the first I heard being rejected.
Nah, I haven't. I guess I will, but I have a feeling it will be a pain in the arse

When I finished the app, it said that the app is processing, and I will be notified via mail. But, I just checked the status of the app online and it says it was rejected... when I click on find out why, it indefinitely loads :/
Old Feb 28, 2013, 9:09 pm

Programs: AA Gold, US Silver, Starwood Gold, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by PainCorp
If you can't use the points, why did you get the card? Though MR transfers and their alliances you can fly a lot of airlines that aren't directly listed.
At worst, I can use the "Pay with Points" feature to turn the 50k points into a $500 credit for airfare. I'm looking into the different alliances now, but I'm honestly not very familiar with them. Do most (I believe ANA and Air Canada are on Star Alliance) allow you to open an account, transfer miles in, and redeem without having any sort of status / other relationship? I fly US, United, and American somewhat often and would prefer to redeem for flights there. What is most cost effective?

The various threads I've found on MR points aren't very conclusive, though I'll admit I still have a lot to read.
Old Feb 28, 2013, 9:18 pm

Programs: Too many to list
Approved x 2 (two people)

easy 100K points
Old Feb 28, 2013, 10:43 pm

Programs: UA-1k, 1mm, Marriott-LT Platinum, Hertz-Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by RhubarbPie
How did you get a credit limit on a charge card?
Rep on the phone said I have a 10k credit line. What else would this mean?
Old Feb 28, 2013, 11:42 pm

Just as a data point, tried the creditcards.com card match (1st post), and the application came up as expired the first two times, but worked on the third try.

Thanks!
Old Mar 1, 2013, 5:11 am

It would mean you're capped at a balance of 10k. I have the same thing on my ink bold charge card.
Old Mar 1, 2013, 10:32 am

Programs: SW, UA, IHG Plat, Hilton, Marriott
Has anyone hit the required spend and recieved their 50k points? I've hit mine and it's been 4 days already and my points haven't appeared. Usually AMEX is pretty quick.
Old Mar 1, 2013, 3:29 pm

Approved last Weds, still haven't received card. Called last night, said the card wasn't expedited by mistake. Come on AmEx...
Old Mar 1, 2013, 8:15 pm

Originally Posted by nolimit186
Has anyone hit the required spend and recieved their 50k points? I've hit mine and it's been 4 days already and my points haven't appeared. Usually AMEX is pretty quick.
I have completed the spend on one of our cards, but it was just yesterday. So I havent seen any points yet.
Old Mar 2, 2013, 4:46 am

Originally Posted by nolimit186
Originally Posted by RhubarbPie
I have completed the spend on one of our cards, but it was just yesterday. So I havent seen any points yet.
I thought points don't post til statement closes. I wonder how long this deals gonna last...that platinum deal didn't make it a day.
Old Mar 2, 2013, 10:00 am

Originally Posted by midnightinharlem
Signed up last night and was instantly approved. Great offer. Unfortunately, doesn't look like the membership rewards points are great to cash in -- I rarely fly on the airlines they partner with, so it seems the pay with points is the best option for me. What are others using their MR points for?
I dont fly their partner airlines much either, but still find the points valuable.

I use the points for Hilton stays. You can transfer Rewards points to your HHonors account, it is instant.

I occasionally use pay with points when there are promotions on that make the ratio better.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.