Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

[Expired] No Fee First Year 50K after $1k spend AMEX P.R. GOLD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Expired] No Fee First Year 50K after $1k spend AMEX P.R. GOLD

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 2013, 8:13 am

Originally Posted by kunk00
I got 100k platinum this January. Do i need to wait 90 days to jump to this deal? anyone has same experience? thanks
Per T&C you will have to have that card closed for 90 days before you can open this card.
Old Mar 11, 2013, 10:43 am

Programs: Delta Skymiles, AAdvantage
I'm thinking about jumping on this card but with an asterisk.

I know with a new Amex card, it (for some reason) shows the Member Since date as the date I got my FIRST Amex card.

If I get this card, and then CANCEL my first Amex card, will having this card open guarantee I maintain my original Amex Member Since date forever?

Asking because I don't want to lower my average age of credit, but I don't want the Delta Gold Amex anymore that I opened years ago.
Old Mar 11, 2013, 4:33 pm

Originally Posted by BrianFellows
I'm thinking about jumping on this card but with an asterisk.

I know with a new Amex card, it (for some reason) shows the Member Since date as the date I got my FIRST Amex card.

If I get this card, and then CANCEL my first Amex card, will having this card open guarantee I maintain my original Amex Member Since date forever?

Asking because I don't want to lower my average age of credit, but I don't want the Delta Gold Amex anymore that I opened years ago.
Yes, you will still have your original member since date.
Old Mar 11, 2013, 5:50 pm

Combine both offers

I have never used AMEX before, but as I wait for my AA and UA cards to lapse I am itching for a trip to Europe.

I noticed the 50k PRGold card and the 45k Delta skymiles card. Is it possible to transfer the MR points to Delta and get the 101k points? Can I open both cards at the same time to avoid 2 pulls?
Old Mar 11, 2013, 9:07 pm

Originally Posted by sibiliaJ2
I have never used AMEX before, but as I wait for my AA and UA cards to lapse I am itching for a trip to Europe.

I noticed the 50k PRGold card and the 45k Delta skymiles card. Is it possible to transfer the MR points to Delta and get the 101k points? Can I open both cards at the same time to avoid 2 pulls?
Yes and yes.
Old Mar 12, 2013, 10:42 pm

hit $1k spend on 3/9, 50k MR post on 3/12, first statement is to close on 3/21, didn't expect such a quick turnaround
Old Mar 13, 2013, 9:09 am

Programs: SW, UA, IHG Plat, Hilton, Marriott
Originally Posted by tommy14
hit $1k spend on 3/9, 50k MR post on 3/12, first statement is to close on 3/21, didn't expect such a quick turnaround
Wow, I wonder what's going on with our accounts. Wife hit her $1k like 2 weeks ago and I hit mine about a week ago and no 50k yet on either. Anyone else experiencing this?
Old Mar 13, 2013, 10:25 am

Originally Posted by nolimit186
Wow, I wonder what's going on with our accounts. Wife hit her $1k like 2 weeks ago and I hit mine about a week ago and no 50k yet on either. Anyone else experiencing this?
I think your case is the norm and the people getting their points in just a few days are just getting lucky. I hit spend on 2/28 and contacted Amex, was told I will get my points 6-8 weeks after statement close (I'm guessing this is the stock answer). Majority of reports with AMEX charge cards seem to be that points post a few days after close of SECOND statement.

I didn't know this before I applied for the card and it totally messed up transfer my plans . Now I'm having to go the Coupon Connection route.
Old Mar 13, 2013, 3:00 pm

Programs: SW, UA, IHG Plat, Hilton, Marriott
Originally Posted by msc75
I think your case is the norm and the people getting their points in just a few days are just getting lucky. I hit spend on 2/28 and contacted Amex, was told I will get my points 6-8 weeks after statement close (I'm guessing this is the stock answer). Majority of reports with AMEX charge cards seem to be that points post a few days after close of SECOND statement.

I didn't know this before I applied for the card and it totally messed up transfer my plans . Now I'm having to go the Coupon Connection route.
Actually, nevermind, Datapoint:

Sent a SM regarding the points not posting and they wrote back with the following:

"You will be glad to know that we have already issued the 50,000 bonus points on your account.

However, these are currently in pending status on your account.

Ideally, these pending points should post to your account 7-10 days after your April 2013 statement closes (i.e, 7-10 days after 04/11/2013).

Since we value your membership with us, I have contacted my supervisor to get the points accelerated and have made 50,000 points available to you."
Old Mar 13, 2013, 4:42 pm

Originally Posted by nolimit186
Actually, nevermind, Datapoint:

Sent a SM regarding the points not posting and they wrote back with the following:

"You will be glad to know that we have already issued the 50,000 bonus points on your account.

However, these are currently in pending status on your account.

Ideally, these pending points should post to your account 7-10 days after your April 2013 statement closes (i.e, 7-10 days after 04/11/2013).

Since we value your membership with us, I have contacted my supervisor to get the points accelerated and have made 50,000 points available to you."
How nice that their response to my similar inquiry was that I'll "get my points 6-8 weeks after statement close date" (and the statement close is already 4 weeks from when I hit the spend) . I've been an American Express customer for eight years and for me they have always been American Slow when it comes to bonuses.
Old Mar 13, 2013, 8:57 pm

isnt the minimum spend $1k within 6 months?
Old Mar 14, 2013, 1:36 am
In Memoriam

Programs: Hertz 5 star, Priceline Hotel bidder. AA PLT, 1MM.
Originally Posted by ckosh
I tried to go to the credit site mentioned in post #1 but I get a message that it can't find me in the credit bureau so I'm not shown any offers. I do have my credit locked but I don't want to spend $10 on each of the 3 bureaus to unlock if there is a way to find out which one needs to be unlocked in order to just unlock one. Any way to find out?
AMEX almost always pull Experian.
Old Mar 14, 2013, 11:23 am

Programs: AA Gold, US Silver, Starwood Gold, Starbucks Gold
Out of curiousity, what are people putting on this card? Airfare and ice cream?
Old Mar 14, 2013, 11:26 am

Programs: Starwood Gold, US Air Gold
FYI, this now appears to be dead. I've tried a few times this morning with different names in different browsers and it is no longer coming up in the Creditmatch list.

Anyone else still seeing it? I would have liked to jump in, but it looks like I was too late.
Old Mar 14, 2013, 1:44 pm

Programs: US CP
Originally Posted by midnightinharlem
Out of curiousity, what are people putting on this card? Airfare and ice cream?
It is my go to for grocery stores. That is about it. Sometimes I mix it in for gas but usually prefer to use my INK card and I'd rather use my SP card and go through the Ultimate rewards portal to earn 4 total points for my airfare on travelocity.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.