Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

FHR Upgrades and Amenities [except Las Vegas] 2013 - 2016

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 16, 2015, 2:58 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: stimpy
FHR properties in Las Vegas are discussed HERE.

FHR is the American Express Fine Hotels and Resorts benefit program available with Centurion and Platinum charge cards.

Receive these complimentary benefits with each FINE HOTELS & RESORTS booking:
  • Noon check-In, when available
  • Room Upgrade upon arrival, when available*
  • Daily breakfast for two people
  • Guaranteed 4pm late checkout. Additional special benefit unique to each property, such as a $100 food and beverage credit or a massage for two people**

USA cardholder may book online at: americanexpress.com/fhr or call Platinum Travel Service at 1-800-525-3355. Cardholders from other countries can use the same website to see participating properties, but cannot view prices or book. In some countries FHR properties can be booked through the general American Express Travel site.

Per the T's and C's of FHR, you must pay with an American Express card when checking out of the hotel. However many front desk agents don't notice or care so it is possible, but not a guarantee, that you can pay with a non-Amex card.
Print Wikipost

FHR Upgrades and Amenities [except Las Vegas] 2013 - 2016

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29, 2016, 12:28 pm

Park Hyatt Seoul

Had a short stay at the Park Hyatt Seoul. Booked a resort park deluxe twin. No complimentary upgrade, but a suite was offered for cash. Apparently they don't offer upgrades to suites. The room was nice and view was great from the room. Did not have a chance to use the $100 spa credit. It was mentioned that the $100 spa credit could only be applied towards massages.

The included breakfast was ok - not as extensive as other hotels I've been to in Asia. Service was slow and they did not get my orders correct. It took 20 minutes to get my eggs. I suspect it was poor timing from their cooks - they brought them out with the waffles/french toast that was ordered and the eggs were probably done before that. Sitting on the hot plate for that long made my over easy eggs turn into over hard. The servers were really slow at taking away plates as well.

The view and room were nice but I don't think I would stay there again.
Old Nov 30, 2016, 2:10 pm

Programs: AA Million Miler, Mosaic, Delta Platinum
Excelsior Gallia Milan

Excelsior Gallia Milan

Stayed there for one night. Very stylish hotel -- looked old school classic from the outside but art deco modern on the inside. Mere steps from the train station so hugely convenient for this 18 hour stay. Four restaurants/bars to chose from.

85 Euro credit easily covered an early and good dinner
Breakfast buffet also covered and it's a winner
Did not need an early check in or late check out

On the bonus side, took the Maseratti house car to La Scala.

On the downside, no hot water for showers, etc. from check in through need to get ready for the concert. Said maintenance was working on it but it was still pretty iffy when we returned later that night. Hotel did not offer any compensation beyond apologies; said something about being able to get SPG points. Debating whether to follow up . . .
Old Dec 2, 2016, 11:24 pm

Programs: United PremPlat; M LT Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Spire A
Montreal Loews - FHR - double-dipping

Originally Posted by ABG
Does it double dip with Loews YouFirst program?
The 2-3 year construction project facing the hotel is a noise concern for week day stays for sure, but the dynamite blasting is done i'm told
Hello, I had two stays at Loews Montreal this year, first 2 nights in Spring and now for a day. The earlier was posted at YouFirst as a qualifying stay, but the most recent one not. Does anyone know whether I should try to correct it? Any other experiences? Thanks
Old Dec 10, 2016, 5:44 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Four Seasons - Hong Kong

Excellent stay at this property during week of Thanksgiving. FHR benefits fully acknowledged and explained at check-in.

- Upgraded from Deluxe Harbour View to Premier Deluxe Harbor (basically Premier is on higher floors)
- Full breakfast provided at your choice of "The Lounge" (ala carte) or "The Blue Bar" (buffet). We preferred Blue Bar and the buffet was actually very good. Service in the Blue Bar was exceptional, much warmer than "The Lounge" (though service was fine there, just not noteworthy)
- Late check-out offered, but not required
- $100 USD spa credit, which my wife used and very much enjoyed

Overall, this is a very nice property. It's well run, has top notch service, and is in a good location (Central). That said, on a return trip not sure we'd stay again. Why? This is a very large Four Seasons, ~400 rooms and it's attached to the IFC mall. It just always seemed noisy and quite chaotic in the lobby area, almost overrun with people, there were weddings, corporate events, auctions, etc. My wife and I generally prefer a little more "peace and quiet"

The one thing that might lure us back is that the pool area outside is exceptional (stunning views) so if there was very nice weather and we desired to do a bit of lounging about the pool I'd consider returning. Short of that, we may try LMO next time (or go back to the Kowloon side)

Regards
Old Dec 10, 2016, 10:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by scubadu
The one thing that might lure us back is that the pool area outside is exceptional (stunning views) so if there was very nice weather and we desired to do a bit of lounging about the pool I'd consider returning. Short of that, we may try LMO next time (or go back to the Kowloon side)
Thanks for the balanced review. I've always thought the same about this particular FS. But I can tell you the IC on the Kowloon side is excellent and has even better views the pool and of course from the harbor side rooms. That said, most of the really good hotels are kind of busy. The LMO in Central is an exception if you want peace and quite.
Old Dec 14, 2016, 10:07 am

Casa Angelina

Has anyone booked Casa Angelina in Italy on the Amalfi Coast through FHR? Would love to get some feedback from someone here that actually stayed there and what the FHR benefits entail.

Headed there June 2017 and really looking forward to the stay.

Thank you!
Old Dec 16, 2016, 8:57 am

Programs: AA PLT, 3MM, DL Plat, Hertz PC, SPG Gold
Le Meridien New Orleans

Stayed last week using FHR free 4th night.

--Minimal room upgrade to superior room......small room, but I knew that going in
--didn't use early check-in or late check-out
--used $100 amenity for dinner in LMNO restaurant....food and service were fine
--$60 per day "breakfast" credit was usable all day long at LMNO. I used 1/2 of the credit for breakfast and the other 1/2 for takeaway lunch.

all in all, i enjoyed my stay.....good value and for a solid hotel.
Old Dec 16, 2016, 6:06 pm

Programs: UA Silver
Ritz Carlton Lake Tahoe

Upgrade: from deluxe king to deluxe King mountainside view
Early checkin : Arrived 1230 and room ready at 1pm
Breakfast credit : $30 pp, not quite enough to cover entrée and beverage
Amenity : $100 credit for F&B or spa
Late checkout : used and probably the best value of FHR here as it allows a full day of skiing on day of checkout and return to room to freshen up and change prior to leaving
Old Dec 19, 2016, 1:51 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold; LEGO VIP, Amex Platinum, HHonors Gold
Royal Hawaiian Waikiki: Mailani Tower

Upgrade: From Low Floor Ocean Front room to High Floor Ocean Front Suite!
Early Checkin: Not Needed
Late Checkout: Not Needed
Amenity: $100 Property Credit used for dinner at Azure
Breakfast: Coupons for daily breakfast at Surf Lanai ($38 per person)
Free Night: 4th night free on a 5 night stay.

The Mailani Tower includes a light breakfast in their lounge, but I don't do gluten, so a bread-heavy breakfast doesn't work for me. It looked great there, but we took breakfast a few steps away in the restaurant on the beach. The buffet was great, and you also get a single a-la carte item per person. They also have gluten free toast available, but not at the buffet toast station.

There was construction of the restaurant starting during our stay.

Our FHR packet included the breakfast coupons, but not a FHR letter, nor the survey card.

The room upgrade was great! The Ocean Front Suite on the 16th floor wraps around the end of the building, and has a window on the back of the tower for views over the city as well as being oceanfront.

Being on Waikiki beach can be loud though, and the noise from the beach was surprisingly loud even on the 16th floor, even with the doors closed.

I do like the Mailani Tower, as this is the only part of the hotel with lanais (except for the very large suites in the historic part of the hotel)

The evening lounge service was great. Free wine and bubbly and a beer choice too - the beer was possibly the best choice there. Some light snacks too, which actually worked well for us. It was busy every evening there, but not so busy that seats weren't available. During our stay - on December 15 - the ending time changed from 8pm to 7:30pm. I don't know if this is a seasonal change, or a permanent one.
Old Dec 23, 2016, 12:28 pm

Any recent stays at The Berkeley?
Old Jan 10, 2017, 7:14 pm
mia
Original Poster

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Moderator action

Newer reports are here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...las-vegas.html

Last edited by mia; Jan 10, 2017 at 7:24 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.