Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

40% bonus on transfer of MR (USA) to BA thru 9/27/2012

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

40% bonus on transfer of MR (USA) to BA thru 9/27/2012

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17, 2012, 1:59 pm
mia
Flyertalk Posting Legend Moderator: Credit Card Programs, American Express, Capital One, Chase, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures.

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by mia
Yes, but the UK promotional schedule is completely unrelated to the USA schedule.
Originally Posted by alanjrobertson
and so far I think has just consisted of one offer a couple of years back!
A targeted version of the offer is reported in the UK. See this thread in the BAEC forum:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...ll-31-oct.html
Old Sep 17, 2012, 3:22 pm

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by mia
A targeted version of the offer is reported in the UK. See this thread in the BAEC forum:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...ll-31-oct.html
Interesting, I hadn't seen that thread. I can see the banner ad referred to, although it still quotes a 1:1 transfer ratio when you click through!
Old Sep 17, 2012, 3:42 pm

Programs: SPG - Gold, Delta - Silver
The cool thing about using BA Avios for AA flights is that Priority AAcess is included free on each ticket. Priority Access allows a traveler to go through expedited check-in and security as well as being one of the first groups to board.

In addition, it seems when using BA Avios for other partner airlines, the fare class is higher than the lowest tier. For instance, I was able to use BA Avios for an Air Berlin flight (IBZ-PMI & PMI-BCN for 4,500 avios each) and the first checked bag was included! Thats a big deal when flying intra europe on discount carriers. Appearently my ticket was booked as a "fly classic" which is a step above their heavily discounted fare class.

Using BA Avios for trips to Europe are awful but anywhere else are amazing. Now with a 40% bonus, its even cheaper to fly. I just priced a JFK-SJU flight for mid January and it came out to be 10,000 Avios each way. With the 40% bonus, that makes it like 7,000 Avios to fly to PR in the dead of winter.

Lastly, those with AMEX Plat cards can point advance up to 60K points. That would net 84K avios - Good for 2 round trips to Hawaii and some left over for short hops across the US.
Old Sep 17, 2012, 4:27 pm

Originally Posted by BankofGreed
The cool thing about using BA Avios for AA flights is that Priority AAcess is included free on each ticket. Priority Access allows a traveler to go through expedited check-in and security as well as being one of the first groups to board.
That is a very nice feature. Can anybody else confirm?
Old Sep 17, 2012, 5:57 pm

Originally Posted by TAHKUCT
I have flown both domestically and internationally on AA using BA Avios and each and every time I have gotten priority AAccess. The only thing you wont get his first checked bag for free.
Old Sep 17, 2012, 7:14 pm

Originally Posted by BankofGreed
I have flown both domestically and internationally on AA using BA Avios and each and every time I have gotten priority AAccess. The only thing you wont get his first checked bag for free.
I always try to have a carry on and do not check my luggage, so this should be fine.
Old Sep 22, 2012, 10:09 am

Programs: SEN LH Hyatt Globalist AA EXP
Originally Posted by TAHKUCT
Confirmed, it happened to me twice with AA
Old Sep 22, 2012, 5:11 pm

Originally Posted by afmiami
Confirmed, it happened to me twice with AA
Great. Flying AA tomorrow AM
Old Sep 22, 2012, 5:47 pm

Just did online check in and boarding pass shows priority access :-)
Old Sep 24, 2012, 10:45 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum, AA 1MM Lifetime Gold, JetBlue Mosaic (sometimes)
Personally, I will be holding all of those Business Gold bonus points for the next time they bonus Delta (I hope it happens soon). I know, lots of you hate Skymiles, but they go a really long way on Air France and KLM (assuming you don't expect their partners to actually honor your confirmed seat). Even if the bonus doesn't come, with all the points I currently have on AA (and BA) and not knowing how long this pilot issue will last...
Old Sep 26, 2012, 12:00 pm
Original Poster

Tomorrow's the last day. If you're waiting for either your bonus or regular spend miles to post in your AMEX account in order to make the transfer, it seems that if you've paid off the bill, you can call AMEX and if you reach an on-shore CSR they will expedite your mr points posting and also help you transfer them to BA. YMMV.
Old Sep 27, 2012, 10:07 am

Programs: everything
Everytime I try transferring Amex MR to Avios today, the message comes like below at the final step. Did anyone transfer this today?

WE'RE SORRY

We apologize for the inconvenience, the system is currently unavailable. Please try your request again by refreshing the page.

If you require further assistance please call Membership Rewards Customer Service at 1-800-AXP-EARN (297-3276).
Old Sep 27, 2012, 10:53 am

Originally Posted by barefootist
Everytime I try transferring Amex MR to Avios today, the message comes like below at the final step. Did anyone transfer this today?

WE'RE SORRY

We apologize for the inconvenience, the system is currently unavailable. Please try your request again by refreshing the page.

If you require further assistance please call Membership Rewards Customer Service at 1-800-AXP-EARN (297-3276).
I have been getting the same message for the past few days. Had to call and transfer went through instantly.
Old Sep 27, 2012, 1:54 pm

Originally Posted by GoGreen
Tomorrow's the last day. If you're waiting for either your bonus or regular spend miles to post in your AMEX account in order to make the transfer, it seems that if you've paid off the bill, you can call AMEX and if you reach an on-shore CSR they will expedite your mr points posting and also help you transfer them to BA. YMMV.
Dont forget that you can borrow additional MR points should you be a little short. The max to borrow is 15,000 if you have a gold card and 60,000 if you are a plat card holder. You have to call and ask to borrow the points as the online option is no longer available.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.