Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Report Centurion "WOW" Offers, Invites, Gifts

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6, 2012, 9:04 am

Programs: AA2, DL2, Amtrak2, US2, SPG1, MAR2
Originally Posted by buffcoat
I got an expensive-looking box that told me I could buy some $400 Sony headphones.

I did say "wow," I guess.
Worst waste-of-postage in AXP history.
Old Oct 6, 2012, 10:18 am

I received a black Centurion envelope today and was excited to open and find out if I was going to have the chance for two nights in Paris, or something equally enjoyable. Unfortunately, it was just an announcement about the wine club they are launching.
Old Oct 6, 2012, 2:22 pm
In memoriam
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SusanDK
I received a black Centurion envelope today and was excited to open and find out if I was going to have the chance for two nights in Paris, or something equally enjoyable. Unfortunately, it was just an announcement about the wine club they are launching.
Saw the wine club thing here too.
Old Oct 6, 2012, 2:35 pm

Originally Posted by pnoeric
yup.......
Old Oct 6, 2012, 2:40 pm

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Platinum, HH Diamond, Hertz PC,
Not had that yet but guess only a matter of time ......
Old Oct 8, 2012, 5:15 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Marriott Plat, Hertz Pres
So a friend of mine today sent me a picture of his newest gift from Amex, a $5k gift card for Hermes. Now im not one to question my friends, but ive never seen or heard of Centurion gifts going that high. Now his family does spend a lot (im talking their net worth is close to the big B mark....) with monthly spend upto the multi-million range, so i guess its possible amex scales it up for customers on that tier? Can anyone confirm this theory?

Last edited by xolinlevh; Oct 8, 2012 at 5:35 pm
Old Oct 8, 2012, 5:31 pm

Originally Posted by xolinlevh
So a friend of mine today sent me a picture of his newest gift from Amex, a $5k gift card for Hermes. Now im not one to question my friends, but ive never seen or heard of Centurion gifts going that high. Now his family does spend a lot (im talking their net worth is close to the big B mark....) with monthly spend in the multi-million range, so i guess its possible amex scales it up for customers on that tier? Can anyone confirm this theory?
...is your friend US-based?
Old Oct 8, 2012, 5:33 pm

Originally Posted by DrivingRain
...is your friend US-based?
Yes
Old Oct 8, 2012, 5:33 pm
In memoriam
Original Poster

Originally Posted by xolinlevh
So a friend of mine today sent me a picture of his newest gift from Amex, a $5k gift card for Hermes. Now im not one to question my friends, but ive never seen or heard of Centurion gifts going that high. Now his family does spend a lot (im talking their net worth is close to the big B mark....) with monthly spend in the multi-million range, so i guess its possible amex scales it up for customers on that tier? Can anyone confirm this theory?
I can't confirm anything, but if their monthly speed is over a million bucks, I'm surprised the gift card was only $5k!
Old Oct 8, 2012, 5:42 pm

I can't confirm anything, but if their monthly speed is over a million bucks, I'm surprised the gift card was only $5k!
well, not positive if the spend is consistantly that high, but his family drops money like no ones business....25k here, 100k here, 600k here, 9m there... Never wanted to stick my nose in their finances but i assume a huge portion goes via amex

Last edited by xolinlevh; Oct 8, 2012 at 5:49 pm
Old Oct 8, 2012, 6:51 pm

Programs: AA Exp, UA PP, IC Diamond, HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Centurion
Originally Posted by JohnRain
Did someone outside the UK already receive this?
Yes, I got it in Australia, but only 8 different Shangri La properties available.
Paris, Vancouver, Hong Kong, Beijing, Shanghai, Maldives, Singapore, Tokyo.

What are the other 4 properties available in the UK?

I want a 5k Hermes gift card too! The annual fee in Australia is the highest in the world (>5k US$) and we never get any of these fancy gifts.
Old Oct 8, 2012, 8:33 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP 75K, Delta Plat, Bonvoy Ambasador, Hilton diamond.
I believe the $5k Hermes gift card...I've gotten $1000 "no string" gift cards for spas & hotels, a few times over the years with low 7 digit annual spend. The individualized gifts I've received tend to be facilitated via centurion concierge. I got mailers that ask you to call concierge to set up a getaway weekend...spa weekend...etc...gift card is then held under your name @ reception based on what you planned.

...on a side note, I got the wine club mailer. Lame is putting it mildly. I figured it was a gift...or hotel wow offer. As someone put it earlier, waste of postage.
Old Oct 9, 2012, 12:51 am

Programs: Disillusioned Cent
Originally Posted by DUflyer
Yes, I got it in Australia, but only 8 different Shangri La properties available.
Paris, Vancouver, Hong Kong, Beijing, Shanghai, Maldives, Singapore, Tokyo.

What are the other 4 properties available in the UK?

I want a 5k Hermes gift card too! The annual fee in Australia is the highest in the world (>5k US$) and we never get any of these fancy gifts.

Thanks for your feedback DUflyer. I certainly feel your pain as the Swiss Cent card is among the most expensive in the world as well at 4300 CHF (4600 USD) and we never got any gift cards either. In fact, even the Shangri-La offer hasn't been extended (yet) and, most important of all, Switzerland has been carefully left out of the Marco Polo Diamond offer, which is obviously a huge drawback.
Old Oct 9, 2012, 5:19 am

Programs: UA/EK(Gold) CX(Diamond) Marriott Gold Accor Platinum Hilton Diamond Shangri-la Jade
Not sure if someone else has already posted it, there's the $1000 per couple discount for Eastern and Orient Express and the Royal Scotsman from memory. Expires either March or June next year.
Old Oct 9, 2012, 10:24 am

got an email today regards the $500 Shangri-La credit, it looks like a system-wide promotion.

"Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts are legendary, renowned worldwide for their hospitality and timeless luxury. We are delighted to bring you a US$500 credit towards your next stay in a Horizon Room (or equivalent) in one of nine participating Shangri-La Hotels around the world. For example, the majestic Shangri-La Hotel, Paris, the only hotel in the City of Lights to boast two Michelin-starred restaurants of its own, will welcome you with a flexible US$500 credit to put towards your stay in addition to all your additional Fine Hotels & Resorts benefits. Applicable for bookings made on your Centurion Card and stays between 1 October 2012 and 31 March 2013 (blackout dates apply)."

t&cs:
Shangri-La
This exclusive offer is valid for bookings and stays between 1 October 2012 and 31 March 2013 inclusive. Stays must be completed by 31 March 2013. Limited to one redemption per Centurion account. Reservations are subject to availability and must be made in advance through Centurion Travel prior to arrival. The US$500 credit is to be spent on one hotel stay when the guest is booking Horizon Club Rooms and above. For hotels that do not have Horizon Club, the credit can be applied to any room category. Nine participating hotels include ISLAND SHANGRI-LA, HONG KONG; PUDONG SHANGRI-LA, EAST SHANGHAI; SHANGRI-LA HOTEL, PARIS; SHANGRI-LA HOTEL, SINGAPORE; SHANGRI-LA HOTEL, SYDNEY; SHANGRI-LA HOTEL, TOKYO; SHANGRI-LA HOTEL, VANCOUVER; SHANGRI-LA'S VILLINGILI RESORT AND SPA, MALDIVES. Blackout dates apply: Shangri-La Sydney – 29 December 2012 to 2 January 2013 inclusive; Island Shangri-La Hong Kong – 18 March to 24 March 2013 inclusive; Shangri-La Paris – 5-6 October 2012 inclusive, 28 December 2012 to 1 January 2013 inclusive, and 21-22 January 2013 inclusive, Shangri-La Tokyo 10-15 October 2012 inclusive. This offer is not valid for groups or conventions and may not be combined with any other offer. US$500 credit will be deducted at time of check-out from the Centurion member's bill and no refund will be given to any unused portion of the credit. Offer is non-transferable and may not be redeemed for cash. Payment for the reservation must be made with a Centurion Card under the member's name. Offer is valid for new bookings only. Credit cannot be used towards purchases at the Shangri-La Gift Shops. Normal hotel cancellation policies will apply according to the booking conditions. Certain restrictions apply. Only one credit per stay. Back to back bookings are considered one stay.

Last edited by ysb41; Oct 9, 2012 at 10:44 am Reason: add t&cs

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.