Wiki Posts
Search

Report Centurion "WOW" Offers, Invites, Gifts

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2012, 6:48 pm
In memoriam
Original Poster

Arrow Report Centurion "WOW" Offers, Invites, Gifts

Typically, about once per year, we get an incredible hotel offer from the Centurion card-- for example, a free night at the Montage Resort in Beverly Hills or Laguna Beach plus $500 resort credit (amazing), or a highly discounted room rate at the Aria (Las Vegas) plus a $500 resort credit-- very good considering the room rate is ~$129 and you can apply the credit to pay it.

Anyhow, we just learned that these are called "WOW promotions" and there's apparently a "whole bunch of them going on," according to the rep we just talked to at AmEx travel. (We were also told that people find out about them via targeted mailings, but when we have called to book the opportunities that we were invited to, nobody's ever asked us about the mailings or if we had an invitation.)

Anyone else know about these WOW promotions-- or have you heard of others happening right now? How can we find out about more of these?
Old Feb 12, 2012, 7:35 pm

Programs: AC-SE, CX-DM, DL-G, Hyatt-DM, Hilton-DM, Fairmont-Plt, Marriott-S, Accor-Plt, SPG-G, IHG-Plt
One that is still going on until the end of this month is this.
Old Feb 12, 2012, 8:30 pm
In memoriam
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jarusoba
Excellent, thanks. Yes, this is the kind of stuff that I want to find out about :-)
Old Feb 13, 2012, 5:45 am

Wow.

I've never heard of these, nor received one, but would love to hear about them in case it would be possible to book it even without being targeted.

Thanks!
Old Feb 13, 2012, 9:31 am

Programs: Amex Centurion, Delta Platinum, US Air Platinum, AA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by jarusoba
Is this good for US Centurion?
Old Feb 13, 2012, 2:31 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP 75K, Delta Plat, Bonvoy Ambasador, Hilton diamond.
2 free nights @ shangri la asian properties

I received a mailing a few weeks ago for 2 free nights at 20+ selected shangri la properties in Asia + $100 credit per night (nights can be booked at separate properties).

Just to clarify...this is 2 nights total...not 2 nights per property.

This is on a US Biz Centurion account.
Old Feb 13, 2012, 6:20 pm
In memoriam
Original Poster

Originally Posted by parpar22
Is this good for US Centurion?
FWIW I called about that offer (free night @ Waldorf or Conrad) and the (U.S.) agent didn't know anything about it, and they searched around for 30 minutes then called back and said they still couldn't find anything. Maybe because it seemed to be targeted to U.K. members?

In any case-- this would be a great thread for us to share other good offers we get...

Originally Posted by bubu-SNA
I received a mailing a few weeks ago for 2 free nights at 20+ selected shangri la properties in Asia + $100 credit per night (nights can be booked at separate properties).

...like this offer. Very good deal! Maybe there needs to be an Asia trip coming up :-) Was there an offer code or anything else with it?

I'll be happy to share when we get another good offer here...

best
E
Old Feb 13, 2012, 6:49 pm

Programs: Centurion, Lan Platinum, ANA Mileage Club, HHonors D, SPG G
I recently used the one free night offer at Tokyo Conrad with no glitches. Got some HHonors points and AA miles for the stay too without paying a single penny for the stay. Was upgraded to a suite upon checkin as I was a diamond HHonors member from Centurion. Welcome chocolates were also given .
Old Feb 13, 2012, 7:17 pm

Programs: AC-SE, CX-DM, DL-G, Hyatt-DM, Hilton-DM, Fairmont-Plt, Marriott-S, Accor-Plt, SPG-G, IHG-Plt
Originally Posted by bubu-SNA

This would be a good one. I have one or two Asia trips per month coming up until the Summer. I don't know if it's available in Canada or not. I'll try to book some nights with it.
Old Feb 13, 2012, 7:19 pm

Originally Posted by chinatown
I recently used the one free night offer at Tokyo Conrad with no glitches. Got some HHonors points and AA miles for the stay too without paying a single penny for the stay. Was upgraded to a suite upon checkin as I was a diamond HHonors member from Centurion. Welcome chocolates were also given .
I used it in TYO as well. No suite for us. They were all sold out when we were there. But we had a nice room facing the harbor.

Can't complain since this didn't cost us a dime!
Old Feb 14, 2012, 11:53 am

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
This offer for UK Plats was also referred to by PTS (and SPG in the booking) as WOW...
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...-targeted.html
Old Feb 15, 2012, 2:23 pm

Programs: LY Plat, AF Gold, Cathay Emerald, Hertz Pres, Avis Pres, Sixt Plat, *wood Gold, Hilton Diamond, ...
Centurion Invites, gifts, offers

We get some invites to the gallery auto show in Detroit, a free night at the waldorfs or Conrad, 1000 euros gift card at arije in France, a 500 usd gift card at tori bush in the us and many other invites, gift cards, offers, etc... It is often targeted but in reality we usually can access those offers even if not targeted.
But we have to know that they occur and in which country, so please post them here for other cardholders who may have not heard about them yet.
Old Feb 15, 2012, 2:38 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Moderator action

I have added Ruben5b's question to the very similar thread started by pnoeric three days previously.
Old Feb 16, 2012, 7:15 am

Programs: CENTURION, SPG-Gold, HH-Diamond, ANA-SFC, JAL-JGC, MX-Diamond, LHW Access, CLUB 5C, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by pnoeric
FWIW I called about that offer (free night @ Waldorf or Conrad) and the (U.S.) agent didn't know anything about it, and they searched around for 30 minutes then called back and said they still couldn't find anything. Maybe because it seemed to be targeted to U.K. members?

best
E
Hi,
This offer was not U.K members. I had received it as well. Hong Kong members received it too.

Thanks,
masahiro
Old Mar 9, 2012, 4:36 pm
In memoriam
Original Poster

Originally Posted by masahiro
Hi,
This offer was not U.K members. I had received it as well. Hong Kong members received it too.

Thanks,
masahiro
Thanks for letting us know. I suspect a lot of these deals are international, which is better for everyone...

Originally Posted by Ruben5b
We get some invites to the gallery auto show in Detroit, a free night at the waldorfs or Conrad, 1000 euros gift card at arije in France, a 500 usd gift card at tori bush in the us and many other invites, gift cards, offers, etc... It is often targeted but in reality we usually can access those offers even if not targeted.
But we have to know that they occur and in which country, so please post them here for other cardholders who may have not heard about them yet.
Definitely-- let's use this thread as the place to share 'em.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.