Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Report Centurion "WOW" Offers, Invites, Gifts

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2013, 2:06 am

Programs: Centurion, Lan Platinum, ANA Mileage Club, HHonors D, SPG G
Originally Posted by 22cents
ME TOO ... only gave me the interior Deluxe room which was absolutely not deluxe at all. Terrible reception service which made me feel I am begging something from HIM ... pass me something to read and ask me to read it myself and without any explanation.
Just stayed at three peninsula's in the past week or so, just sharing my thoughts:

I didn't even get the one category upgrade at the Peninsula in New York. It was basically a crap room on the sixth floor. Cannot fathom what sucker would pay $895 for that room as that's the price it goes for. Completely unimpressed with the Peninsula in NY. Check in was slow, did not get the room i requested with two beds and they tried to force an upgrade on me for $200 to a room which had two beds without even exploring the option of adding a roller bed onto my existing reservation. I had to ask for that myself and tell them to make an exception. Come on guys, this isn't a Hilton we're talking about. These guys are supposed to be the upper echelon of hotels.

Same goes for Chicago. Great address, but nothing out of the ordinary. a very plain Jane stay in a plain Jane room. I'd punch myself in the face before spending $395 for this room to be honest.

Conversely, the Pen in Tokyo was amazing as always. Staff are attentive on the ball. The rooms were well equipped and comfortable.

Contemplating doing a China + Bangkok trip to round out the free night offers!
Old Oct 24, 2013, 3:01 am

Programs: Usual Amex Cent. GGL.
Got the RoadMaster jacket. Some nice changes to the cut make it actually quite attractive. The salesperson was amused by how many Cents (I prefer Tits but Cents seems to be preferred here - especially as I got a Tit for my primary Supp so I could refer to them as my TitSupp) they'd had in since the offer was introduced.

I was tempted by one or two of the jumpers but > £300 for a jumper one had to dry clean seemed like a PITA.

First time I've actually been able to use an XMas WOW on myself. Last two years have been spent on my partner.
Old Oct 24, 2013, 5:03 am

Programs: AC-SE, CX-DM, DL-G, Hyatt-DM, Hilton-DM, Fairmont-Plt, Marriott-S, Accor-Plt, SPG-G, IHG-Plt
Originally Posted by chinatown
Just stayed at three peninsula's in the past week or so, just sharing my thoughts:
Do you have a few different Centurion accounts? I thought the T&C says one one offer per Basic card member.

Last edited by mia; Oct 24, 2013 at 9:51 am Reason: Prune quotation
Old Oct 24, 2013, 12:43 pm

Programs: AA UA DL AS CXDM JL NH Hilton Hyatt Marriott SPG IHG
A thank you from centurion, with 50,000 bonus membership rewards points

Just received this email offer from the ICC Centurion. It looks too good to be true if I understand it correctly. 50k points for just $1 spend before end of Nov'13.

Called the CS line and they did not have a clue what this is.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A THANK YOU FROM CENTURION, WITH 50,000 BONUS MEMBERSHIP REWARDS POINTS

Centurion from American Express® are pleased to offer you the chance to earn 50,000 bonus Membership Rewards® Points, when you register one transaction, at any merchant, before 30 November 2013. The transaction must be at least $1 in value on your International Dollar Card Account.

Terms and conditions

1.Offer available for International Dollar Centurion Members who register one transaction, at any merchant, before 30 November 2013. The transaction must be at least $1 in value on your International Dollar Card Account. To be eligible the Cardmember should not unsubscribe from the Centurion Rewards programme. 50,000 Membership Rewards Points will be credited to qualifying accounts, within 8 weeks of the campaign end date.

2. Membership Rewards bonus will be removed if the only eligible transaction within the campaign period is reversed/refunded.
Old Oct 25, 2013, 12:05 am

Programs: BA Gold, SPG Plat - Ambassador Managed, VS Gold, Krisflyer Silver, Hilton HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by AmexCent
Just received this email offer from the ICC Centurion. It looks too good to be true if I understand it correctly. 50k points for just $1 spend before end of Nov'13.

Called the CS line and they did not have a clue what this is.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A THANK YOU FROM CENTURION, WITH 50,000 BONUS MEMBERSHIP REWARDS POINTS

Centurion from American Express® are pleased to offer you the chance to earn 50,000 bonus Membership Rewards® Points, when you register one transaction, at any merchant, before 30 November 2013. The transaction must be at least $1 in value on your International Dollar Card Account.

Terms and conditions

1.Offer available for International Dollar Centurion Members who register one transaction, at any merchant, before 30 November 2013. The transaction must be at least $1 in value on your International Dollar Card Account. To be eligible the Cardmember should not unsubscribe from the Centurion Rewards programme. 50,000 Membership Rewards Points will be credited to qualifying accounts, within 8 weeks of the campaign end date.

2. Membership Rewards bonus will be removed if the only eligible transaction within the campaign period is reversed/refunded.

That really is a "WOW" offer.

Now for us UK cents please?
Old Oct 25, 2013, 12:25 am
JK

Programs: BA Gold / OnBusiness, SPG Lifetime Plat 100, AmEx Centurion & BAPP, Superking Westin Heavenly Bed :)
Originally Posted by Seshy

+1 !

Somehow, I don't think we'll be so lucky!
Old Oct 25, 2013, 4:36 am

Originally Posted by Seshy

Or how about us US Cents?

UK/IDC Cents already get a 100,000 MR bonus for $100,000 spend each year that I wish US Cents would get.
Old Oct 25, 2013, 4:39 am

Programs: SPG-Plat, Hilton-Diamond, Club Carlson-Silver, Cathay-Diamond, Virgin-Gold
Originally Posted by SusanDK
Or how about us US Cents?

UK/IDC Cents already get a 100,000 MR bonus for $100,000 spend each year that I wish US Cents would get.
What is the 100,000 bonus point for exactly, spend on the IDC card or any Cent spend in the UK, never heard of this before?

Thanks
Old Oct 25, 2013, 4:41 am
JK

Programs: BA Gold / OnBusiness, SPG Lifetime Plat 100, AmEx Centurion & BAPP, Superking Westin Heavenly Bed :)
I've never heard of that either! It's certainly not hit my account anyway, or being mentioned anywhere else. It's absolutely welcome it though.

Could you share where you find this, or saw it?
Old Oct 25, 2013, 5:04 am

I've read it here on FT and have also had it confirmed by members who receive it.

My understanding is that IDC Cents get an automatic extra 100,000 Membership Rewards points if they charge more than $100,000 in a calendar year.

Sorry, I will need to do some searches to try to find where it has been posted here in the past (and don't have time right now), or perhaps one of the members who has benefited from this will chime in with more details.

I have personally not received it because I dropped my IDC Cent some years ago and, IIRC, it was introduced after the IDC Cent fee increased from $1,000 to $2,800 per year.

I want to say that I saw it in the IDC Cent private website when I still had access to it, but my memory may not be correct.
Old Oct 26, 2013, 9:53 am

Programs: AA UA DL AS CXDM JL NH Hilton Hyatt Marriott SPG IHG
I've read it here on FT and have also had it confirmed by members who receive it.

My understanding is that IDC Cents get an automatic extra 100,000 Membership Rewards points if they charge more than $100,000 in a calendar year.

Sorry, I will need to do some searches to try to find where it has been posted here in the past (and don't have time right now), or perhaps one of the members who has benefited from this will chime in with more details.

I have personally not received it because I dropped my IDC Cent some years ago and, IIRC, it was introduced after the IDC Cent fee increased from $1,000 to $2,800 per year.

I want to say that I saw it in the IDC Cent private website when I still had access to it, but my memory may not be correct.
I can confirm this. It's listed on the IDC Cent website and printed on the statement almost every month.

__________________________________________________ _____
Your Membership Rewards Bonus

Receive a single bonus of 100,000 Membership Rewards points when total Card expenditure exceeds US$/€100,000 in one year.
Once each year, receive a bonus 100,000 Membership Rewards points when you spend US$/€100,000 on your Card. This can be used for anything in the programme, such as flights or Gift Cards at your favourite store.
Old Oct 26, 2013, 3:39 pm

Programs: Centurion, Lan Platinum, ANA Mileage Club, HHonors D, SPG G
Originally Posted by jarusoba
Do you have a few different Centurion accounts? I thought the T&C says one one offer per Basic card member.
The offer you're thinking of is different than the offer I used.

The offer you're thinking of is the comp night with all the bells and whistles included (i.e. FHR credit, breakfast and late checkout)- this expired on Sept 30 iirc, and was indeed for one property only.

The deal I used was the new offer (after hiking our annual fee twofold), where Cent members are entitled to a comp night at each Peninsula hotel (minus HK for me since I'm based there) without any bells and whistles/perks/upgrades.
Old Oct 27, 2013, 4:14 am

Programs: Amex Cent, Hilton Diamond, CX Gold
Originally Posted by chinatown

I didn't even get the one category upgrade at the Peninsula in New York. It was basically a crap room on the sixth floor. Cannot fathom what sucker would pay $895 for that room as that's the price it goes for. Completely unimpressed with the Peninsula in NY. Check in was slow, did not get the room i requested with two beds and they tried to force an upgrade on me for $200 to a room which had two beds without even exploring the option of adding a roller bed onto my existing reservation. I had to ask for that myself and tell them to make an exception. Come on guys, this isn't a Hilton we're talking about. These guys are supposed to be the upper echelon of hotels.

Same goes for Chicago. Great address, but nothing out of the ordinary. a very plain Jane stay in a plain Jane room. I'd punch myself in the face before spending $395 for this room to be honest.

Conversely, the Pen in Tokyo was amazing as always. Staff are attentive on the ball. The rooms were well equipped and comfortable.

Contemplating doing a China + Bangkok trip to round out the free night offers!
The one I use is the 1 from 6, so I still have one more night there until the next July, just treat it as the Hilton or even the Garden Inn then you will have no disappointment.

Will use the 1 of 6 next month in Tokyo and confirmed a deluxe room (one up from the superior) - let see... and as you said room only, no breakfast, no USD$100 ... without all FHR benefits.
Old Oct 27, 2013, 4:33 am

Programs: some blue some silver some gold
Originally Posted by 22cents
The one I use is the 1 from 6, so I still have one more night there until the next July, just treat it as the Hilton or even the Garden Inn then you will have no disappointment.

Will use the 1 of 6 next month in Tokyo and confirmed a deluxe room (one up from the superior) - let see... and as you said room only, no breakfast, no USD$100 ... without all FHR benefits.
This is the first I am hearing of such an offer - is it only for HK based Cents?
Old Oct 27, 2013, 7:22 am

Programs: Amex Cent, Hilton Diamond, CX Gold
Originally Posted by dhoward
This is the first I am hearing of such an offer - is it only for HK based Cents?
YES HK Cent but bear in mind this offer is after our annual fee jump from HK$19,800 (USD2,500) to HK$38,800 (USD5,000) and we don't have the CX offer anymore.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.