FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Report Centurion "WOW" Offers, Invites, Gifts
Old Oct 27, 2013, 4:14 am
22cents

Programs: Amex Cent, Hilton Diamond, CX Gold
Originally Posted by chinatown
Just stayed at three peninsula's in the past week or so, just sharing my thoughts:

I didn't even get the one category upgrade at the Peninsula in New York. It was basically a crap room on the sixth floor. Cannot fathom what sucker would pay $895 for that room as that's the price it goes for. Completely unimpressed with the Peninsula in NY. Check in was slow, did not get the room i requested with two beds and they tried to force an upgrade on me for $200 to a room which had two beds without even exploring the option of adding a roller bed onto my existing reservation. I had to ask for that myself and tell them to make an exception. Come on guys, this isn't a Hilton we're talking about. These guys are supposed to be the upper echelon of hotels.

Same goes for Chicago. Great address, but nothing out of the ordinary. a very plain Jane stay in a plain Jane room. I'd punch myself in the face before spending $395 for this room to be honest.

Conversely, the Pen in Tokyo was amazing as always. Staff are attentive on the ball. The rooms were well equipped and comfortable.

Contemplating doing a China + Bangkok trip to round out the free night offers!
The one I use is the 1 from 6, so I still have one more night there until the next July, just treat it as the Hilton or even the Garden Inn then you will have no disappointment.

Will use the 1 of 6 next month in Tokyo and confirmed a deluxe room (one up from the superior) - let see... and as you said room only, no breakfast, no USD$100 ... without all FHR benefits.