Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Las Vegas Hotels - FHR experience [2010 -2014]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2012, 4:16 pm

Originally Posted by CloudsBelow
You could have read up thread and answered your questions . . . Mentioned more than a couple times
I found the offer on here at the same time I booked my accommodation with PTS. It must have just come out as they were unaware of the offer and had to check the details and get back to me. They got back to me, but obviously with the incorrect info (as were other UK members on here - http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/18591646-post200.html). I'm not too fussed though as I got a very cheap rate for the Encore.

Unfortunately I have to trust PTS more than what I read on here. At least if something isn't right, I have a leg to stand on then. But it's not the first time I have been misinformed by PTS.

It would be a million times more helpful if these offers we're viewable on the UK site (with T&Cs) as soon as they come out. It's taken two months for AMEX UK to send the offer out to customers which is pretty poor seeing as we're half way through the offer now.

Last edited by MoneyBagger; Jul 8, 2012 at 4:22 pm Reason: Adding a bit extra
Old Jul 9, 2012, 8:16 am

Programs: AMEX Platinum, Visa Signature, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by edgewood49
And all the Legionnaires D you want !!!!!
Way to reference something that happened one time a year ago. What a dumb post. Aria is a fantastic property.
Old Jul 9, 2012, 10:14 am

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by Universal
Way to reference something that happened one time a year ago. What a dumb post. Aria is a fantastic property.
Let's not get personal this site is for everyone's opinion.

I could retort about your view of the Aria but I can tell you that many business people like myself have stopped staying there. great for tourist but____
Old Jul 9, 2012, 8:28 pm

So what is the best deal out there right now, considering the value of the additional benefits in comparison to the cost of the room?
Old Jul 10, 2012, 3:47 am

Originally Posted by kaigoss69
So what is the best deal out there right now, considering the value of the additional benefits in comparison to the cost of the room?
Unless you have an intl/non-US platinum card, I don't think you will be able to get the Aria $500 offer.

That leaves the normal FHR hotels - the best hotels imo are MO/FS/Wynn/Encore (room quality/service/breakfast/facilities).

Usually one FHR hotel is doing a third or fourth night free (Wynn was doing this recently) - worth ringing AMEX to see what the latest offers/rates are.
Old Jul 12, 2012, 3:58 pm

Programs: AC*E50, SPG/Marriott Plat
Will be at LV in September for a convention and trying to decide which hotel book.
With FHR the following are in my price range :
THEhotel 125$ +tx+resort fee
FS 219$+tx+resort fee
Venetian 199$+tx+resort fee
Others are above 300$...
However with the convention prices I can have Encore or The Cosmopolitan for 199$ (but without FHR perks of course...)
What would be your advices ?
Old Jul 14, 2012, 3:36 pm

Originally Posted by Yul_voyager
Will be at LV in September for a convention and trying to decide which hotel book.
With FHR the following are in my price range :
THEhotel 125$ +tx+resort fee
FS 219$+tx+resort fee
Venetian 199$+tx+resort fee
Others are above 300$...
However with the convention prices I can have Encore or The Cosmopolitan for 199$ (but without FHR perks of course...)
What would be your advices ?
What r u looking for? Is it your money? Do u gamble?
Old Jul 15, 2012, 9:09 am

Programs: AC*E50, SPG/Marriott Plat
What r u looking for? Is it your money? Do u gamble?
Yes it is my money and and don't really gamble...
I am looking for the best hotel value I can have (comfort, view, pool, spa, dining and breakfast...) for a reasonable price (not much above 200$...)
Old Jul 15, 2012, 3:55 pm

Of your choices FS, no question. As others state, sometimes agent view more availability in LAS than the website. But to me it's not worth the pain. FS is pretty consistent and you will get the benes without any games.
Old Jul 15, 2012, 4:37 pm

Programs: AA Million Miler, Mosaic, Delta Platinum
I agree with PHLbuddy
Old Jul 15, 2012, 8:43 pm

Originally Posted by Yul_voyager
Yes it is my money and and don't really gamble...
I am looking for the best hotel value I can have (comfort, view, pool, spa, dining and breakfast...) for a reasonable price (not much above 200$...)
I'd say your best value is THEhotel .... $125 rate is great ... $40 in FHR food / day, 725-775 ft2 suite, very nice pool, 50 min massage for $50 ( incl $100 FHR cert).

For the prices you're getting at each place, no clear winner or loser.

Enjoy Vegas ..... September is still toasty and a great time to be down there
Old Jul 16, 2012, 6:02 am

Programs: AA PLT, 3MM, DL Plat, Hertz PC, SPG Gold
I'd say your best value is THEhotel .... $125 rate is great ... $40 in FHR food / day, 725-775 ft2 suite, very nice pool, 50 min massage for $50 ( incl $100 FHR cert).

For the prices you're getting at each place, no clear winner or loser.

Enjoy Vegas ..... September is still toasty and a great time to be down there
+1.......THEhotel is the best value among your choices
Old Jul 16, 2012, 5:18 pm

If I book 3 rooms with FHR do all 3 rooms get all the benifits if I pay for all the rooms with my platium card?
Old Jul 16, 2012, 5:19 pm

Programs: UA 1K 25 years/2MM, Honors LT Diamond, AVIS & Hertz Prez Club
Originally Posted by biggdeebee
If I book 3 rooms with FHR do all 3 rooms get all the benifits if I pay for all the rooms with my platium card?
Yes.
Old Jul 16, 2012, 5:35 pm

Thanks. Also can I check in for all 3 rooms myself, or does each person check in themselves?

Originally Posted by SFO 1K
Yes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.