Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hidden Criteria for UK Centurion invitation?

Search this Thread

Old May 4, 2010, 12:15 pm
Original Poster

Hidden Criteria for UK Centurion invitation?

back March, emailed Amex to query how to qualify for Centurion, was told that one needs to spend at least 110k on the Plat. card last year, and household income over 200k. and ask me to contact them again when i met the mentioned two conditions, they will review my account then.

followed my May statement, managed to spend just over 120K since Dec, emailed Amex again last night, see what will come back.

anyone managed to get an invitation by meeting the above two conditions?
Old May 4, 2010, 1:13 pm

Programs: Amex Centurion; Visa Infinite; Hertz Gold; Hilton Diamond; SPG Gold; Kempinski Private Concierge;
Originally Posted by ysb41
back March, emailed Amex to query how to qualify for Centurion, was told that one needs to spend at least 110k on the Plat. card last year, and household income over 200k. and ask me to contact them again when i met the mentioned two conditions, they will review my account then.

followed my May statement, managed to spend just over 120K since Dec, emailed Amex again last night, see what will come back.

anyone managed to get an invitation by meeting the above two conditions?
When I was Platinum, I started charging about 3k a months and then, I gathered all of my expenses on Amex, I keep phone them, to explained that I would like to get the Centurion Card, they told me that they cannot send invitation as the request of the customers, but That I should keep spending the way I did, so, I gradually come to 12/15K a month and I called them again and again. And then they give me their chief on phone, which told me that invitations for this years were done but he told me that Amex send invitation by batch each years, and that I will be on the top of the next batch.
Two months latters (so it was on january) , I received a mail, and a booklet, which explained the benefits of the centurion and on the last pages, it was written "This is YOUR invitation"
I filled the application form, sent it by fax and 3 days afer I did received the card by DHL.

So keep contact them, and tells them that you WANT IT, they will consider your interest, be sure of that
Old May 4, 2010, 8:44 pm

does anyone have information on the US centurion? and the new invitation policy/requirements? Thanks.
Old May 5, 2010, 5:12 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by jenssales
does anyone have information on the US centurion?
More than you want to know is in this thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...tion-only.html

[Edit] I see that you have already posted in that thread.

Last edited by mia; May 5, 2010 at 8:12 am
Old May 5, 2010, 1:26 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SuicidTheory
When I was Platinum, I started charging about 3k a months and then, I gathered all of my expenses on Amex, I keep phone them, to explained that I would like to get the Centurion Card, they told me that they cannot send invitation as the request of the customers, but That I should keep spending the way I did, so, I gradually come to 12/15K a month and I called them again and again. And then they give me their chief on phone, which told me that invitations for this years were done but he told me that Amex send invitation by batch each years, and that I will be on the top of the next batch.
Two months latters (so it was on january) , I received a mail, and a booklet, which explained the benefits of the centurion and on the last pages, it was written "This is YOUR invitation"
I filled the application form, sent it by fax and 3 days afer I did received the card by DHL.

So keep contact them, and tells them that you WANT IT, they will consider your interest, be sure of that
Thx for your reply, just got a reply from Amex, my details have now been sent to Centurion Membership Enquiries team, and I will be contacted within 7 days, will be advised then if there is an invitation available for me.
Old May 5, 2010, 1:36 pm

Programs: Amex Centurion; Visa Infinite; Hertz Gold; Hilton Diamond; SPG Gold; Kempinski Private Concierge;
Thx for your reply, just got a reply from Amex, my details have now been sent to Centurion Membership Enquiries team, and I will be contacted within 7 days, will be advised then if there is an invitation available for me.
I'm happy for you, really, keep asking them , even, if they reject you, because in the end, you will surely get it :-)

For my own, I'm trying to get the Zync card from Amex UsA, I owned a house in Indiana, but as I did not have a SSN... they reject me , whereas I'm Centurion From IDC...
I asked them only 100usd credit limit on the Zync, but Noway for me.
Old May 5, 2010, 1:44 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
...trying to get the Zync card from Amex UsA...
Did you apply directly or through Global Transfers?
Old May 5, 2010, 1:50 pm

Originally Posted by mia
Did you apply directly or through Global Transfers?
I did apply trough their Online website, and also by calling them.
I do not give a try to Global Transfer because I do not plan to live to the USA, I've just own a house oversea for hollidays, I just wanted to get the Sync it will sound you funny but just wanted to get one for the Design, nothing more than that And also because as I've got a Bank account in Indiana, I could easily acces to the funds. But even with a low 100 credit limits they declined me.
Old May 8, 2010, 12:47 pm

I did apply trough their Online website, and also by calling them.
I do not give a try to Global Transfer because I do not plan to live to the USA, I've just own a house oversea for hollidays, I just wanted to get the Sync it will sound you funny but just wanted to get one for the Design, nothing more than that And also because as I've got a Bank account in Indiana, I could easily acces to the funds. But even with a low 100 credit limits they declined me.
Phone call today from Amex, They just getting me approoved based on my Centurion History ;-) Perfect!
Old May 19, 2010, 4:35 am
Original Poster

Updates:

Just got a call from Amex, good news, an invitation has been sent out, wooowhoo!

Does an invitation gurantee an approval ?
Old May 24, 2010, 9:26 am

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, LH Sen, EK & VS Gold, Amex Cent
IMO it would be strange if they send you an invite, but when you sign the form they reject the application. So I would guess invite = approval (but you never know with amex!).

Surely its an invite saying "We have deemed you worthy, we know your history, now sign on the dotted line for your acceptance to pay us £1800 for the Ti card + benefits".

Did they courier the invite to you quickly or did you have to wait for some batch mailing or snail mail?
Old May 24, 2010, 9:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold

Yes.
Old May 24, 2010, 9:06 pm
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Updates:

Just got a call from Amex, good news, an invitation has been sent out, wooowhoo!

The cost of the invitation is so high (with metal card can be hundreds of $) that they will only send this out to approved people and only if they think that there is a very high chance of actually signing up.
Old May 25, 2010, 2:16 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by YClass
Did they courier the invite to you quickly or did you have to wait for some batch mailing or snail mail?
Believe or not, the invitation come with a black prepaid royal mail 2nd class envelope, it does say "An exclusive invitation JUST FOR YOU" though.
Old May 25, 2010, 2:22 pm
Original Poster

before getting the invitation, was so keen to get this card....
now with the invitation, I am fighting myself if its really worth paying the £1800 to get the card.
decision, decision, decision.....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.