Wiki Posts
Search

USA Centurion now "Invitation Only"

Search this Thread

Old Nov 23, 2009, 7:17 pm
b8b

Programs: DL Plat; HH Diamond; SPG & Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by jgoodm
Hmmmm... Well I have a Cent (not earned with business expenses) and if you see me wearing anything nicer than jeans (not designer) and a tee, then someone probably died or got married...
Shouldn't you be US Plat?
Old Nov 24, 2009, 1:50 pm

Originally Posted by ZbadhabitZ
I know this goes far off-topic, but I agree with b8b. My own experiences tell me that most of the time, Amex, Concierges, etc. are really beating around the bush and wasting time that could be spent and valued elsewhere. I appreciate kindness on the phone, but you all have to admit that making a phone call to a concierge to do anything usually involves a lengthy conversation. I think I'm just bitter against the fact that Amex (and the Concierges) lack in the technology department. For a major company, why can our concierge requests not be made with exact precision via a website? Why can't we book FHR properties and make requests directly from the web? Why hasn't Amex developed an iPhone or Blackberry app for PLAT and CENT cardholders that not only let you have a look at your spending, but a look at your benefits, a look at your claims (and claim filing), the ability to take advantage of the Fine Dining program right from your phone, the ability to send a request to a concierge and receive a reply back to your phone, all within a technically supported environment?

That's really where I DON'T find value in my $450 PLAT card, or if it were the case, in a $2500/yr. CENT card. It's not that the benefits aren't valuable, and it's not that the cost of the card can't be recouped in things you get for free, and time saved on things that need to be done, but more the fact that that money doesn't go to improving the cards in any revolutionary ways.
I agree the concierge needs better technology, but you can email them your requests.
Old Nov 24, 2009, 2:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
Originally Posted by Avalon28
My dress shirts cost $400 & up.

I hope I didn't miss the point...
Hilarious !
I have my shirts tailored in BKK. For your $400+ shirt I get about 10 made for me.
Old Nov 24, 2009, 3:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by Rambuster
Hilarious !
I have my shirts tailored in BKK. For your $400+ shirt I get about 10 made for me.
I've never bought a shirt that cost more than $50. Hasn't hurt me any. We all spend our money differently -- it's silly to say that if someone doesn't choose to spend money on high end clothes they aren't the right target market for a particular card.
Old Nov 26, 2009, 8:12 pm
b8b

Programs: DL Plat; HH Diamond; SPG & Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by johnny_lats
I agree the concierge needs better technology, but you can email them your requests.
Ever had one not answered? I've had several never responded to except by their canned response that they'll get to it within 24 hours. I just reserve my own tables, much more effective and more conducive to relationship building.
Old Nov 27, 2009, 10:23 am

Programs: Biz Plat, Biz Cent etc
Although I new what the answer would be, I called this morning for the fun it. They put me on hold for about 2 minutes and said there wasn't an invitation on my account but that they would "notate my interest". It was a very quick conversation and the CSR was very professional and polite. What I thought was interesting was that the only question she asked is if I wanted a biz or personal card. Seemed like a strange question in that they weren't going to give me either LOL No dissapointment on my end as it wasn't unexpected obviously. General stats: $350k in spend last 6-7 months, high 700s Fico, 3% current utilization, etc. Very obvious the old criteria is totally out and it's a complete guessing game now

~Happy Holidays everyone
Old Nov 27, 2009, 12:54 pm

pannhead51,

I was told by a CSR that Cent was changing to a $350,000 annual spend - IN MAY 2007! In the meantime, it has remained at $250,000.

Who was your source for the new spend requirement of $350,000?

BTW, the 6-7 months spend period is something I haven't heard yet...

Thanks
Old Nov 27, 2009, 12:57 pm

Originally Posted by Avalon28
pannhead51,

I was told by a CSR that Cent was changing to a $350,000 annual spend - IN MAY 2007! In the meantime, it has remained at $250,000.

Who was your source for the new spend requirement of $350,000?

BTW, the 6-7 months spend period is something I haven't heard yet...

Thanks
I read his post to say that those stats are his, not what he thinks the requirements are.
Old Nov 27, 2009, 1:25 pm

Originally Posted by aviators99
I read his post to say that those stats are his, not what he thinks the requirements are.
Correct, those are my stats. I should have been more clear
Old Nov 28, 2009, 8:36 am

Programs: AMEX:CENT DL:PM HH:DIA IHG:PLT/AMB SPG:GLD MAR:GLD AVIS:PCLUB HRTZ:PLAT
While you're waiting for your invite, you can be a Centurion fan on FB :

http://www.facebook.com/pages/El-Pas...d/117154924407
Old Nov 29, 2009, 9:16 am

Originally Posted by SteveJ
While you're waiting for your invite, you can be a Centurion fan on FB :

http://www.facebook.com/pages/El-Pas...d/117154924407
I think I would rather hold my breath
Old Dec 14, 2009, 4:38 pm

It seems holding one's breath is the new requirement. I recieved my Cent today
http://s836.photobucket.com/albums/zz287/pannhead51/
Old Dec 15, 2009, 9:23 am

Originally Posted by pannhead51
Although I new what the answer would be, I called this morning for the fun it. They put me on hold for about 2 minutes and said there wasn't an invitation on my account but that they would "notate my interest". It was a very quick conversation and the CSR was very professional and polite. What I thought was interesting was that the only question she asked is if I wanted a biz or personal card. Seemed like a strange question in that they weren't going to give me either LOL No dissapointment on my end as it wasn't unexpected obviously. General stats: $350k in spend last 6-7 months, high 700s Fico, 3% current utilization, etc. Very obvious the old criteria is totally out and it's a complete guessing game now

~Happy Holidays everyone
It seems holding one's breath is the new requirement. I recieved my Cent today
http://s836.photobucket.com/albums/zz287/pannhead51/
Congrats!! Be sure to use the bennies as much as you can! What changed since your other post? Just curious!

Looks like your the most recent member to get a cent so I'm sure others are curious about the "new process".
Old Dec 15, 2009, 11:07 am

The only thing that has changed from then to now is my revolving utilization went from 3% down to under 1%. All other variables remained the same. I have alot of reading to do as I'll be doing alot of travel in the next few weeks
Old Dec 15, 2009, 11:32 am

The only thing that has changed from then to now is my revolving utilization went from 3% down to under 1%. All other variables remained the same. I have alot of reading to do as I'll be doing alot of travel in the next few weeks
Strange, so did you just call again and see if you had an "invitation" on your account?

Anyway if you're traveling soon - be sure to call in (don't fax or mail) and enroll in all the benefits and any that you plan to be using in the next 6 weeks or so put a rush on them so you'll have the number in 2 days. There's a few like Avis and Hertz and Priority Pass that you have to fax in, but the others you can do over the phone. Then on the ones you put a rush on, just call in 2-3 days and ask for the numbers of those programs.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.