Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Earning AA Miles on QF / Qantas Airways (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 8, 2016, 7:28 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Earning AAdvantage miles on QF / Qantas Airways flights

For current information on AA mile and point earning rules (RDM, EQM) on flights marketed by Qantas / QF, please see the page on AA.com: link

NOTES: Qantas fares that are NOT mentioned (e.g., N, Q) do NOT earn any AAdvantage miles. Qantas marketed flights operated by Jetstar do NOT earn any AAdvantage EQ or award miles.

Qantas marketed flights operated by EY / Etihad Airways and several other non-oneworld airlines such as FJ do exceptionally earn AAdvantage miles; apply the QF earning chart here.

For AA marketed flights operated by QF, apply the AA earning charts.

NOTE: Thanks to the JBA, EQ earnings in Qantas have been increased in accordance with earning rates on AA, AY, BA, JB, JL as of October 2019. See Qantas and American Announce Expanded JBA Benefits Oct 2019

From Dave Noble's post below, for the discounted fares sold on Qantas' website:

Originally Posted by Dave Noble
Red-e-deal N/E class - 50 % mileage earning
Red-e-deal O class - 50 % mileage earning
Super Savers - 50% mileage earning
Flexi Saver - 100% mileage earning
Fully Flexible -100% mileage earning

If booking red-e-deals , just check the booking class
For further information see:

[U]HELP DESK: Earning Elite Qualifying EQD, EQM & Award / RDM AA, Partners[/B]

QF Forum: How do you find the fare class on Qantas.com ?

[/COLOR]
Print Wikipost

Earning AA Miles on QF / Qantas Airways (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2020, 4:05 pm

DING, DING, DING..... and the magic answer is: Travel Class: Business (D). Do not pass go and collect only x2 EQMs!

Serfty - THANK YOU! and I'm fairly embarrassed because it never occurred to me the "V" was a downlink. I clicked all over that stupid field, probably everywhere but there.

Dave - thanks for that info on the pricings. I'd seen the $800-ish fares for business a while ago. This week when I checked they were up to $1163, so I was hoping.... but you're right. I'm back and forth on so many sites for this trip, I have to make a conscious effort to re-calibrate from AUD to USD. So initially I always think I'm looking at higher prices on the Qantas site than I actually am.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.