Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Admirals Club Benefits - Worth it? (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Admirals Club Benefits - Worth it? (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 3, 2017, 11:15 am

Programs: Plat Pro AAdvantage, but defected to BAEC
Originally Posted by dll
Completely.

I was there on Sunday and quite literally every single seat was taken, I got lucky as a single person was leaving as I entered. What's open right now is the space that used to be the International First Class lounge. The remainder of the club is closed. Not sure what their long-term plans are for the remainder of the space, now that they're creating the Dining and Flagship lounges too. But then they are taking over the old Delta lounge in T5 so that will be a good option to have when it opens.
I stopped off at the AC at LAX last Thursday evening about 10PM and it was still a zoo at that time of the day. Had to make 2 entire laps of the club before I spotted two seats together for my wife and I. Food offering was poor. Just some fruit and lumps of cheese. No crackers, just cheese.

What a difference between this month and last months visit to the LAX Red Carpet Club as we were flying United. Huge club, lots of space, complimentary bubbles, more food options and we only had access due to the fact that we were flying international business to Mexico (no such access to the AC under identical circumstances).
Old Jul 6, 2017, 1:44 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Marriott Silver, Fantasy Football Champ
Discount?

With the benefit through the Citi Prestige card ending this month, I plan to buy the lounge access. $500 for Platinum. Just wondering if anyone knows of a coupon code to get the cost a little lower. They have an option for the discount code. Thank you!
Old Jul 6, 2017, 7:44 pm

Programs: American EXP; British Airways Gold
Originally Posted by rocket2247
With the benefit through the Citi Prestige card ending this month, I plan to buy the lounge access. $500 for Platinum. Just wondering if anyone knows of a coupon code to get the cost a little lower. They have an option for the discount code. Thank you!
You can apply for and receive the Citi / AAdvantage Executive World Elite MasterCard for $450 annual fee. That provides you a full membership to the AC, so you can use the lounge even when you are not flying on AA.
Old Jul 7, 2017, 10:46 am

Programs: AA EXP
I was at AA lounge @ GRU last week and the only beers they had were MGD & Budweiser. Last year same lounge had some locals beers.
Old Jul 7, 2017, 3:18 pm
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage EXPLAT, Hilton Diamond, SPG/Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Citi Exec MC, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by jcatman
You can apply for and receive the Citi / AAdvantage Executive World Elite MasterCard for $450 annual fee. That provides you a full membership to the AC, so you can use the lounge even when you are not flying on AA.
on top of that, your authorized users also get access to the admirals clubs, each with 2 of their own guests and they can be flying any airline.
Old Jul 11, 2017, 4:02 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, FB Gold, ITA Volare Executive
Originally Posted by FlyingEgghead
To help me understand (related to Biggie Fries' question): nrr, what variety of Citigold pertained to your case? I think we might have up to 4 hypothetical ways to get Citigold-like benefits:

(1) Come in with no Citi status and use an in-branch offer that "magically" provides Citigold benefits on a given card (how some people, including me, got the Prestige for $350).
(2) Come in with Citigold status on an existing card via (1), and see if that enables using an in-branch Citigold offer for a new card.
(3) Have a history of qualifying "normally" for Citigold (deposits, etc.) in the past, but no longer meet current requirements, and be grandfathered.
(4) The obvious: Meet current standard Citigold requirements and be indisputably Citigold.

What do we know about which of the above can get the Executive for $350, and how?

When I asked in a branch, noting my Prestige reflecting Citigold (though I have no Citi deposits), they gave a printout on the Executive showing "$350 for Citigold" but said they couldn't process that for me unless I became a full Citigold with deposits.

The printout indicates that, if nothing else, case (4) should work in-branch. The response I got suggests that (1) and (2) don't work at least at that branch.

Any other data?
Nix on (3). Got the Executive card a couple weeks back to fill gap from upcoming loss of Prestige benefits. AF just posted -- full freight, $450. This notwithstanding $350 fee past year for Prestige via grandfathered Citigold status. I'll know in a month or so whether this is specific to the new Executive, or whether perhaps Citi has gotten around to demoting me relative to Prestige AF discount as well. Also, I (have) had no contact with Citi re AF on new Executive card: I did not apply in branch (no Citi branches hereabouts).

Oh, well -- for 75,000 less-and-less valuable AA RDMs, and (to get back to the topic of this thread) Admirals Club admission for family for one more year, I can live with this. Without the 75,000 RDMs in amortization ... I don't know. Will worry about that next year this time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.