Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

aa.com website / app down, glitch, bug, etc. (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 14, 2024, 1:29 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JY1024
• Saturday evenings, AA loads schedules and runs batch processes. This means some scheduled flights might go missing, or your account may show all zeroes, sometimes well into Sunday. It will all come back.

• If the website doesn't work try the app, or vice versa.

• aa.com troubles? Check by using aktchi's recommended way: http://isup.me- or http://www.isitdown.us, http://www.doj.me
Or use this direct link - http://downorisitjustme.com/res.php?url=aa.com
If it is just you, try: reload the page, empty your cache, delete one or more cookies, quit and restart the browser, shut down and reboot the computer.
LRD shared: (maybe)... it's a bad cookie. I use the "Remove Cookie for Site" extension. This adds a menu item to your mouse right-click that clears the cookies for just the domain you are viewing. Works ...for example, clearing Citi cookies before submitting a second, same-day AA credit-card application.

Drunkmuppet: Go to book flights->advanced->clearhistory.

azsharonc: How to resolve the 400 errors in Chrome

1. clear you recent search history on the advanced search page
2. you can delete aa.com cookies by left clicking on American Airlines Inc in the address field
Select Cookies from the list
from the list of cookies, expand the caret for aa.com or www.aa.com
click on cookies then click remove.

• "Flight / Fare selected no longer available; please modify your request" common booking error

• For Web-related issues, including web-displayed fares issues, call American Airlines Web Services PhonesUnited Kingdom: 0207-365-0777 Mon - Fri 7:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. GMT; Sat - Sun 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.

Servicios Web de AA.com en Espańol U.S. or Canada 1-800-222-2377, 6:00 a.m. - 2:00 a.m. US CT daily

All Other Locations 1-918-832-1384, 6:00 a.m. - 2:00 a.m. US CT daily
• Get AA.com to remember your account number and password? serfty recommends, for personal devices ONLY: Greasemonkey with the "Allow Password Remembering".

N.B. Older posts have been archived to: 2016 AA.com website & app down, glitch, bug, fix etc. (Consolidated)

ARCHIVE: AA.com 2017 website & app down, glitch, bug, fix etc. (Consolidated
ARCHIVE: aa.com 2018 website down, glitch, bug, etc. (consolidated)
ARCHIVE: aa.com 2019 website down, glitch, bug, etc. (consolidated)
ARCHIVE: aa.com website / app down, glitch, bug, etc. (2020-2023)

AA Forum Moderator Team

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2024, 5:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Radisson Rewards Gold, Best Western Diamond Select

I just got a strange error when trying to buy an AA gift card.

ERROR
We’re sorry but there’s a problem processing your request.

We were unable to process your card. There may be a problem with your account, please contact your bank.
Old Jan 8, 2024, 2:04 pm

website issue

After I have been search for reward seats for a while (1+ hr) I get the redirecting time clock. If I try to get out and log in I get the following error. Whether I log on my account or DW's .

Hmmm… can't reach this page

It looks like the webpage at https://www.aa.com/loyalty/login/submit might be having issues, or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.
ERR_HTTP2_PROTOCOL_ERROR

Is this common? I can usually get back in several hours later or next day but are they restricting time on the website?
Old Jan 12, 2024, 10:23 am

Programs: AA Platinum, Marriott Gold
I'm getting the "our system is having trouble" when trying to make a reservation/purchase. It errors out right after the passenger info screen, on both the app and the website. Callback time is 1.5 hours so maybe it's not just me.
Old Jan 12, 2024, 10:27 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Exec Plat, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by chazas
I'm getting the "our system is having trouble" when trying to make a reservation/purchase. It errors out right after the passenger info screen, on both the app and the website. Callback time is 1.5 hours so maybe it's not just me.
I'm getting the same.
Old Jan 14, 2024, 1:28 pm
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium

New year, new thread. Older posts have been archived here: ARCHIVE: aa.com website / app down, glitch, bug, etc. (2020-2023)

/Moderator

Last edited by JY1024; Jan 14, 2024 at 1:34 pm
Old Feb 2, 2024, 3:55 pm

Programs: American Airlines (Executive Platinum), Hyatt (Globalist), Hilton (Diamond), IHG (Diamond)
AA.com and the app suddenly not letting me put flights on hold and the "use a trip or flight credit" option has disappeared when trying to pay for any of the flights I have on hold. Glitch? "Enhancement"? A/B testing?
Old Feb 2, 2024, 4:14 pm

Programs: American Airlines (Executive Platinum), Hyatt (Globalist), Hilton (Diamond), IHG (Diamond)
Put flights on hold yesterday, go to pay today, option to use trip or flight credit has disappeared.

Call in, estimated hold time 17 minutes, actual hold time 38 minutes and counting.

AA just gets worse and worse. And the ~650 customer service layoffs haven't kicked in yet.
Old Feb 19, 2024, 7:16 am

Programs: QR PC Platinum, TK M&S elite, UA silver, ITA Voltaire Executive (lol), Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
Hey all,

Not sure if this is actually something more meaningful or just a standard AA IT glitch, but just checked in via the app for a MEX-MIA-JFK flight in J and as a OWE and the boarding pass to the first segment in my Passbook is blue colored, yet still reflects the fact that I’m a OWE and in J, while the 2nd passbook boarding pass (the MIA-JFK segment) is black as normal. Anyone know if this is just a benign glitch or something more than that? Just wanna make sure I get my OWE benefits and am able to credit both flights to my FF program.
Old Feb 26, 2024, 11:54 am

Programs: AA PLT, SPG Gold
Is the award search function glitching for anyone else? It'll randomly not show certain flights, or use the "Alaska Airlines" filter and not let me unselect it, or error out if my desired flights do show up. I'm sure just a temporary glitch but so annoying.
Old Feb 26, 2024, 12:36 pm

Originally Posted by no1cub17
Is the award search function glitching for anyone else? It'll randomly not show certain flights, or use the "Alaska Airlines" filter and not let me unselect it, or error out if my desired flights do show up. I'm sure just a temporary glitch but so annoying.
Yep. I am having some major issues with the search function right now. It won't show me any results and just keeps pushing the "Something went wrong" message..
Old Feb 26, 2024, 12:58 pm

Programs: AA PLT, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by noelr
Yep. I am having some major issues with the search function right now. It won't show me any results and just keeps pushing the "Something went wrong" message..
yeah, just got off the phone with an agent who confirmed AA.com is not functioning properly. No timetable for it's return as of yet. Hopefully the sweet mileage deal I saw right before it crashed is still there whenever it's back!
Old Feb 26, 2024, 1:01 pm

Programs: AA EP
Originally Posted by noelr
i'm having issues with the website as well. it's only showing partner availability. the website is also not allowing any changes to award tickets even though it did last week. never a dull moment!
Old Mar 4, 2024, 2:13 pm
pH

Programs: AA EXP
I assume (hope!) I am not the only one having access issues today both on the website and app?

App is throwing the "connection error" blue banner. Website was allowing me to login just a short while ago but is now giving the "Our system is having trouble" error.

Am waiting on some reservations to ticket - fingers crossed this stabilizes soon
Old Mar 4, 2024, 2:22 pm

Programs: Northwest Plat
Exclamation

Originally Posted by pH
I assume (hope!) I am not the only one having access issues today both on the website and app?

App is throwing the "connection error" blue banner. Website was allowing me to login just a short while ago but is now giving the "Our system is having trouble" error.

Am waiting on some reservations to ticket - fingers crossed this stabilizes soon
Same here...
pH likes this.
Old Mar 16, 2024, 7:15 am

Problems with aa.com the past couple days?

Forgive me if this isn't the right place to ask this (new here).

I've been unable to log into aa.com for the past couple of days. Doesn't matter which browser, tried multiple computers, also cleared cache. Nothing works, so i'm guessing it's not my machines. I can use the website to look up flights, but when I try to log in, I get an error page saying "Our system is having trouble. Please wait a few moments and try again".

The app on my phone works fine, I was able to book my flights through there. But i'm wondering if I'm doing something stupid on my end regarding the website, or if others are having the same issue.

(I'm Platinum Pro, not new to booking flights)

Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.