Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: aa.com 2018 website down, glitch, bug, etc. (consolidated)

ARCHIVE: aa.com 2018 website down, glitch, bug, etc. (consolidated)

Old Jan 1, 17, 3:30 pm
  #1  
Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: BOS
Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Posts: 10,106
ARCHIVE: aa.com 2018 website down, glitch, bug, etc. (consolidated)

Welcome to the 2018 "AA.com website/app isn't working..." thread. Please see wiki above for more information. Thanks! /AA Moderators


(For reference, previous years’ threads are linked to in the Wikipost.

Last edited by JDiver; Jan 12, 18 at 5:57 pm Reason: Update
JY1024 is offline  
Old Feb 6, 17, 7:45 pm
  #2  
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 67
AA web issues (to merge)

Anyone else experiencing issues with nearly empty flights in coach only showing refundable tickets for sale and first class. First class showing lower than ticket in coach.
machong is offline  
Old Feb 7, 17, 12:12 am
  #3  
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Programs: AA Plat
Posts: 17
yup! Been bugging me all night. I see it on flights to Mexico from DFW or PHX, specifically MZT or MEX. Flights are empty yet it says only Y is available. Anyone else know what's going on?
sdawg11 is offline  
Old Feb 7, 17, 6:07 am
  #4  
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 67
Originally Posted by sdawg11 View Post
yup! Been bugging me all night. I see it on flights to Mexico from DFW or PHX, specifically MZT or MEX. Flights are empty yet it says only Y is available. Anyone else know what's going on?
yes me too. I fortunately was able to book a nonrefundable ticket, but I have two friends who when they went to book their tickets got stuck with a option of the nonrefundable's or first class.
I am hoping that American airlines finds the issues and corrects soon.
I searched a bunch of random dates for the cities I am looking at, and they were like that pretty much from the beginning of March into the summer.
machong is offline  
Old Feb 20, 17, 6:49 pm
  #5  
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Programs: AA Plat
Posts: 17
The issues are back, AA is showing a economy cabin sold out now but when you check the seat map it has 95% of the seats available! What is going on?
sdawg11 is offline  
Old Feb 21, 17, 12:52 pm
  #6  
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: DFW
Programs: AA EXP, AA MM, Hilton Honors Diamond
Posts: 109
Originally Posted by sdawg11 View Post
The issues are back, AA is showing a economy cabin sold out now but when you check the seat map it has 95% of the seats available! What is going on?
I had the same issue today trying to book DFW-PHX for March 4th. AA.com showed only 2 flights with economy available and they were priced at $1000+ for a one-way. I looked at the seatmaps for the sold out flights and they were wiiiide open. I called the EXP desk and she said they showed plenty of main cabin inventory on their end on all of the flights. I was able to book a $210 one way over the phone for a flight that said economy was sold out on the website. AA.com has some serious glitches going on.
smuDC-10 is offline  
Old Feb 22, 17, 8:56 am
  #7  
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: RDU
Programs: AA EXP; Marriott PLT; Globalist
Posts: 263
aa.com very very slow last night and this morning

Has anyone else experienced long delays at aa.com in loading and then moving around? I was checking on award travel and it just sat and sat for 30 minutes so gave up. This morning aa.com won't even load as it usually does.

Is this related to issues in PHL this morning?
RDUflyer2 is online now  
Old Feb 22, 17, 9:01 am
  #8  
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Gilbert, AZ
Programs: AA Executive Platinum, HH Diamond, National Executive
Posts: 1,738
Originally Posted by smuDC-10 View Post
I had the same issue today trying to book DFW-PHX for March 4th. AA.com showed only 2 flights with economy available and they were priced at $1000+ for a one-way. I looked at the seatmaps for the sold out flights and they were wiiiide open. I called the EXP desk and she said they showed plenty of main cabin inventory on their end on all of the flights. I was able to book a $210 one way over the phone for a flight that said economy was sold out on the website. AA.com has some serious glitches going on.
I had the same issue yesterday afternoon but as of last night I was able to book just fine.
WiscAZ is offline  
Old Feb 22, 17, 4:13 pm
  #9  
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: NYC-BNA
Programs: Lifetime Plat/4mm miles, Starwood, HiltonHonors
Posts: 607
For the last two days, the website lets me build a multi-city itin, then when I go to lock it in, it tells me I need to add a return date (which of course is in there) and then goes back to the landing page. I tried it on another browser and it sends me to the aa.com/fr (French) landing page. I'm just booking on Delta when it does this. Any idea what's happening? Browsers are up to date and ad blockers turned off.
Danwriter is offline  
Old Feb 22, 17, 4:17 pm
  #10  
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Programs: AA EP
Posts: 2,017
Ur other browser history/website data needs to be erased. U must have used it in France at some point and it is now set to default to .fr

Originally Posted by Danwriter View Post
For the last two days, the website lets me build a multi-city itin, then when I go to lock it in, it tells me I need to add a return date (which of course is in there) and then goes back to the landing page. I tried it on another browser and it sends me to the aa.com/fr (French) landing page. I'm just booking on Delta when it does this. Any idea what's happening? Browsers are up to date and ad blockers turned off.
AAExecPlatFlier is online now  
Old Feb 22, 17, 6:35 pm
  #11  
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: RDU
Programs: AA EXP; Marriott PLT; Globalist
Posts: 263
Originally Posted by RDUflyer2 View Post
Has anyone else experienced long delays at aa.com in loading and then moving around? I was checking on award travel and it just sat and sat for 30 minutes so gave up. This morning aa.com won't even load as it usually does.

Is this related to issues in PHL this morning?
Things returned to normal this afternoon. It must have been technical website issues.
RDUflyer2 is online now  
Old Feb 22, 17, 8:21 pm
  #12  
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: NYC-BNA
Programs: Lifetime Plat/4mm miles, Starwood, HiltonHonors
Posts: 607
Originally Posted by AAExecPlatFlier View Post
Ur other browser history/website data needs to be erased. U must have used it in France at some point and it is now set to default to .fr
Thanks, you're right, clearing the history/cookies got it back to the US landing page. But everytime I build a multicity trip, it asks me to log in, and as soon as I do it takes me back to zero rebuil all the flights. Over and over. No idea why.
Danwriter is offline  
Old Jan 12, 18, 1:21 pm
  #13  
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: RIC
Programs: AA Plat, HH Gold
Posts: 296
Exclamation AA Website Not Working

Anyone else experiencing problems with AA. com? It is not letting me select flights for a reservation. I keep getting the 504-Time-out message.
RICflyer is offline  
Old Jan 12, 18, 1:24 pm
  #14  
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: South Park, Metropolis
Programs: AA LT PLT 3MM, Hilton/Marriott/SPG/Club Carlson GLD, IHG PLT
Posts: 4,313
Same here.
arollins is offline  
Old Jan 12, 18, 1:31 pm
  #15  
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: KHOU + KSFO
Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador | Hyatt Globalist
Posts: 6,348

This page isn’t working

www.aa.com took too long to respond.

HTTP ERROR 504
Antarius is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: