Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: aa.com 2018 website down, glitch, bug, etc. (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 1, 2017, 3:30 pm
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium

Welcome to the 2018 "AA.com website/app isn't working..." thread. Please see wiki above for more information. Thanks! /AA Moderators

(For reference, previous years’ threads are linked to in the Wikipost.

Last edited by JDiver; Jan 12, 2018 at 5:57 pm Reason: Update
Old Feb 6, 2017, 7:45 pm

AA web issues (to merge)

Anyone else experiencing issues with nearly empty flights in coach only showing refundable tickets for sale and first class. First class showing lower than ticket in coach.
Old Feb 7, 2017, 12:12 am

Programs: AA Plat
yup! Been bugging me all night. I see it on flights to Mexico from DFW or PHX, specifically MZT or MEX. Flights are empty yet it says only Y is available. Anyone else know what's going on?
Old Feb 7, 2017, 6:07 am

Originally Posted by sdawg11
yup! Been bugging me all night. I see it on flights to Mexico from DFW or PHX, specifically MZT or MEX. Flights are empty yet it says only Y is available. Anyone else know what's going on?
yes me too. I fortunately was able to book a nonrefundable ticket, but I have two friends who when they went to book their tickets got stuck with a option of the nonrefundable's or first class.
I am hoping that American airlines finds the issues and corrects soon.
I searched a bunch of random dates for the cities I am looking at, and they were like that pretty much from the beginning of March into the summer.
Old Feb 20, 2017, 6:49 pm

Programs: AA Plat
The issues are back, AA is showing a economy cabin sold out now but when you check the seat map it has 95% of the seats available! What is going on?
Old Feb 21, 2017, 12:52 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AA MM, Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by sdawg11
The issues are back, AA is showing a economy cabin sold out now but when you check the seat map it has 95% of the seats available! What is going on?
I had the same issue today trying to book DFW-PHX for March 4th. AA.com showed only 2 flights with economy available and they were priced at $1000+ for a one-way. I looked at the seatmaps for the sold out flights and they were wiiiide open. I called the EXP desk and she said they showed plenty of main cabin inventory on their end on all of the flights. I was able to book a $210 one way over the phone for a flight that said economy was sold out on the website. AA.com has some serious glitches going on.
Old Feb 22, 2017, 8:56 am

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott Titanium; Globalist
aa.com very very slow last night and this morning

Has anyone else experienced long delays at aa.com in loading and then moving around? I was checking on award travel and it just sat and sat for 30 minutes so gave up. This morning aa.com won't even load as it usually does.

Is this related to issues in PHL this morning?
Old Feb 22, 2017, 9:01 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, HH Diamond, National Executive
Originally Posted by smuDC-10
I had the same issue today trying to book DFW-PHX for March 4th. AA.com showed only 2 flights with economy available and they were priced at $1000+ for a one-way. I looked at the seatmaps for the sold out flights and they were wiiiide open. I called the EXP desk and she said they showed plenty of main cabin inventory on their end on all of the flights. I was able to book a $210 one way over the phone for a flight that said economy was sold out on the website. AA.com has some serious glitches going on.
I had the same issue yesterday afternoon but as of last night I was able to book just fine.
Old Feb 22, 2017, 4:13 pm

Programs: Lifetime Plat/4mm miles, Starwood, HiltonHonors
For the last two days, the website lets me build a multi-city itin, then when I go to lock it in, it tells me I need to add a return date (which of course is in there) and then goes back to the landing page. I tried it on another browser and it sends me to the aa.com/fr (French) landing page. I'm just booking on Delta when it does this. Any idea what's happening? Browsers are up to date and ad blockers turned off.
Old Feb 22, 2017, 4:17 pm

Programs: AA EP
Ur other browser history/website data needs to be erased. U must have used it in France at some point and it is now set to default to .fr

Originally Posted by Danwriter
For the last two days, the website lets me build a multi-city itin, then when I go to lock it in, it tells me I need to add a return date (which of course is in there) and then goes back to the landing page. I tried it on another browser and it sends me to the aa.com/fr (French) landing page. I'm just booking on Delta when it does this. Any idea what's happening? Browsers are up to date and ad blockers turned off.
Old Feb 22, 2017, 6:35 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott Titanium; Globalist
Originally Posted by RDUflyer2
Has anyone else experienced long delays at aa.com in loading and then moving around? I was checking on award travel and it just sat and sat for 30 minutes so gave up. This morning aa.com won't even load as it usually does.

Is this related to issues in PHL this morning?
Things returned to normal this afternoon. It must have been technical website issues.
Old Feb 22, 2017, 8:21 pm

Programs: Lifetime Plat/4mm miles, Starwood, HiltonHonors
Originally Posted by AAExecPlatFlier
Ur other browser history/website data needs to be erased. U must have used it in France at some point and it is now set to default to .fr
Thanks, you're right, clearing the history/cookies got it back to the US landing page. But everytime I build a multicity trip, it asks me to log in, and as soon as I do it takes me back to zero — rebuil all the flights. Over and over. No idea why.
Old Jan 12, 2018, 1:21 pm

Programs: AA Plat, HH Gold
Exclamation AA Website Not Working

Anyone else experiencing problems with AA. com? It is not letting me select flights for a reservation. I keep getting the 504-Time-out message.
Old Jan 12, 2018, 1:24 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT 3MM, Hilton/Marriott/SPG/Club Carlson GLD, IHG PLT
Same here.
Old Jan 12, 2018, 1:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist

This page isn’t working

www.aa.com took too long to respond.

HTTP ERROR 504

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.