Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: aa.com 2019 website down, glitch, bug, etc. (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2018, 8:54 am
Original Poster

How to resolve the 400 errors in Chrome

1. clear you recent search history on the advanced search page
2. you can delete aa.com cookies by left clicking on American Airlines Inc in the address field
Select Cookies from the list
from the list of cookies, expand the caret for aa.com or www.aa.com
click on cookies then click remove.
Old Jan 1, 2019, 9:13 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Just booked a new Jan trip on AA.com and on the confirmation page, they no longer are showing you a recap of how many EQM's, RDM's and EQD's you'll be earning......when did this go away?
Old Jan 2, 2019, 5:19 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott BonVoy Titanium Elite, Marriott LT Plat.
Placed a trip on hold earlier today but not it's not showing up for me to purchase it.

Trip was placed on hold using the app. I got the "hold" email too. But that was 8+ hrs ago and now I can't find it on the app or on aa.com. When I click on the link to purchase the ticket, i get message that it's been canceled. Ugh!!!

Last edited by Zacnlinc; Jan 2, 2019 at 5:34 pm
Old Jan 2, 2019, 5:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Zacnlinc
Placed a trip on hold earlier today but not it's not showing up for me to purchase it.
Trip was placed on hold using the app. I got the "hold" email too. But that was 8+ hrs ago and now I can't find it on the app or on aa.com. ugh!!!
If you have the locator, call AA.
Old Jan 2, 2019, 6:12 pm

Originally Posted by SFO777
If you have the locator, call AA.

Called AA and they confirmed that somehow the reservation was canceled on my end according to their system. Agent was able to create same reservation at the same price. Seems like the updates on the website have had some unexpected ripple effects as I know I didn't cancel the reservation.
Old Jan 2, 2019, 6:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Called AA and they confirmed that somehow the reservation was canceled on my end according to their system. Agent was able to create same reservation at the same price. Seems like the updates on the website have had some unexpected ripple effects as I know I didn't cancel the reservation.
AA IT at its finest.
Old Jan 2, 2019, 8:07 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Had the exact same thing last year. AA insisted that I canceled it, which I did not. Unfortunately, the fare was no longer available when I called in, so I was quite frustrated.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 4:04 pm

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
At this moment, I can't even pull up flight # & schedules.
Old Jan 10, 2019, 7:54 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, AA LT Plat, DL Silver
Same issue with making reservations and then not showing up on the website 2 hours later. Search with the record locator and the reservation comes up as cancelled. This has happened to me three times in the last two weeks. On the positive side, I call AA, they confirm "a guest" cancelled it and they have been able to rebuild. Sensing my frustration (I know, it is not the agents fault and I didn't project any sort of tone with said person), they asked if I wanted to speak with web support and I said yes. They acted like this was the first they were hearing of this, saw that the latest record was rebuilt and questioned why I was calling since the record was intact. They are clearly clueless. I hung up the phone, cancelled the rebuilt reservation online and booked a (premium) ticket with Delta. #noconfidence
Old Jan 10, 2019, 9:40 am

Programs: AA EXP; BoNVoY Tit LTP
Question about the app: my SO finally made gold (hurrah) and I wanted to use the IOS app to put the gold card in her "wallet". I cannot find a way to do it with the current app. The front page has links to my account, upcoming trips and flight status, find trip and book flights, and if I click on my name there is a link to the account "wallet" but not to see my card and to put it into the IOS wallet. Of course my membership card is in my IOS wallet, but I cannot get her card to appear on her phone. Thanks!
Old Jan 10, 2019, 9:49 am

Originally Posted by ckendall
Question about the app: my SO finally made gold (hurrah) and I wanted to use the IOS app to put the gold card in her "wallet". I cannot find a way to do it with the current app. The front page has links to my account, upcoming trips and flight status, find trip and book flights, and if I click on my name there is a link to the account "wallet" but not to see my card and to put it into the IOS wallet. Of course my membership card is in my IOS wallet, but I cannot get her card to appear on her phone. Thanks!
Don't click Wallet. Swipe up on the arrow between Promotions and Wallet. Then pick the last option on the page, "View AAdvantage card."
Old Jan 10, 2019, 10:30 am

Programs: AA EXP; BoNVoY Tit LTP
Originally Posted by rrgg
Don't click Wallet. Swipe up on the arrow between Promotions and Wallet. Then pick the last option on the page, "View AAdvantage card."
Thanks! I did not see/fully appreciate that arrow!
Old Jan 24, 2019, 7:04 pm

Had to call into AA to change flight details within the 24 hr period as I made a mistake for the returning date.

Agent found a lower fare and secured it for me. It's a TPAC flight and she mentioned that she was placing me on the waitlist using SWU as previously requested for former flight.. She commented that nothing had changed for the outbound legs and the SWU was still applied. After the call ended, well, online and in the app, that's not true.

The outbound leg no longer shows up on "Your Trip" details. I've called in two additional times today and was told the same thing as the first person informed me at the end of our conversation. As far as they "see" I'm on the waitlist and they have no idea why it's not showing up online or in the app. Anyone else experience anything like this?

I recently was informed in a different thread that if any legs show up as "complimentary" I was incorrectly added to the waitlist if applying SWU/ miles+copay. The "sad" part though is that there is C space available for the my first and last legs of the trip.

Thanks in advance for comments/tips.

ps. Just noticed that the leg of the trip that was updated has the comments that I've selected an entree already. That's not possible just yet and I know I didn't mentioned anything to the agent on the phone about my meal preferences either.

Last edited by Zacnlinc; Jan 26, 2019 at 9:55 pm Reason: clarity made in post
Old Jan 25, 2019, 4:04 am

Maybe there's hope... LOL

Just attempted to searched for yet another upcoming trip on aa.com and was greeted with the message " Our system is having trouble. blah blah blah" message.
Old Jan 26, 2019, 10:03 pm

Had to call into AA to change flight details within the 24 hr period as I made a mistake for the returning date.

Agent found a lower fare and secured it for me. It's a TPAC flight and she mentioned that she was placing me on the waitlist using SWU as previously requested for former flight.. She commented that nothing had changed for the outbound legs and the SWU was still applied. After the call ended, well, online and in the app, that's not true.

The outbound leg no longer shows up on "Your Trip" details. I've called in two additional times today and was told the same thing as the first person informed me at the end of our conversation. As far as they "see" I'm on the waitlist and they have no idea why it's not showing up online or in the app. Anyone else experience anything like this?

I recently was informed in a different thread that if any legs show up as "complimentary" I was incorrectly added to the waitlist if applying SWU/ miles+copay. The "sad" part though is that there is C space available for the my first and last legs of the trip.

Thanks in advance for comments/tips.

ps. Just noticed that the leg of the trip that was updated has the comments that I've selected an entree already. That's not possible just yet and I know I didn't mentioned anything to the agent on the phone about my meal preferences either.

Update: I ended up calling AA today as the issue never resolved itself after three day after being ticketed. Long story short:
  • After being requested to speak with IT after the EXP agent confirmed I was on the waitlist and couldn't explain why that wasn't displaying online;
  • It turns out that "somehow" the request to be on the waitlist wasn't showing in the IT system; took 45 minutes of me being on hold while the IT agent got supportive services
  • For my "troubles", my domestic leg of the trip (SFO-LAX-SFO) were confirmed in F since C space still remained to be available ( for 3 days) and I am on the waitlist for an SWU for the TPAC legs (LAX-HKG-LAX)
Guessing there is some truth to be told that C space on a domestic leg can be confirmed if available AND still be placed on the waitlist for the same SWU for the INTL leg. News to me and I'm glad for it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.