Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

CitiBusiness AAdvantage Platinum Mastercard - Loyalty Points Post but 0 Miles

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CitiBusiness AAdvantage Platinum Mastercard - Loyalty Points Post but 0 Miles

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2023, 1:35 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, Marriott Platinum, GHA Discovery Titanium, Accor Gold, LH Senator
Originally Posted by USFlyerUS
Why would you have an AAdvantage Business account if it's only you traveling?
I never registered or created an AAdvantage Business account! I only provided my Personal AAdvantage number to Citi when I applied for a business credit card! It appears that AAdvantage created a new Business account without my knowledge or consent and now all my miles earned from my Citi business credit card are being diverted there and I cannot use them!
MDtR-Chicago and _kurt like this.
Old Dec 14, 2023, 1:39 pm

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, DL GM, Marriott Platinum
I believe many of us have "legacy" AA Business Citibank credit cards. These have always posted monthly mileage into the primary cardholder's personal AAdvantage account. Apparently, some of these cardholders are no longer receiving their full monthly mileage credits. Instead, AA appears to have created a new AAdvantage Business account for many people (and this program has only existed for about one month) to "accept" these mileage credits. Meanwhile, the restrictive rules of these accounts are taking legacy cardholders by surprise.

I think AA rolled out its new Business program rather precipitately. The speed with which Business ExtrAA ended indicates they were in a hurry.

This whole debacle needs explanation by AA.
Old Dec 14, 2023, 2:06 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, Marriott Platinum, GHA Discovery Titanium, Accor Gold, LH Senator
Originally Posted by VegasGambler
There's another thread about this. The miles are in the business account.
Can you please post a link to this thread you're referring to? I cannot find it.
Old Dec 14, 2023, 3:30 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by jvasiles
....What are customers like myself supposed to do in order to access and use our miles?
Businesses must have a minimum of 5 travelers and spend $5,000 on American Airlines flights over 12 months to use their miles. These requirements are waived for CitiBusiness® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select® Mastercard® cardmembers.
Source: https://www.aa.com/i18n/aadvantage-p...w-it-works.jsp

See additional discussion here: Business Extra Ending 15 Dec 2023, AAdvantage Business program coming

Last edited by mia; Dec 14, 2023 at 3:42 pm
Old Dec 14, 2023, 4:14 pm

The 5 employee requirement and $5k spend is a huge issue. Small businesses that are sole proprietors or that have 4 employees or less cannot use or transfer the miles at the moment. While the terms do say the requirement is waived, my Points Transfer function is disabled on my account.
Old Dec 14, 2023, 5:07 pm

Programs: AA, DL, UA
I never registered or created an AAdvantage Business account! I only provided my Personal AAdvantage number to Citi when I applied for a business credit card! It appears that AAdvantage created a new Business account without my knowledge or consent and now all my miles earned from my Citi business credit card are being diverted there and I cannot use them!
Yes likely AA opened a new 'AAdvantage Business' account if you applied to the Citi Business card after Oct 16th. You should be able to login using your personal account via this link:
https://aadvantagebusiness.aa.com/app/login
MDtR-Chicago likes this.
Old Dec 14, 2023, 6:22 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
..... While the terms do say the requirement is waived, my Points Transfer function is disabled on my account.
It's not altogether surprising that an exception to a new program has not been correctly implemented. I would follow the other thread to see what others have discovered. Be sure to save copies of the AA or Citi pages where the exception is documented. After the new year I would contact AA on a weekday during normal business hours, try to work past the first couple levels of telephone staff, to someone who will take the time to read, and explain the remedy that you need. Don't waste time talking about "knowledge and consent", just explain that you need to be able to consolidate your business and personal miles, but the website is not performing as advertised.
Old Dec 14, 2023, 11:10 pm

Originally Posted by mia
It's not altogether surprising that an exception to a new program has not been correctly implemented. I would follow the other thread to see what others have discovered. Be sure to save copies of the AA or Citi pages where the exception is documented. After the new year I would contact AA on a weekday during normal business hours, try to work past the first couple levels of telephone staff, to someone who will take the time to read, and explain the remedy that you need. Don't waste time talking about "knowledge and consent", just explain that you need to be able to consolidate your business and personal miles, but the website is not performing as advertised.
Thank you for the recommendation. This approach makes sense but based on my previous calls to AAdvantage, this is definitely going to be a painful and uphill battle. In the meantime, I think it makes sense to stop spending on my Citi AAdvantage business credit card because I cannot continue to earn miles without knowing for sure that I will be able to access and use them. This whole situation is a mess and both Citi and AAdvantage need to resolve this. Otherwise, I suspect there will be a lot of customers cancelling their business credit cards and abandoning AAdvantage as their airline loyaly program.

Last edited by jvasiles; Dec 14, 2023 at 11:19 pm
Old Dec 15, 2023, 9:49 am

Did anyone of you actually see the 75k bonus in the AA business account? There's two huge issues not just one
Old Dec 15, 2023, 9:58 am

The 5 employee requirement and $5k spend is a huge issue. Small businesses that are sole proprietors or that have 4 employees or less cannot use or transfer the miles at the moment. While the terms do say the requirement is waived, my Points Transfer function is disabled on my account.
Is the transfer button grayed out for you or completely non existent? Like others above, I received the miles from the credit card spend in the business account but not the welcome bonus yet. I was able to transfer the miles from the card purchases this morning though, with that button in the upper right. It asked how many miles and to confirm the email address of the personal account, with a warning that miles transfers can't be reversed. Once I accepted, it took a few minutes for the miles to actually show up in my personal account. Still waiting on the card welcome bonus, but I guess no one has actually seen it on the AA side yet for recent applicants.
dc10forlife likes this.
Old Dec 15, 2023, 2:32 pm

Originally Posted by berkeleysquirrel
Is the transfer button grayed out for you or completely non existent? Like others above, I received the miles from the credit card spend in the business account but not the welcome bonus yet. I was able to transfer the miles from the card purchases this morning though, with that button in the upper right. It asked how many miles and to confirm the email address of the personal account, with a warning that miles transfers can't be reversed. Once I accepted, it took a few minutes for the miles to actually show up in my personal account. Still waiting on the card welcome bonus, but I guess no one has actually seen it on the AA side yet for recent applicants.
Thank you for this post! As of yesterday I believe for most of us it isn't grayed out but when searching for our own email it just shows no result. I tried it again after seeing your comment and it is now showing my own name and I can transfer! Just waiting on the bonus now
jvasiles likes this.
Old Dec 17, 2023, 9:39 am

Originally Posted by joetzeng
Thank you for this post! As of yesterday I believe for most of us it isn't grayed out but when searching for our own email it just shows no result. I tried it again after seeing your comment and it is now showing my own name and I can transfer! Just waiting on the bonus now
For me, the transfer button appears functional but when searching for my own email or name, nothing comes up. So in effect, I cannot initiate a transfer.
Old Dec 17, 2023, 11:29 am

For me, the transfer button appears functional but when searching for my own email or name, nothing comes up. So in effect, I cannot initiate a transfer.
Have you tried again today? It was like that for me for a few weeks but I was finally able to search my own name two days ago. I was approved on Nov 12 so hopefully it just takes them around a month to have it fixed
Old Dec 17, 2023, 5:01 pm

I'm not sure if the email in your personal account must match the email for your business account in order for them to be properly linked. I applied for the business card with the same email address as the personal account and it appeared to automatically link after I was approved.
Old Dec 17, 2023, 9:48 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by joetzeng
Did anyone of you actually see the 75k bonus in the AA business account? There's two huge issues not just one
I'm definitely having one of the issues. Citi statement closed and says I earned 81k miles. It's now day 3 and I saw 6k of those (the money I spent) on aadvantagebusiness.aa.com, but not the remaining 75k. I was able to transfer the 6k to my personal account instantly (my name showed up in the autocomplete when typing in the employee name).

Tried to contact AA by chat (the one that shows up on Google) and they said it takes 5-7 days for points to get transferred for the full amount to appear. But based on what I've seen in this thread, I'm not hopeful. Has anyone actually gotten the 75k?

Bummed since I was hoping to redeem those miles on a flight in a week.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.