Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

CitiBusiness AAdvantage Platinum Mastercard - Loyalty Points Post but 0 Miles

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2023, 9:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist

About two months ago I got a Citibusiness AA Platinum Mastercard. The first statement closed and I reached the sign up bonus threshold. The statement showed the appropriate number of miles to be deposited (spend + spending bonus + signup bonus) and the right number of loyalty points. BUT only the LP's posted, along with 0 miles. They definitely were not deposited in a different transaction. Citi is saying that it's AA's problem and they need to resolve this, AA was of course confused and unhelpful about the problem. Has this happened to anyone else? How did you resolve it? It's almost 90k miles so I don't want to let it slip.

I feel like there have been a LOT of Citi/AA miles deposit issues lately.
Old Dec 7, 2023, 9:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Aspirant
About two months ago I got a Citibusiness AA Platinum Mastercard. The first statement closed and I reached the sign up bonus threshold. The statement showed the appropriate number of miles to be deposited (spend + spending bonus + signup bonus) and the right number of loyalty points. BUT only the LP's posted, along with 0 miles. They definitely were not deposited in a different transaction. Citi is saying that it's AA's problem and they need to resolve this, AA was of course confused and unhelpful about the problem. Has this happened to anyone else? How did you resolve it? It's almost 90k miles so I don't want to let it slip.

I feel like there have been a LOT of Citi/AA miles deposit issues lately.
There's another thread about this. The miles are in the business account.
Old Dec 7, 2023, 9:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by VegasGambler
There's another thread about this. The miles are in the business account.
They are not in the business account. There's a thread specifically about this card? I couldn't find one.
Old Dec 7, 2023, 10:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Aspirant
They are not in the business account. There's a thread specifically about this card? I couldn't find one.
Maybe I'm confused. There was a thread started about 2-4 weeks ago about a business credit card where someone complained that they got LP and no miles. The issue was that the miles went to the business account and the LP went to the individual account.
Old Dec 8, 2023, 1:07 am

Programs: AA - CK/Airpass
They go to the business account. The new program - not BusinessExtra.
Old Dec 9, 2023, 7:27 am

Aspirant, did you ever get your miles?

Having same issue. Met the citibusiness sign up bonus spend and shows it in my actual citi statement +75K points. But when I log into my AA advantage account it has an option of personal or business. The personal account only shows the 7K (what i spend on the credit card) loyalty points but nothing in the award miles. When I select Business account (new never had this before) it shows the loyalty miles but no 75K award miles.
Old Dec 9, 2023, 8:17 am

Originally Posted by chileaquiles
Aspirant, did you ever get your miles?

Having same issue. Met the citibusiness sign up bonus spend and shows it in my actual citi statement +75K points. But when I log into my AA advantage account it has an option of personal or business. The personal account only shows the 7K (what i spend on the credit card) loyalty points but nothing in the award miles. When I select Business account (new never had this before) it shows the loyalty miles but no 75K award miles.
Others, including myself, are having the same problem. In my case, the regular spend miles were credited to my business account, with the LPs going to my personal account. But the 75K bonus miles, although they show up on my business card statement as having been credited, did not show up in either my personal or business account.
Old Dec 10, 2023, 7:01 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, DL Silver
I'm having the exact same issue as described. Hoping this gets resolved soon!
Old Dec 10, 2023, 8:40 am

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
Had my first statement close recently. Saw the LPs post to my personal account. Based on this thread i accessed the business account for the first time and indeed the miles were there. FWIW.

I am going to let the miles accumulate in the business account as i dont see a reason to transfer until needed for an award, and i think they can be transferred to another member in the business account so more options.
Old Dec 10, 2023, 9:39 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum/Million Miler, Marriott Titanium Elite-Lifetime, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by constar
I'm having the exact same issue as described. Hoping this gets resolved soon!
Is this an issue or as designed? It's hard to tell from the replies here.
Old Dec 12, 2023, 12:49 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, DL Silver
Originally Posted by USFlyerUS
Is this an issue or as designed? It's hard to tell from the replies here.
Well I assume the points posting to the business account is as designed, but the missing bonus miles earned (as reflected on my Citi AA Biz statement) seems like an issue.
Old Dec 12, 2023, 8:44 pm

I'm having the same exact issue. Statement shows 82k miles but there's only 7k in aadvantagebusiness.aa.com/ with no way to transfer the miles back to my personal AA. This is a disaster
Old Dec 14, 2023, 12:34 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, Marriott Platinum, GHA Discovery Titanium, Accor Gold, LH Senator
Originally Posted by joetzeng
I'm having the same exact issue. Statement shows 82k miles but there's only 7k in aadvantagebusiness.aa.com/ with no way to transfer the miles back to my personal AA. This is a disaster
I'm also having the same issue! Please let us know if you figure out a way to transfer the points that are in your AAdvantage Business account back to Personal AAdvantage account. I've called AAdvantage several times and they keep telling me that AAdvantage Business accounts are only serviced by chat or email. There are no live agents who can assist!!!!
Old Dec 14, 2023, 12:39 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, Marriott Platinum, GHA Discovery Titanium, Accor Gold, LH Senator
I found a reference on the AAdvantage Business account which explains how to tranfer points to a Personal account. However, there is a HUGE issue I just noticed because it states that "To use your company’s miles, your account must have a minimum of 5 active, registered business travelers and spend $5,000 USD on eligible flights over 12 consecutive months." I am a sole proprietor and do not plan to spend $5k on flights. What are customers like myself supposed to do in order to access and use our miles?
https://aadvantagebusiness.aa.com/co...deem-guide.pdf
Old Dec 14, 2023, 1:23 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum/Million Miler, Marriott Titanium Elite-Lifetime, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by jvasiles
I found a reference on the AAdvantage Business account which explains how to tranfer points to a Personal account. However, there is a HUGE issue I just noticed because it states that "To use your company’s miles, your account must have a minimum of 5 active, registered business travelers and spend $5,000 USD on eligible flights over 12 consecutive months." I am a sole proprietor and do not plan to spend $5k on flights. What are customers like myself supposed to do in order to access and use our miles?
https://aadvantagebusiness.aa.com/co...deem-guide.pdf
Why would you have an AAdvantage Business account if it's only you traveling?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.