Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AA really has given up on SFO-based flyers

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA really has given up on SFO-based flyers

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4, 2022, 5:54 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL DM, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by JIMCHI
It goes to 4x a day in November/December.
That's a placeholder schedule for now. Likely to be cut down further once AA runs its November schedule changes.
Old Aug 4, 2022, 12:08 pm

Originally Posted by taxicabnumber
That's a placeholder schedule for now. Likely to be cut down further once AA runs its November schedule changes.
Sadly this is likely very true. Only upside is that you can likely use credits and if they cancel get those credits extended out.
Old Aug 4, 2022, 12:20 pm

Programs: UA 1P MM, AA-PP, AS, DL, HH G, SPG Gold, TA nada
Originally Posted by FlyerBeek
The ~1pm SFO-JFK now eliminated thru October on Saturdays, no leaving no afternoon flights until the redeye (AA276) since the daily AA166 (the ~3pm) was eliminated months ago. Really a shame to see this route down to 3x some some days.

-FlyerBeek
Ok, now it is serious. That is my favorite flight. pretty much a given upgrade (most likely the reason) for me. Plus I like to get into JFK after the evening rush.
Old Aug 4, 2022, 12:34 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond
I still like the airside connection from the International Terminal so I can take the whole family to the lounge instead of just one when we are on BA. I'll agree that the long walk is an issue but this too shall pass. Shout out to most of the staff at the AA Club especially Dee & Faris.
Old Aug 4, 2022, 5:45 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Originally Posted by zoegksf
Ok, now it is serious. That is my favorite flight. pretty much a given upgrade (most likely the reason) for me. Plus I like to get into JFK after the evening rush.
Yes, the 1pm SFO-JFK flight was perfect. Hopefully it stays daily as currently loaded in the Nov+ schedules (doubtful, though). Allowed for a full morning in SFO, no traffic upon landing in JFK, and no upgrade competition with connecting transatlantic pax.

-FlyerBeek
Old Aug 7, 2022, 5:03 am

Sfo to Ord down to 2 times a day in November for many dates now and one is a terrible red eye timing. AA really doesn’t care about Sfo :-(
Old Aug 7, 2022, 5:32 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL DM, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by olouie
Sfo to Ord down to 2 times a day in November for many dates now and one is a terrible red eye timing. AA really doesn’t care about Sfo :-(
Yep, as predicted upthread sadly...
​​​​
Old Aug 7, 2022, 5:38 am

Originally Posted by taxicabnumber
Yep, as predicted upthread sadly...
​​​​
The fact that flights stay limited during thanksgiving really speaks volumes.
Old Aug 11, 2022, 5:25 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
I'm also finding AA's pricing uncompetitive on SFO-PHX. So I've been pushed back to UA, which has the best schedule for business travel and better fares. WN is undercutting everyone on fares right now with their fare sale.
unitedbusiness likes this.
Old Aug 13, 2022, 3:18 am

Programs: AA sPLAT, Hyatt Globalist
On the positive side

The staff at the Admirals club are all friendly and helpful. The showers are well maintained. Nice views out the windows.
TheDudeAbides and SFflyer20 like this.
Old Aug 13, 2022, 3:58 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
As expected, AA remains down to 3x SFO-JFK on Saturdays with continued elimination of AA16 (the ~1:30pm). Thanksgiving week is even down to 2-3x daily frequencies SFO-JFK on some weekdays.

-FlyerBeek
Old Aug 20, 2022, 11:24 am

Originally Posted by madmanshoney
The staff at the Admirals club are all friendly and helpful. The showers are well maintained. Nice views out the windows.
It's a nice view of an alley. I miss the runway view of the old AC
cmd320 and Kacee like this.
Old Aug 20, 2022, 11:29 am

Have the SFO flights they're axing been moved to SJC or OAK? I realize WN is strong at both, but their fares are no longer cheap, and they are less of a direct competitor than UA at SFO.
Old Aug 20, 2022, 12:41 pm

Programs: AA 1MM CK, DL Plat, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Ambassador (RIP SPG), BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by moondog
Have the SFO flights they're axing been moved to SJC or OAK? I realize WN is strong at both, but their fares are no longer cheap, and they are less of a direct competitor than UA at SFO.
AA pulled out of OAK during COVID. I need to get out there next weekend and options are limited across DL / AA / AS so I’m just going to fly into SFO and drive across the bay bridge.
Old Aug 20, 2022, 9:41 pm

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by DCAKen
It's a nice view of an alley. I miss the runway view of the old AC
You can still enjoy that view flying AS. Plus the two minute walk from security to gate. :-)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.