Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Missing miles/LPs from FTD purchase in mid-Feb

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Missing miles/LPs from FTD purchase in mid-Feb

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2022, 5:56 pm

Programs: AA ConciergeKey; Hyatt Globalist
Yes motley fool for 79 dollars. It was 7400 base miles back in Feb 2022. Maybe it’s less now. Also, I received 750 additional base miles for e shopping in March 2022, but still not sure why or from what source.

Old Apr 11, 2022, 8:20 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by davecraze
Yes motley fool for 79 dollars. It was 7400 base miles back in Feb 2022. Maybe it’s less now. Also, I received 750 additional base miles for e shopping in March 2022, but still not sure why or from what source.
Thanks, yea it seems to be less now. BTW totally off topic, WHOA that's a lot of LPs. No wonder you didn't care about puny FTD LPs not posting.
Old Apr 12, 2022, 9:00 am

Updates: I just got off the phone with AAdvantage Customer Service, and the agent was extremely knowledgeable, said he'd seen this issue before, put me on a long hold and got back to me saying that after escalating the situation he was able to resolve it and I will see my 30k LPs posted in no more than 7 business days.

Advice here is call AAdvantage Customer Service, be nice to them on the call, and pray you talk to Jorge, what a superb human being!!
Old Apr 12, 2022, 10:55 am

Well, I wasn't as lucky. My agent put me on hold while talking to her supervisor. After a considerable wait, another person told me that they didn't have the tools to reclassify my FTD miles from a January order (which posted as Bonus Miles in April with the effective date of the original transaction and not included in the Loyalty Point conversion). I was instructed to file a complaint via AA.com. Sigh.
Old Apr 12, 2022, 11:31 am

Originally Posted by MarkY123
Well, I wasn't as lucky. My agent put me on hold while talking to her supervisor. After a considerable wait, another person told me that they didn't have the tools to reclassify my FTD miles from a January order (which posted as Bonus Miles in April with the effective date of the original transaction and not included in the Loyalty Point conversion). I was instructed to file a complaint via AA.com. Sigh.
Now we're just back to AA being AA, and the good old HUACA, hang up and call again. My agent looked around and said "ah, I found the issue, I've seen this before" and put me on a very long hold and said he escalated to his supervisor who escalated to a higher level and got approval to post my LPs. I should see them in 7 business days. I'll update here once they post.
Old Apr 12, 2022, 5:18 pm

Programs: American Airlines - Executive Platinum / Marriott - Ambassador
Official Response from FTD

I just got this email from an Exec at FTD:

We understand that you are looking for the American Airlines Bonus Miles, that were posted to your account for 3 FTD orders, to be adjusted to base miles. Starting on January 12, 2022 our partnership changed with American Airlines and we were advised that we would be promoting Bonus miles only. All of our links and ads stated that your purchase would be for bonus miles per $1 spent. We have reported your concerns to American and any communication you may have regarding the offer being for base miles may help and should be sent to American for their review.

Thank you,

Jenepher

J E N E P H E R M E D B U R Y

Sr. Manager, Customer Service and Partnerships

[email protected]
[email protected]
Seems as though AA advertised the Loyalty Points without confirming with FTD?
jamabam likes this.
Old Apr 12, 2022, 5:38 pm

Programs: AA EXP and Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by pwendell

I got the same stupid email. When you contacted AAdvantage Customer Service before (first page I see they responded to you), did you email them and if so, how so? Every option to contact them online just leads to the FAQs. I'm gonna keep pushing and eventually something should crack.
Old Apr 12, 2022, 10:53 pm

Originally Posted by pwendell

Except I haven't seen that anybody posted on here that ever had it in writing their bonus would also trigger the equivalent number of LP's. It was all "hopefully this will work" as far as I've read.
If there's some advertising to that effect, please post for us to help people get their credit.
I think this ship has sailed though; and I predict there won't likely be any LP's for the FTD bonus, and thus no Bonsai Exec Plats.
Old Apr 13, 2022, 12:19 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Originally Posted by LovePrunes
Except I haven't seen that anybody posted on here that ever had it in writing their bonus would also trigger the equivalent number of LP's. It was all "hopefully this will work" as far as I've read.
If there's some advertising to that effect, please post for us to help people get their credit.
I think this ship has sailed though; and I predict there won't likely be any LP's for the FTD bonus, and thus no Bonsai Exec Plats.
Except that AA specifically said - in writing - that FTD purchases would earn LPs in the promotional material for the new AAdvantage LP system. So far, none of my FTD purchases that have posted have earned a single LP. It would be one thing if the purchase earned 1x LP and 29x bonus miles (or whatever the equivalent bonus promo was at the time), but even that didn't happen. I never did the whole bonsai thing, because I had very little faith it would work as some hoped, but I was expecting at least the base FTD spend would qualify for LPs - which is certainly a reasonable interpretation of AA's own verbiage.

-FlyerBeek
vasantn and LovePrunes like this.
Old Apr 13, 2022, 8:10 am

Programs: American Airlines - Executive Platinum / Marriott - Ambassador
Originally Posted by Drwaz99
I got the same stupid email. When you contacted AAdvantage Customer Service before (first page I see they responded to you), did you email them and if so, how so? Every option to contact them online just leads to the FAQs. I'm gonna keep pushing and eventually something should crack.
[email protected]
Drwaz99 likes this.
Old Apr 14, 2022, 3:06 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Exec Platinum, Hertz #1 Club Gold Five Star, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, HHonors Silver
I did get a phone call from AAdvantage Customer Service (someone named Brian) who is currently looking into this. Very friendly and helpful. I did tell him that it is not an isolated incident, but many people that made FTD transactions haven't gotten the Loyalty Points they should have earned based on AA's Loyalty Points website. He's going to follow up with me again once he has some answers. Hopefully, the more people that send in these requests, the better chance of getting this resolved for all of us.
pwendell and jamabam like this.
Old Apr 17, 2022, 5:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP
Hi All!

some great insights in this thread, as always!

a few days ago my purchase from 2/14 posted as “bonus miles” so no LPs. While a purchase I made on 3/30 posted both miles AND LPs less than a week later. I’ll try calling AA customer service.
Old Apr 17, 2022, 8:42 pm

Originally Posted by FlyerBeek
Except that AA specifically said - in writing - that FTD purchases would earn LPs in the promotional material for the new AAdvantage LP system. So far, none of my FTD purchases that have posted have earned a single LP. It would be one thing if the purchase earned 1x LP and 29x bonus miles (or whatever the equivalent bonus promo was at the time), but even that didn't happen. I never did the whole bonsai thing, because I had very little faith it would work as some hoped, but I was expecting at least the base FTD spend would qualify for LPs - which is certainly a reasonable interpretation of AA's own verbiage.

-FlyerBeek
how much were the purchases? If they were quite large, it's a bigger ask for the base miles that are owed to you to be matched with same # of LPs.
If it's just 500 base miles or so, it's prob no big deal for AAdvantage Cust Service to just throw some LPs your way of that amount.
Good luck.
Old Apr 18, 2022, 10:52 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Originally Posted by LovePrunes
how much were the purchases? If they were quite large, it's a bigger ask for the base miles that are owed to you to be matched with same # of LPs.
If it's just 500 base miles or so, it's prob no big deal for AAdvantage Cust Service to just throw some LPs your way of that amount.
Good luck.
All three purchases were around $100. So missing a total of 6,250 LPs. All told, not a huge amount but it's really the principle of the whole thing at this point. AA and AAdvantage eShopping have told me I need to reach out to FTD. So far, no response from FTD in the last 5 days.

-FlyerBeek
Old Apr 21, 2022, 8:30 am

Originally Posted by imsuchaluckass
Updates: I just got off the phone with AAdvantage Customer Service, and the agent was extremely knowledgeable, said he'd seen this issue before, put me on a long hold and got back to me saying that after escalating the situation he was able to resolve it and I will see my 30k LPs posted in no more than 7 business days.

Advice here is call AAdvantage Customer Service, be nice to them on the call, and pray you talk to Jorge, what a superb human being!!
After calling again yesterday because I didn't see the points posting in 7 days as the previous agent promised. I had a very 2h unpleasant call with a different agent and their supervisor, where they were just more interested in reading fine prints and painting a pretty picture where AA wasn't responsible for this debacle, and that I would not get the LPs.

I am seriously considering disputing the credit card charges.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.