Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AA Operated by PSA No small rollaboard carry on baggage?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA Operated by PSA No small rollaboard carry on baggage?

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2023, 8:26 pm

Programs: Whatever AMEX Plat comes with... I buy on price.. Spirit Big Front Seat, want First/buy First
Originally Posted by flyer703
Not sure what you mean by "PSA's operating certificate". It's a company policy, not part of any FAA-mandated regulations. I don't ever argue with a FA or GA when challenged, even when - as you say - I know I could easily fit it in F overhead. Just tag it and drop it off at the jet bridge.
Once it is written into PSA's FAA-approved manuals then it's practically as good as an FAA regulation in that they can be subject to enforcement action for failure to follow it.
FlyerBeek likes this.
Old May 17, 2023, 8:51 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Originally Posted by flyer703
Not sure what you mean by "PSA's operating certificate". It's a company policy, not part of any FAA-mandated regulations. I don't ever argue with a FA or GA when challenged, even when - as you say - I know I could easily fit it in F overhead. Just tag it and drop it off at the jet bridge.
Originally Posted by JAXPax
Once it is written into PSA's FAA-approved manuals then it's practically as good as an FAA regulation in that they can be subject to enforcement action for failure to follow it.
Exactly, JAXPax. PSA's manuals are reviewed and approved by the FAA - including this specific provision. While this restriction is not part of any FAR, PSA still needs to operate according to it's published policies to be in compliance with FAA requirements.

-FlyerBeek
Old May 22, 2023, 4:45 pm

Programs: AAdvantage
Flew ERJ-175 by Skywest this week and our rollers fit sideways.
Spiff likes this.
Old May 23, 2023, 7:17 am

Originally Posted by songofamerica89
E-175s can handle standard rollers without issue. Unfortunately, this thread is about PSA aircraft, and PSA only operates CRJs with much more limited overhead space.
Old Apr 11, 2024, 12:42 pm

Programs: Delta... sigh...
Originally Posted by flyupfront
Finishing my third flight of the day on CRJ-700. Flying first class and as I tried to board was told I can’t bring my small roller board into the cabin. My bag is small and easily fits above the seats on the starboard side.

When I questioned this, I was told by the flight attendant that it’s a “company policy.” Never had this happen before in dozens of similar flights.

I know this is a first world issue but strange…
I asked today what gives, especially because when boarding they say 22" (which mines is). They said FAA has not verified PSA to have those in the overhead on the CRJ7/9....
Old Apr 11, 2024, 3:50 pm
S80

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, 1MM, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by songofamerica89
Skywests's new 175s (coming right from the factory in Brazil, rather than the secondhand ones that Envoy is getting - although they do have new orders again now) are much nicer than their CRJs that don't have bins large enough for any rollaboards.

Originally Posted by JAXPax
Originally Posted by hokiebird2
I asked today what gives, especially because when boarding they say 22" (which mines is). They said FAA has not verified PSA to have those in the overhead on the CRJ7/9....
Yep, unfortunately PSA has gone down that path, for the worse. It's more of a PSA's decision than the FAA, they could always go and re-write their opspec to allow it. The whole reason they (and AA) cracked down again on the rollaboards is because the FAA caught them being in violation of their written plans, and they got their hands slapped.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.