Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

PDBs Coming Back? (anecdotes, experiences)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

PDBs Coming Back? (anecdotes, experiences)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2024, 6:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by hbtr
For me, PDBs seem to be a lot more consistent in 2024. 8 mainline flight segments so far this month, most offered full PDB service and one or two offered water/juice while accepting requests for other drinks.
What routes?

In ten MIA LAX MIA flights this year, I'm yet to be offered full PDB
Old Jan 30, 2024, 8:12 pm

Programs: BA Gold; Hilton Honors Diamond
Tonights AA739 LAS - LAX nada offered as a PDB due to a passenger throwing up in the F cabin during boarding.
Old Jan 31, 2024, 7:31 am

Programs: AA EXP, AA5MM
AA1608 DFW-LGA on Sat 27 Jan, No PDB despite finishing boarding early. FA was so lazy he did a one-tray service, e.g. nuts on the tray with the meal and no separate drinks. AA really needs to monitor and train their staff properly.

On a previous DFW-JFK flight earlier in January, not only was there no PDB, the FA was on what seemed like her first flight, got assigned the F cabin, clearly had no clue what she was doing (which I ascribe to AA's lack of training), it took her 2 hours to service a complete first round of drinks. Meals were served to the cabin at top of descent.
Old Jan 31, 2024, 10:51 am

Programs: QF, CX, BA
Completed the following flights in first half of Jan, on all offered full PDB choice of drinks, with excellent service throughout the flight on all as well.

AA2995 JFK-MEX
AA3655 ZIH-DFW
AA1726 DFW-LGA
Old Jan 31, 2024, 5:31 pm

1/30 PBI-DCA full PDB
1/31 LGA-DCA full PDB
Old Feb 1, 2024, 7:12 am

Programs: AAdvantage
This past Tuesday, TUS/PHX (Skywest CR 700) FA stared off into space but at least did a service in the air (25 minute flight). PHX/LAX A321 PDBs from a great young FA. Yesterday Wednesday LAX/MIA 788 standard tray of Champagne, OJ and sparking water.
Old Feb 1, 2024, 9:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by AA EXP DFW-LON
AA1608 DFW-LGA on Sat 27 Jan, No PDB despite finishing boarding early. FA was so lazy he did a one-tray service, e.g. nuts on the tray with the meal and no separate drinks. AA really needs to monitor and train their staff properly.

On a previous DFW-JFK flight earlier in January, not only was there no PDB, the FA was on what seemed like her first flight, got assigned the F cabin, clearly had no clue what she was doing (which I ascribe to AA's lack of training), it took her 2 hours to service a complete first round of drinks. Meals were served to the cabin at top of descent.
1, The airlines have cut back in training when it comes in-flight service.
2. AA FA's do not have a contract and you will be seeing more "less service"
hurnik likes this.
Old Feb 16, 2024, 4:12 pm

Programs: BA Gold; Hilton Honors Diamond
Todays AA2109 LAS - PHX no PDB but excellent service once in the air.
Old Feb 16, 2024, 4:49 pm

Programs: AA LT Platinum
Originally Posted by Geordie405
Tonights AA739 LAS - LAX nada offered as a PDB due to a passenger throwing up in the F cabin during boarding.
That would seem prudent, not to mention disgusting.
funnyfarm299 likes this.
Old Feb 19, 2024, 5:10 am

Programs: UA MM (former 1K) - DL PM (former DM) - Marriott Platinum
Today, 19 Feb AA719 MIA-LAX tray of water and OJ only
Old Feb 21, 2024, 12:30 pm

Programs: QR PC Platinum, TK M&S elite, UA silver, ITA Voltaire Executive (lol), Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
2/14 AA2995 JFK-MEX: Full pdb
2/20 AA1598 MEX-MIA: water/oj
2/20 AA54 MIA-JFK: Nothingeven though this was a wide body flight and we pushed back early
Old Feb 24, 2024, 4:24 pm

Programs: AA, Hertz, Hyatt, Hilton
2/24 AA4316 LGA-CMH: Full PDB
Old Feb 24, 2024, 8:28 pm

Programs: DL Skymiles DM, Hertz President Circle, Enterprise Platinum, IHG, BW Diamond Select, AA EXP
So after a trip (all in F) to Florida PDB was all over the place.,,

2/17 PHX-CLT 6am departureOJ or Water
2/17 CLT-TPA early afternoon departureFull PDB
2/23 SRQ-DFW 5pm departureWater only, asked for Club Soda and was told no, only water is available before departure
2/23 DFW-PHX 8pm departurePDB, but was told that no alcohol could be served on the groundonly cold drinks and would not make coffee.

I have not been told that no alcohol could be served on the ground before.

Whateverit is random at best. I have 6 segments on AA this coming weekguess well see what happens.
Old Feb 25, 2024, 9:03 am

Programs: AA EXP, AA5MM
AA1796 EWR-DFW No PDB, No pre-meal drinks, no nuts. FA hid in galley during boarding and didn't even greet the passengers. Plenty of time on the ground. After take off took 50 minutes for the FA to come take meal orders. Then she brought drinks at the same time she brought the tray. No nuts included. Service was pretty bad. While my sample size may be small, the last three domestic mid-con flights I've had (principally DFW-NYC-DFW) FA's have provided minimal service and minimal interaction in the F cabin. If this is a passive work action, AA should fix this asap. It really makes one want to fly other airlines.

EXP is only good for international first lounge access, which one can have being plat pro. I'm debating the value of putting enough business to AA this year (whether flights/credit card spend/shopping etc) to make EXP and I've been EXP every year since 1998.
Old Feb 25, 2024, 9:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by AA EXP DFW-LON
AA1796 EWR-DFW No PDB, No pre-meal drinks, no nuts. FA hid in galley during boarding and didn't even greet the passengers. Plenty of time on the ground. After take off took 50 minutes for the FA to come take meal orders. Then she brought drinks at the same time she brought the tray. No nuts included. Service was pretty bad. While my sample size may be small, the last three domestic mid-con flights I've had (principally DFW-NYC-DFW) FA's have provided minimal service and minimal interaction in the F cabin. If this is a passive work action, AA should fix this asap. It really makes one want to fly other airlines.

EXP is only good for international first lounge access, which one can have being plat pro. I'm debating the value of putting enough business to AA this year (whether flights/credit card spend/shopping etc) to make EXP and I've been EXP every year since 1998.
There has been a slow down in service, the FA's want a new contract. Plus the lack of service training is showing
hurnik and LowValueCustomer like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.