Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

NEWBIE LOUNGE 2022-2023: Ask AA newbie questions here - flame-free thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

NEWBIE LOUNGE 2022-2023: Ask AA newbie questions here - flame-free thread

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21, 2023, 9:32 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum-2 MM Starwood Plat,Delta DM
Funny you should mention the CX arrival at HKG. I came in on an early flight about 5 yrs ago and used that lounge. From what I remember it was not easy to find and it was small and packed. I had to sign in and wait I think an hour for a shower. It was a very small overcrowded space.
Old Sep 21, 2023, 9:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by robertw477
LHR is my final destination. We will also be returning back via LHR. So maybe on the return we will be ale to try one of the others. CX has always had great lounges in HKG so that one I would definitely try.
If your return from LHR is also on AA then definitely go to the CX F lounge, it's arguable the nicest of a good bunch.
Old Sep 21, 2023, 10:08 pm

Programs: United 1k aa exec plat
great info here about lounges..! much appreciated!..which is the best one in LHR btw? As an Exec Platinum I understand I can bring a guest-but do they have to be on same flight as me? i am on JAL (to haneda)and they are on BA to (madrid) different destination is that a problem? rather than lounge access will different terminals be the biggest problem?I will be 3 and they will be 5..
Old Sep 22, 2023, 6:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bryanwallace
great info here about lounges..! much appreciated!..which is the best one in LHR btw? As an Exec Platinum I understand I can bring a guest-but do they have to be on same flight as me? i am on JAL (to haneda)and they are on BA to (madrid) different destination is that a problem? rather than lounge access will different terminals be the biggest problem?I will be 3 and they will be 5..
Hi, there is oodles of discussion on here about the LHR T3 lounges, see the below threads. As an EXP the CX F lounge is arguably regarded as best with QF J second.

As an EXP you can take a guest to the lounge, they do not need to be on the same flight only a oneworld departure. However at LHR if you are departing T3 and they are departing T5 then no, they are not going to be able to join you*

*technically it is possible to get airside in T3 with a boarding pass from T5, but the whole process is a HUGE hassle, 100% not recommended at all just to access a lounge

Best T3 OneWorld Lounge

London LHR T3 best departure lounge for AA fliers?
Old Sep 22, 2023, 7:55 am

Originally Posted by guv1976
Here you go:

Just wondering, which app is this?
Old Sep 22, 2023, 8:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by EZTraveler
Just wondering, which app is this?
The AA app.
kobyjones21 and EZTraveler like this.
Old Sep 22, 2023, 3:58 pm

Programs: United 1k aa exec plat
Originally Posted by JJeffrey
Hi, there is oodles of discussion on here about the LHR T3 lounges, see the below threads. As an EXP the CX F lounge is arguably regarded as best with QF J second.

As an EXP you can take a guest to the lounge, they do not need to be on the same flight only a oneworld departure. However at LHR if you are departing T3 and they are departing T5 then no, they are not going to be able to join you*

*technically it is possible to get airside in T3 with a boarding pass from T5, but the whole process is a HUGE hassle, 100% not recommended at all just to access a lounge

Best T3 OneWorld Lounge

London LHR T3 best departure lounge for AA fliers?
wonderful-many thanks will ck this! great! regarding the terminal thing are there any oneworld flights to spain from t3? are iberia and ba all t5?
thanks
Old Sep 22, 2023, 6:58 pm

Programs: UA *G, Accor/Sofitel Gold, InterContinental Platinum
Admirals Club Access DEN

Forgive me it this has been asked a million times already. I did look through some of the posts and did not see anything. We are flying DEN-ORD-AMM next week. DEN-ORD is on AA (domestic first) and ORD-AMM is RJ (business). It is a paid ticket purchased through RJ. Will we get access to the Admirals Club at DEN? The AA website says we need a same day OW business class ticket, but it does not specify it must be at the airport where the international leg is starting.

Thank you for the information.
Old Sep 22, 2023, 7:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by RockyMntFlyer
Forgive me it this has been asked a million times already. I did look through some of the posts and did not see anything. We are flying DEN-ORD-AMM next week. DEN-ORD is on AA (domestic first) and ORD-AMM is RJ (business). It is a paid ticket purchased through RJ. Will we get access to the Admirals Club at DEN? The AA website says we need a same day OW business class ticket, but it does not specify it must be at the airport where the international leg is starting.

Thank you for the information.
Yep, you get access at both DEN and ORD.
RockyMntFlyer likes this.
Old Sep 23, 2023, 5:28 am

Flying AA72 SYD-LAX in J this week - do AA provide pyjamas and\or slippers? (Just trying to figure out what to pack in my carryon!)

Thanks!
Old Sep 23, 2023, 8:39 am

Originally Posted by douglasac10
Flying AA72 SYD-LAX in J this week - do AA provide pyjamas and\or slippers? (Just trying to figure out what to pack in my carryon!)

Thanks!
Yes, the slippers should already be at your seat, however you will have to request the PJs from the FA when they greet you with that PDB. That is of course assuming the PJs have been loaded on to the aircraft (and you get a PDB!). Note, only the longer AA longhauls will supply the PJs - something like 12+ hours (experts please verify).
douglasac10 likes this.
Old Sep 23, 2023, 9:09 am

BA has flights out of T3 and last time I looked, ib goes out of T3

Originally Posted by bryanwallace
wonderful-many thanks will ck this! great! regarding the terminal thing are there any oneworld flights to spain from t3? are iberia and ba all t5?
thanks
Old Sep 23, 2023, 9:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by 777lover
BA has flights out of T3 and last time I looked, ib goes out of T3

No no, IB has moved back to T5.
Old Sep 24, 2023, 6:27 pm

Total newby question here, flame away

What do all the letter codes I see posted all over this board mean? Like Y, J, C, W, F?

I’m pretty sure Y is economy or main cabin. But what are the rest and others?
Old Sep 24, 2023, 9:12 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by Stocks_n_Socks
Total newby question here, flame away

What do all the letter codes I see posted all over this board mean? Like Y, J, C, W, F?

I’m pretty sure Y is economy or main cabin. But what are the rest and others?
From AA.com:

First - F, A
Business - J, C, D, R, I
Premium Economy - W, P
Economy - Y, H, K, M, L, V, G, S, N, Q, O
Basic Economy - B
Stocks_n_Socks likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.