Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Incorrectly denied partner airline mileage request

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Incorrectly denied partner airline mileage request

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2022, 7:24 am

I received an email this morning stating the miles for my 12/26 flight posted to BA, which like the rest of you wasn’t the case. After seeing the thread, I’m hoping the issue gets resolved shortly, I do have copies of electronic boarding passes saved to my phone, but of course they don’t show my AA FF number like the paper copies do.
Old Jan 13, 2022, 7:40 am

I spoke with AA yesterday and was told that AA is processing them manually. I just checked and my flight on November 14 from LHR to MXP posted this morning.
nk15 likes this.
Old Jan 13, 2022, 7:47 am
Original Member, Ambassador: External Miles and Points Resources

Location: Digital Nomad Wandering the Earth - Currently in LIMA, PERU
Finally!
Old Jan 13, 2022, 8:13 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver
My wife got her miles posted as well for flights taken on Nov 17 (outbound) and Nov 28th (return).
Old Jan 13, 2022, 8:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by jamabam
I think we should all have been given extra comp for the stress and time we put into making sure we got what was rightfully ours. Especially during the holidays. I honestly will never book BA/IB ever again unless I have literally have no choice.
Honestly, if this is the biggest issue we have to deal with when traveling, we've come out lucky.

It's usually a pretty seamless process. Not going to lose sleep or make life changes due to a one time thing.
Old Jan 13, 2022, 8:58 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL Plat, VX Gold, VS Gold, HHonors Gold; SPG Gold; Marriott Gold
The first of my missing miles, for SFO to LHR on Dec 20 and return on Dec 29 posted today!
Old Jan 13, 2022, 9:00 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL Plat, VX Gold, VS Gold, HHonors Gold; SPG Gold; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by rganiko
I received an email this morning stating the miles for my 12/26 flight posted to BA, which like the rest of you wasn’t the case. After seeing the thread, I’m hoping the issue gets resolved shortly, I do have copies of electronic boarding passes saved to my phone, but of course they don’t show my AA FF number like the paper copies do.
when taking screenshots of mobile boarding passes - the FFP number should be on the ‘reverse’ or flip side. Screenshot both sides
nk15 likes this.
Old Jan 13, 2022, 9:56 am

Originally Posted by SFGuy37
when taking screenshots of mobile boarding passes - the FFP number should be on the ‘reverse’ or flip side. Screenshot both sides
Great info! Now I see my AA number when I click the ellipsis for more info in my mobile wallet. Thanks!
Old Jan 13, 2022, 12:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
Originally Posted by SFGuy37
And/or leave the passes in the wallet until they credit successfully.
Old Jan 13, 2022, 12:14 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, Hilton Diamond, AA Plat Pro
My missing miles from mid-Dec also posted today!
Old Jan 13, 2022, 12:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Flights from end of December credited and promotion successfully completed, but status expiration has not be updated yet, it says it may take up to 24 hours.
Old Jan 13, 2022, 2:59 pm

Programs: AAdvantage
Happy-ish news here too, but now a question.
The good: my trip has shown up.
The bad: the TATL legs were not credited with the following message:
LHR - ORD
Nov 22, 2021 • BA 0297 • Business (U)
Posted: Jan 13, 2022
Method: Ineligible - Award Ticket
This ticket was a paid PE ticket that I upgraded at the airport (also paid upgrade)--definitely not an award ticket. I should expect at least PE credit--probably not J, right?
Old Jan 13, 2022, 3:07 pm

Originally Posted by kokonutz
Finally!
I wonder why yours says "Method: Distance - exception applies" ... Mine only says "Method: Distance"
Old Jan 13, 2022, 3:07 pm

Programs: UA *G, BA Silver
Originally Posted by rjflies
Happy-ish news here too, but now a question.
The good: my trip has shown up.
The bad: the TATL legs were not credited with the following message:
LHR - ORD
Nov 22, 2021 • BA 0297 • Business (U)
Posted: Jan 13, 2022
Method: Ineligible - Award Ticket
This ticket was a paid PE ticket that I upgraded at the airport (also paid upgrade)--definitely not an award ticket. I should expect at least PE credit--probably not J, right?
A BA flight upgraded for cash at the airport will normally get you J credit, but it does depend on it not getting marked as U (award flight). I resolved my incidence of this problem in November by sending a private message here to BAMissingAvios and it was fixed within a few days (mine was more complex in that the 0 miles credited to BA and needed to be credited to AA as over 1000 EQDs).

I have had this award flight issue before, they always seem to be able to resolve it – but it is hard to work out whose responsibility it is and who to call. I would try a PM to BAMissingAvios - there's nothing to lose.
Old Jan 13, 2022, 3:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jamabam
I wonder why yours says "Method: Distance - exception applies" ... Mine only says "Method: Distance"
It may mean changed flights/ticket...Or that he is simply exceptional...
kokonutz, Antarius and jamabam like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.