Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Incorrectly denied partner airline mileage request

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Incorrectly denied partner airline mileage request

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2021, 5:27 pm

Programs: AAdvantage
...aaaand now I got this email--likely most or all of you did as well:
==================================================
Thank you for sending in your documentation. British Airways' system
recently encountered an error that denied many member's miles for this
reason.

We will work to get the miles credited properly, however, it can take up
to 30 days for this process to be completed.

Regards,

Micah Taylor
AAdvantage Customer Service
American Airlines
Old Dec 17, 2021, 7:26 pm

Same happened to me with an Iberia flight from July. Finally got a denial email saying it was "posted to other FFP". It was NOT.

My son is missing credit from a leg of a Qatar flight and I'm missing 2 legs from the same trip. My husband was recently denied credit (family trip) for the legs my son got credit for, reason stated was "ineligible route". If it's a glitch, I hope they fix it. If it's not, something is rotten. Husband should be PPro instead of Platinum. I should be EP instead of PPro. We traveled a ton this year and this is a mess.
Old Dec 19, 2021, 12:50 pm
aau

Programs: AA Plat Pro, UA MM Gold, HHonors Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Plat, IHG Ambassador
Originally Posted by aau
Relieved that seems to be a problem that AA is aware of.

I flew on a BA ticket Thanksgiving week, all BA flight numbers, but 3 flights were actually operated by AA, 2 BA, 1 IB. None of the flights have posted. I checked my BA account, they are not there either, which makes sense because my AAdvantage FF number was on my boarding passes for Sapphire benefits. I submitted a mileage credit request two days ago, no response yet. I have some but not all of the boarding passes. Hopefully this gets cleared up without too much hassle, as I'll need these flight segments to go from Plat to PlatPro.
So I received a response from AAdvantage denying my mileage credit request for almost every segment on my BA ticket, incorrectly stating that my flights were already credited to BA. The only exception was a MAD-LHR segment where I was asked to submit more documentation. What's the best next step here, call or reply to the denial email? No travel planned for a few months so not in a hurry, but I don't want to waste time talking to someone who doesn't know what's going on.
Old Dec 19, 2021, 8:15 pm

Originally Posted by aau
So I received a response from AAdvantage denying my mileage credit request for almost every segment on my BA ticket, incorrectly stating that my flights were already credited to BA. The only exception was a MAD-LHR segment where I was asked to submit more documentation. What's the best next step here, call or reply to the denial email? No travel planned for a few months so not in a hurry, but I don't want to waste time talking to someone who doesn't know what's going on.
I had something similar happen to me a few months ago with AA/B6. Sent in the request three times until they finally credited it.
Old Dec 19, 2021, 8:35 pm

Originally Posted by aau
I might give it a few days and see if the primary problem (all the credits that supposedly went to BA--both yours and others) and see if the MAD-LHR situation gets rectified at the same time. Even if it doesn't, it should be easier/clearer once the other segments get credited correctly.
Old Dec 20, 2021, 4:12 am

Programs: AA EXP
Here are two more "me too's," for my wife and me for Thanksgiving time-frame trips from LHR to the US. In my wife's case AA asked for more proof. In my case AA denied the request saying BA couldn't verify that I flew. I totally blame BA and IAG, which tolerate IT and phone systems that are so bad I wonder how the directors of those companies can look at themselves in the mirror in the morning!
Old Dec 20, 2021, 5:53 am

Update: my resubmitted request got an identical denial email this morning. Anybody else?
Old Dec 20, 2021, 7:55 am

Originally Posted by rjflies
Update: my resubmitted request got an identical denial email this morning. Anybody else?
Same here. And my first attempt to call the AAdvantage desk they insisted I speak to BA. Pretty sure that’s not correct but I tried it anyway. Nice British fellow on the line but he was confused why they would pass the buck since he can’t do anything. I said welcome to my life with AA. At least he confirmed in his system that my AA # was on the ticket. This is such a mess.
Old Dec 20, 2021, 8:19 am

Programs: AA PLTPRO, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Here's the email I received after submitting the follow-up request online. What's really amusing is that I received an email the next day from AA asking me to rate the service I received from the agent who authored this email.
It's interesting that she states "this is a known issue" - that at least provides a bit of hope that they know what to do to resolve it.

Hello OskiBear,
Thank you for providing the necessary information for us to continue your mileage request.
I have forwarded your request to our solutions team. This is a known issue and we are working diligently to rectify it.
It can take up to 30 days for this process to be completed. If this time passes and you do not receive a response, please reply to this email.
We appreciate your patience while we continue to work on this for you.
We truly value you as one of our Platinum members!
Have a safe and Happy Holiday!

Regards,
[Named redacted]
AAdvantage Customer Service
American Airlines
Old Dec 20, 2021, 10:33 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum/Million Miler, Marriott Titanium Elite-Lifetime, Hilton Gold
This sounds like an IT issue on one or both ends. I recommend giving them time to research and resolve it before repeatedly submitting the requests.
js1993 likes this.
Old Dec 20, 2021, 10:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by USFlyerUS
This sounds like an IT issue on one or both ends. I recommend giving them time to research and resolve it before repeatedly submitting the requests.
Likely BA as the posting is a push from the operating carrier.

and yes, repeatedly submitting requests on a known issue likely isn't going to do much but slow things down. It will get sorted out.
kokonutz and USFlyerUS like this.
Old Dec 20, 2021, 11:17 am

Originally Posted by Antarius
Likely BA as the posting is a push from the operating carrier.

and yes, repeatedly submitting requests on a known issue likely isn't going to do much but slow things down. It will get sorted out.
Without resubmitting I would be afraid that whenever they do resolve it, they won’t backtrack and re-review previously denied requests.
Old Dec 20, 2021, 12:02 pm

FWIW I replied to the EMAIL I got indicating that it's a known problem.
I reported that the problem recurred and asked for further guidance.
I'm planning on giving it a week before I call or resubmit.
Old Dec 21, 2021, 1:45 am

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum
My travel companion and I are experiencing the same issues from BA flights on the 26th and 29th of November. We resubmitted the requests with my boarding pass showing my AAdvantage number, but they were denied again. I believe this is is effecting flights taken after 13 November when BA migrated their Executive Club database to IAG's Global Loyalty Platform.

I would be interested to know if anyone has had a recent BA flight post to their AAdvantage account automatically or if it's still an unresolved issue.
Old Dec 21, 2021, 11:06 am

Originally Posted by ccrab

I would be interested to know if anyone has had a recent BA flight post to their AAdvantage account automatically or if it's still an unresolved issue.
Yes. I have an EXP friend who flew LHR-BOS on BA on Dec 14 and his flight posted automatically a couple of days later.

I flew the same flight on Dec 11 and am going through the process of trying to claim miles: did an online claim on Dec 18 and got an email this morning asking for copies of ticket confirmation and boarding passes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.