Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Incorrectly denied partner airline mileage request

Incorrectly denied partner airline mileage request

Old Dec 17, 2021, 3:26 am
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: London
Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum
Posts: 329
Incorrectly denied partner airline mileage request

I received a rejection for a mileage request for a flight taken on BA. Reason for denial given is 'Posted to BA FFP'. This is false. BA was never given anything other than the AAdvantage number, which appears in the boarding pass. Indeed, I received Oneworld benefits based on my AAdvantage status. Checked my Executive Club account just in case, no miles posted. Not a huge amount of points, but irritating. Any ideas on how to escalate? (Reply email bounced, call centre very busy.)
nk15 likes this.
UKdiver is offline  
Old Dec 17, 2021, 4:00 am
  #2  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: KHOU/KIAH
Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Posts: 11,324
Just email AAdvantage Customer Service again with a screenshot of the BA account activity (with it not present) and your BP if you have it. It likely will take a while but since it isn't a huge amount of points, hopefully not something that is worth sitting on the phone for right away.
Antarius is offline  
Old Dec 17, 2021, 4:03 am
  #3  
 
Join Date: Aug 2021
Posts: 216
Originally Posted by UKdiver
I received a rejection for a mileage request for a flight taken on BA. Reason for denial given is 'Posted to BA FFP'. This is false. BA was never given anything other than the AAdvantage number, which appears in the boarding pass. Indeed, I received Oneworld benefits based on my AAdvantage status. Checked my Executive Club account just in case, no miles posted. Not a huge amount of points, but irritating. Any ideas on how to escalate? (Reply email bounced, call centre very busy.)
Oh wow same here. Been waiting weeks for the miles to post and I just got the rejection email with that same exact reason given Posted to BA FFP. I dont even have a BA account! I figured Ill call when the desk opens in a few hours. This is beyond frustrating.
nk15 likes this.
jamabam is offline  
Old Dec 17, 2021, 4:22 am
  #4  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: London
Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum
Posts: 329
Thanks. As it is difficult to find the AAdvantage customer service email address, I am enclosing it here: [email protected]
UKdiver is offline  
Old Dec 17, 2021, 5:15 am
  #5  
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: LON, between FAB and EGTD
Programs: OWS - AA Lifetime Platinum, BA nobody (blue)
Posts: 871
I've just had one of these today too. I'd assumed the problem was with a slightly complicated ticket. W ticket upgraded with miles to J, and a later date change after a BA cancellation, so three different tickets overall. But maybe it's not that, just another BA IT glitch.*

* being polite with the word glitch.
tjcxx is offline  
Old Dec 17, 2021, 6:40 am
  #6  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: London
Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum
Posts: 329
Maybe it has to do with a date change on my ticket.
UKdiver is offline  
Old Dec 17, 2021, 8:09 am
  #7  
 
Join Date: Jan 2021
Posts: 17
I also am having the same issue with a BA flight. I also noticed another BA flight I took did not give me the base and bonus miles for the second BA flight but I did get it for the first flight from MIA to LHR.
Fine1 is offline  
Old Dec 17, 2021, 8:21 am
  #8  
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Long Beach, CA
Programs: AA PLTPRO, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Posts: 3,567
Wow - misery loves company. I had the exact same email this morning! I checked my BA Avios account and nothing was ever posted there. I double-checked my boarding passes and my AAdvantage number was clearly on the passes.
This is so frustrating - I suspect it's a BA error, though? Based on them transmitting into to AA?
OskiBear is offline  
Old Dec 17, 2021, 8:30 am
  #9  
 
Join Date: Jul 2021
Programs: AAdvantage
Posts: 150
Originally Posted by OskiBear
Wow - misery loves company. I had the exact same email this morning! I checked my BA Avios account and nothing was ever posted there. I double-checked my boarding passes and my AAdvantage number was clearly on the passes.
This is so frustrating - I suspect it's a BA error, though? Based on them transmitting into to AA?
Same here. I called AA and agent said that my call was the second today with this problem. I told her there would likely be more.
Agent walked me through going to the Contact AA page/choosing the right menu items/ sending message with photo of BPs, all of which showed AA FFN. For me, this trip is the one that will put me over the top to EXP, so I was willing to call about it.

PS The moral of the story is to always save your BP until the miles get credited. I'm sure there's another way to document, but this way is easy.

PPS It strikes me as ironic that Iberia has been quickly and correctly crediting me and yet BA has not.
wrp96, Antarius and nk15 like this.
rjflies is offline  
Old Dec 17, 2021, 8:34 am
  #10  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: KHOU/KIAH
Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Posts: 11,324
Originally Posted by rjflies
PS The moral of the story is to always save your BP until the miles get credited. I'm sure there's another way to document, but this way is easy.
100%. Especially with QR.

Also helped me once when leaving Germany. The ding dongs in France forgot to or chose not to stamp my passport on entry and Germany was not particularly pleased with the lack of it. Finally showed them my BP and that helped sort it out.
Antarius is offline  
Old Dec 17, 2021, 9:05 am
  #11  
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Long Beach, CA
Programs: AA PLTPRO, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Posts: 3,567
I'm curious if there's a consistent reason for these issues.
In my case, the only unusual thing that happened was shortly after I booked my flights, BA generated a schedule change. I was flying LAX-LHR-AMM and they canceled the LHR-AMM flight on the day I was scheduled to fly. I called and they moved to a set of flights departing one day earlier. When I look at my ticket/receipt, I see I have two sets of ticket numbers - it seems they reissued the tickets. Is this common practice for a schedule change?
Not sure if this had any effect on these miles posting.
OskiBear is offline  
Old Dec 17, 2021, 9:35 am
  #12  
 
Join Date: Jul 2021
Programs: AAdvantage
Posts: 150
Originally Posted by OskiBear
I'm curious if there's a consistent reason for these issues.
In my case, the only unusual thing that happened was shortly after I booked my flights, BA generated a schedule change. I was flying LAX-LHR-AMM and they canceled the LHR-AMM flight on the day I was scheduled to fly. I called and they moved to a set of flights departing one day earlier. When I look at my ticket/receipt, I see I have two sets of ticket numbers - it seems they reissued the tickets. Is this common practice for a schedule change?
Not sure if this had any effect on these miles posting.
I'm going to go with IT glitch or somebody just fat-fingering a whole batch of mileage credits.
My own ticket had a flight / schedule change and upgrades with cash on two legs, but really who hasn't had a flight change on an international trip this year?? And my BPs all had the FFN.

For all: when did you travel & when did you request missing miles?
I started travel 15 Nov and requested missing miles Dec 14 or 15 (I think).
Antarius likes this.
rjflies is offline  
Old Dec 17, 2021, 9:38 am
  #13  
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Long Beach, CA
Programs: AA PLTPRO, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Posts: 3,567
Originally Posted by rjflies
For all: when did you travel & when did you request missing miles?
I started travel 15 Nov and requested missing miles Dec 14 or 15 (I think).
I traveled on 11/19 - 11/20
Sent mileage credit request on 11/27
Received denial on 12/17
OskiBear is offline  
Old Dec 17, 2021, 9:42 am
  #14  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Programs: AA
Posts: 14,789
I wonder if this has anything to do with BA's recent IT issues. Not that it's a good reason if it is, but at least there would be an explanation.
lbbzman and scoonee like this.
wrp96 is offline  
Old Dec 17, 2021, 9:42 am
  #15  
 
Join Date: Aug 2021
Posts: 216
Originally Posted by rjflies
Same here. I called AA and agent said that my call was the second today with this problem. I told her there would likely be more.
Agent walked me through going to the Contact AA page/choosing the right menu items/ sending message with photo of BPs, all of which showed AA FFN. For me, this trip is the one that will put me over the top to EXP, so I was willing to call about it.

PS The moral of the story is to always save your BP until the miles get credited. I'm sure there's another way to document, but this way is easy.

PPS It strikes me as ironic that Iberia has been quickly and correctly crediting me and yet BA has not.
ugh, I did not keep my BPs. I havent had this happen to me before, really wish I knew about that advice! lesson learned but these flights will qualify me as well so I will not let it go lol.

did they instruct you to upload receipt and BPs or just suggested? when I called in, the agent reprocessed my request and said dont worry but it could take another two weeks. thank goodness the qualifying year has been extended to February, but its still so maddening.

my flight was 11/18/2021 and I submitted a request 12/14/2021. I wouldve done it after two days if I wasnt so patient initially. that patience is totally gone though ​​​​​​​
nk15 likes this.
jamabam is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.