Wiki Posts
Search

New Admirals Club @ LGA!

Search this Thread

Old Dec 18, 2021, 11:00 am

Programs: BA GLD, AA GLD 1MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LT Titanium
Originally Posted by footballfanatic
showers?
I was only there for a few minutes, but I did use the bathroom and didn’t see any sign of showers.

I also didn’t see any phone booths (I love those myself) but there were a couple of semi-private seating options.
Old Dec 18, 2021, 7:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by FlyerBeek
Curious if they moved the whiskey collection over to the new location? That was a piece of history at the old LGA AC - which I believe was the world’s first airline club when it opened in the 1930s.

-FlyerBeek
Covered here:
https://www.forbes.com/sites/ramseyq...another-opens/
FlyerBeek likes this.
Old Dec 18, 2021, 7:17 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Originally Posted by Fraser
From the article above:
"Liquor laws back in 1939 didn’t allow American to sell liquor, so the airline’s president at the time, C.R. Smith, kept a private whiskey collection at the club. That collection is still around, and it will move to the new club when it opens."

I guess for all the times I've used the AC at LGA I hadn't noticed or paid attention to the whiskey collection...
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Nice! Glad to see they'll be keeping that part of AA history on display.

-FlyerBeek
Old Dec 19, 2021, 9:27 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by footballfanatic
showers?
Originally Posted by River in Sight
I was only there for a few minutes, but I did use the bathroom and didn’t see any sign of showers.
From what I have observed, showers are usually only available at Long Haul International flight gateway hubs to serve those pax, albeit not exclusively.
Old Dec 20, 2021, 11:47 am

Programs: Lifetime Plat/4mm miles, Starwood, HiltonHonors
Curious if they moved the whiskey collection over to the new location? That was a piece of history at the old LGA AC - which I believe was the world’s first airline club when it opened in the 1930s.

-FlyerBeek
I hope so. Ken, the bartender at the old, old AC there wondered if the ghost of CR Smith would come in and take a nip now and then. Here's a link to an article about it in Wine Spectator back in '05:
https://www.winespectator.com/articl...der-glass-2446

Last edited by Danwriter; Dec 20, 2021 at 12:48 pm
Old Dec 20, 2021, 4:36 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Originally Posted by Danwriter
I hope so. Ken, the bartender at the old, old AC there wondered if the ghost of CR Smith would come in and take a nip now and then. Here's a link to an article about it in Wine Spectator back in '05:
https://www.winespectator.com/articl...der-glass-2446
Thanks for the link (and making it something that isn't TPG!). Instead of calling it the Angel's Share, I guess we can consider it CR Smith's Share.

-FlyerBeek
Old Dec 20, 2021, 9:19 pm

Programs: Marriott - Ambadorssor, Hyatt - Globalist, Hilton - Diamond, IHG - Diamond
it looks nice, how about the food options?
Old Dec 21, 2021, 6:29 am

And, have the liquor license issues been resolved?

-FlyerBeek
Old Dec 21, 2021, 7:44 am

Programs: BA GLD, AA GLD 1MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LT Titanium
And, have the liquor license issues been resolved?

-FlyerBeek
i was served wine and there was plenty of alcohol on display, so I assume so.
FlyerBeek likes this.
Old Dec 30, 2021, 11:48 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I used it last week and I was actually pretty unimpressed. I think it's too small, especially for how many flights they have out of LGA, and nothing about it feels special. The bar and food areas are especially small in fact. It looks just like every other AA Club. I know part of that is nostalgia talking because I grew up going to the old LGA AC but it didn't do anything for me at all.
Old Dec 30, 2021, 12:36 pm
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
I believe the current bar area is temporary and the real bar will be in the expanded second phase to open next year.
Old Mar 31, 2022, 12:44 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, American Gold, JetBlue Mosaic 4, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond,
Any recent (February/March) visits to this club? Any direct comparison to the Centurion Lounge?
Old Mar 31, 2022, 1:17 pm

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
Originally Posted by Adelphos
Any recent (February/March) visits to this club? Any direct comparison to the Centurion Lounge?
The admirals club is closer to the AmericanAirlines gates, a bit quieter and less crowded, but food/beverage isn’t even close, I almost always go to centurion instead.
ceebee100 and Adelphos like this.
Old Apr 4, 2022, 4:36 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Adelphos
Originally Posted by donotblink
The admirals club is closer to the AmericanAirlines gates, a bit quieter and less crowded, but food/beverage isn’t even close, I almost always go to centurion instead.
I agree the food and drink aren't close but if I just want to relax I prefer the AC. I find the CL has too many tables devoted to dining and too few devoted to relaxing.
Old Apr 21, 2022, 2:42 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by CMK10
I think it's too small, especially for how many flights they have out of LGA, and nothing about it feels special.
Can confirm. 4pm on a Thursday and there are no free seats. Standing room only at the bar.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.