New Admirals Club @ LGA!

Old Dec 16, 2021, 11:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA, Bonvoy, Delta, Hyatt
New Admirals Club @ LGA!

This is so long overdue. However the article both says it will be complete in Spring 2022, but also mentions it will open Thursday (today). I'm passing through LGA next week, so I'm interested if anyone provides their experience with the new club (if it's actually open)
https://thepointsguy.com/news/americ...terminal-move/
Old Dec 16, 2021, 11:30 am

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
I wonder when they will demolish the d gates
GlobalMatt likes this.
Old Dec 16, 2021, 11:32 am

Programs: AA EXP/OWE, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by mhbnyc
This is so long overdue. However the article both says it will be complete in Spring 2022, but also mentions it will open Thursday (today). I'm passing through LGA next week, so I'm interested if anyone provides their experience with the new club (if it's actually open)
I will say the whiskey collection is quite impressive. That said, I've been through LGA a handful of times recently and have not seen any physical evidence of a lounge that would be ready to open today. Of course I'm also not aimlessly walking around this airport, and could easily have missed it.
Old Dec 16, 2021, 12:12 pm

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
Originally Posted by mhbnyc

mhbnyc likes this.
Old Dec 16, 2021, 12:45 pm

Programs: AA EXP/OWE, Marriott Ambassador
I think I speak for all of FT to share photos with us when passing through the new lounge. (THAT'S A DEMAND! )
Old Dec 16, 2021, 12:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA, Bonvoy, Delta, Hyatt
I will be there on 12/25 and will do my best to comply with this DEMAND.
dw and renila like this.
Old Dec 16, 2021, 8:46 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Oh I just flew into the LGA B gates and walked past a sign for the Admirals Club. Long day and didn't think anything of it. Guess I should've gone up the escalator and checked it out!
Old Dec 16, 2021, 9:20 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Curious if they moved the whiskey collection over to the new location? That was a piece of history at the old LGA AC - which I believe was the world’s first airline club when it opened in the 1930s.

-FlyerBeek
Old Dec 17, 2021, 8:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
Originally Posted by FlyerBeek
Curious if they moved the whiskey collection over to the new location? That was a piece of history at the old LGA AC - which I believe was the worlds first airline club when it opened in the 1930s.
From the article above:
"Liquor laws back in 1939 didnt allow American to sell liquor, so the airlines president at the time, C.R. Smith, kept a private whiskey collection at the club. That collection is still around, and it will move to the new club when it opens."

I guess for all the times I've used the AC at LGA I hadn't noticed or paid attention to the whiskey collection...
renila and FlyerBeek like this.
Old Dec 17, 2021, 1:29 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2.8m,Lifetime PLT, Hilton Diamond, IHG PlLT, SPG Gold
from what I am hearing.. they dont have the necessary permits to serve alcohol yet... .. maybe something AA should have
planned ahead..
Old Dec 17, 2021, 2:43 pm

Programs: It's Complicated...
Originally Posted by fotographer
from what I am hearing.. they dont have the necessary permits to serve alcohol yet... .. maybe something AA should have
planned ahead..
Maybe but I wouldn't be so sure there isn't some local bureaucracy at play also that caused a problem.
dw, renila and GrumpyYoungMan like this.
Old Dec 17, 2021, 7:38 pm

Programs: BA GLD, AA GLD 1MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LT Titanium
I arrived at the club around 915 this evening for my 10PM to DC. I was the only customer in the club for my 10 minute stay. Everything was already cleaned up but the staff proactively offered food, went in the back and got it for me, and opened up a fresh bottle of wine for a drink. The service was so courteous, the opposite of what I was expecting arriving just before close.

I didnt have much time but the lounge is open to the concourse below and seems like it will have a lot of natural light when the sun is up. Pictures below.

Main seating area near the entrance

Solo seating option

Seating overlooking the concourse

Dessert

Last edited by River in Sight; Dec 17, 2021 at 7:45 pm
Old Dec 17, 2021, 9:21 pm

The seating looks nice..I hope they put in phone booths like they had at the old location, I found those very useful.
Old Dec 18, 2021, 7:01 am

Originally Posted by donotblink
The seating looks nice..I hope they put in phone booths like they had at the old location, I found those very useful.
showers?
Old Dec 18, 2021, 9:28 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Middle of this Business Insider article covers this club. Rest covers opening of new section of new Terminal B.

https://www.businessinsider.com/new-...welcomed-in-33

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.