Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Abyssmal food on board

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17, 2021, 9:14 am

Programs: LX Senator; AF Platinum and Club 2000; AA Platinum for life (former EXP)
Well for those who say that Oneworld is bad because of BA and AA, take a look at the others. Star is beyond horrible with UA, that generally is the worst of the big three US carriers. Skyteam is dragged down by Delta, that now has taken up the challenge to be the worst US carrier and for the moment has taken that trophy from UA.
Old Sep 17, 2021, 9:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by sfoeuroflyer
Star is beyond horrible with UA, that generally is the worst of the big three US carriers.
Not if you're going to Europe. I'd have Austrian, Air Canada, Lufthansa, Scandinavian, LOT, Brussels, and Croatia Airlines to redeem miles on. None of those airlines have that criminal tax BA imposes. 7 airlines to choose vs. 3 (I don't even count BA awards because that tax).
Old Sep 17, 2021, 10:40 am

Programs: AA Gold, Alaska MVP; Free Agent Super Duper Diamond Treasure Chest ;)
Originally Posted by Herb687

Heck, I even had a steak in AA Y EZE-MIA in the early 1990s that was outstanding.
Had Filet Mignon for the first time in AA Y LHR-JFK 1993
Old Sep 17, 2021, 1:07 pm

Programs: CoUniHound 1K 1MM, AA EXP 2MM, DL Plat, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
In times of stress, people revert to their true self. Pre-COVID, I thought AA's premium cabin food (including presentation) had become the best of the US3. There was a lot of improvement during 2018-2019. With the pandemic, Parker reverted back to his true self and cut service to the bare minimum and AA is going to be the laggard in restoring on-board service.
enviroian likes this.
Old Sep 17, 2021, 1:13 pm

Programs: AA EP
According to AA, the “majority” of their T3 lounge is an AC. That is what is open right now at T3 via BA — more AC than FSL like.

remember, the only FSL open right now is JFK with Miami coming online soon. LHR FSL had not been mentioned yet.

Originally Posted by VSLover
whats so odd is the LHR lounge situation.

with no BA flights out of T3, but the BA lounge open, it smells of AA cost cutting because that is not the same BA T5 lounge experience which is online order from a limited menu. why AA did not open their lounge is odd if they were the only one of the two to operate flights from T3 but imagine it would be cheaper to use BA given they already were staffing across T5, and AA chose the "lounge lite" package that BA offered which is like the normal set up but more akin to holding the wedding in the backyard. much much cheaper.
Old Sep 17, 2021, 1:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by sfoeuroflyer
Well for those who say that Oneworld is bad because of BA and AA, take a look at the others. Star is beyond horrible with UA, that generally is the worst of the big three US carriers. Skyteam is dragged down by Delta, that now has taken up the challenge to be the worst US carrier and for the moment has taken that trophy from UA.
Star comes last by virtue of having Air India.

To me, OW has the best average of the lot.
Old Sep 17, 2021, 2:27 pm

Programs: AA EP
According to AA, the “majority” of their T3 lounge is an AC. That is what is open right now at T3 via BA — more AC than FSL like.

remember, the only FSL open right now is JFK with Miami coming online soon. LHR FSL had not been mentioned yet.

Originally Posted by VSLover
whats so odd is the LHR lounge situation.

with no BA flights out of T3, but the BA lounge open, it smells of AA cost cutting because that is not the same BA T5 lounge experience which is online order from a limited menu. why AA did not open their lounge is odd if they were the only one of the two to operate flights from T3 but imagine it would be cheaper to use BA given they already were staffing across T5, and AA chose the "lounge lite" package that BA offered which is like the normal set up but more akin to holding the wedding in the backyard. much much cheaper.
Old Sep 17, 2021, 4:18 pm

Programs: LX Senator; AF Platinum and Club 2000; AA Platinum for life (former EXP)
The real laggard

Originally Posted by Catbert10
In times of stress, people revert to their true self. Pre-COVID, I thought AA's premium cabin food (including presentation) had become the best of the US3. There was a lot of improvement during 2018-2019. With the pandemic, Parker reverted back to his true self and cut service to the bare minimum and AA is going to be the laggard in restoring on-board service.
Actually AA is not the worst now. Delta has snatched the title. SLC-JFK...no hot food. Instead a pathetic box with wooden cutlery. Simply terrible. AA has not sunk that low.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.